Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:45 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
Offline
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 am
Posts: 489
Doctor Love Shack will now flail wildly at the Acutea in front of him with his mace, success appears unlikely

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:31 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Sing casts Fire Bolt @ 3.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Adreena will search around to recover as many usable crossbow bolts as she can.

    "Good ! Raveesh, will those two be a problem if we have to come back this way ? "

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:01 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm
    Posts: 620
    LTDave wrote:
    "3" takes a toughness test… [ 3 ] Fail! "3" is KO'd

    "1" and "3" flee from the chamber… disappearing back the way the stack entered…

    Shouldn't it be "1" and "2" fleeing the chamber?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:04 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    LTDave wrote:
    Adreena loads and fires at Aculeata 3 again. [ 1 ] Hit!
    "3" takes a toughness test… [ 3 ] Fail! "3" is KO'd

    "1" and "3" flee from the chamber… disappearing back the way the stack entered…



    Read that again... LTDave. I'm preeeety sure its Aculeatas '1' & '2' that flee ;)

    [EDIT] bah ninja'd

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:20 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Bah. Missed that the fight is over. I guess I'll refrain from fire-bolting anything for the moment; and will have to hope that, one day, I'll actually hit something.

    Perhaps, in the next encounter, we'll fight the broad side of a barn. (crosses fingers)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:17 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm
    Posts: 316
    So damage doesn't matter unless it is negated by armor?

    Wildthwing now wishes he had bought very heavy armor.

    Is his shield heavy or light?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    WhirdCheese wrote:
    Is his shield heavy or light?


    Whilst purchasing it Werebiscuit wrote:
    Adreena buys Wildthwing the biggest sturdiest shield she can find.



    From Adreena's attempts to buy you the biggest, sturdiest shield she could find I'd reckon that your shield is of the heavy type

    A question of my own, From your description LTDave it seems the hunting spear is used 2-handed. Correct ? Can it be weilded one-handed with a shield ?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:05 am 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3248
    Yes, should be "1" and "2" that flee. "4" is cwoaked, and "3" is KO'd.

    Raveesh shakes his head. "We won't need to come back this way. And you handled them pretty well - why worry about those two? Are you ready to move on?"


    The Hunting Spear seems to be a one handed throwing spear - more like a Javelin than a Pike.

    Wildthwing has a heavy shield, but only light armour (wildmen can't have heavy armour for some reason). Armour helps with the toughness test after taking a hit...

    _________________
    Benemala Edupad OCC

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    " Oh, the wounded aculeata's don't worrry me... .it's them finding friends I'm worried about.
    But glad we don't have to come back this way......

    ...Juust... let.. me find ...this ...last ..bolt...
    "

    Adreena fired 6 shots ( 2 hits & 4 misses) out of her 16 bolts, how many fired bolts can she recover ?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:27 pm 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3248
    *rolling*

    Adreena finds two bolts in the corpse of the defeated foe - and two more are found nearby.

    The other two have disappeared without a trace.

    Character Stats
    Spoiler: show
    Name: Shack [ETheBoyce]
    Race: Human Profession: Healer
    STR 2 DEX 2 INT 3 SPT 4
    Agility 3 Craft 6 Fighting 3 Knowledge 6 Perception 6
    Persuasion 11 Shooting 4 Speed 3 Stealth 5 Toughness 5

    Weapons: Mace, 3 Hunting Spears
    Armour: Light Armour
    Special: Healer. Once per phase, a Healer can touch a wounded Character to restore to full health, or a "KO'd" character to restore to wounded. Cwoaked is another matter…
    Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Tent, Writing Set, Potion of Healing.
    Funds in hand: 95


    Name: Wildthwing [WhirdCheese]
    Race: Twoll Profession: Wilder
    STR 5 DEX 3 INT 1 SPT 2
    Agility 5 Craft 3 Fighting 9 Knowledge 1 Perception 3
    Persuasion 3 Shooting 3 Speed 8 Stealth 4 Toughness 9

    Weapons: Battle Axe, Axe
    Armour: Light Armour, Shield
    Special: Survival. A Wilder can use their perception skill to track animals and enemies, as well as find food and water.
    Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Hammer, Pick, Grapnel.
    Funds in hand: 80


    Name: Singthis Corrosion [MarbitChow]
    Race: Elf Profession: Caster
    STR 1 DEX 1 INT 5 SPT 4
    Agility 1 Craft 6 Fighting 1 Knowledge 13 Perception 9
    Persuasion 7 Shooting 5 Speed 1 Stealth 4 Toughness 4

    Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook, Longbow (12 arrows)
    Spells: Fire Bolt: If a Caster makes a Shooting check this automatically casuses a wound. Range 30'; Invisibility: Caster cannot be seen for 3 phases unless he attacks an enemy or casts a spell; Teleport: Caster disappears and reappears at any point he can see within 60'; Countermagic: This disrupts a spell targeted at the Caster and nullifies it. This is the only spell that can be cast as an immediate reaction and not on the Caster's turn. It can only be cast once per turn.
    Armour: None
    Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Chalk, Small Mirror, Writing Set.
    Funds in hand: 0


    Name: Adreena [Werebiscuit]
    Race: Human Profession: Scout
    STR 1 DEX 4 INT 3 SPT 3
    Agility 7 Craft 8 Fighting 4 Knowledge 5 Perception 6
    Persuasion 5 Shooting 8 Speed 4 Stealth 9 Toughness 3

    Weapons: Dagger, 1 Hunting Spear, Crossbow (14 bolts), Atatl
    Armour: Light Armour, Shield
    Special: Infiltration: A Scout can try to open locked doors using their craft skill.
    Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Lockpicks, Mirror, Pot of Grease, D'Step's Gem, Spade.
    Funds in hand: 125


    Name: Craven [Swodaems]
    Race: Marbit Profession: Warrior
    STR 3 DEX 5 INT 2 SPT 1
    Agility 11 Craft 6 Fighting 10 Knowledge 3 Perception 2
    Persuasion 1 Shooting 6 Speed 8 Stealth 5 Toughness 3

    Weapons: Sword, Sling (20 bullets)
    Armour: Light Armour, Light Shield.
    Special: A Warrior can attack twice in a phase, if he has not moved, against any adjacent enemy.
    Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Crowbar, Pole (8'), Iron Spikes (x6)
    Funds in hand: 200


    Name: Toothry A'ah [Lipkin]
    Race: Transylvito Profession: Caster
    STR 4 DEX 2 INT 4 SPT 1
    Agility 3 Craft 5 Fighting 5 Knowledge 10 Perception 6
    Persuasion 2 Shooting 5 Speed 5 Stealth 2 Toughness 4

    Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook
    Armour: None
    Special: Befriend: One person likes you for 5 minutes. He will help & defend you, but not do anything suicidal. He will remember afterwards what you did. If you attack him it breaks the spell; , Daze: Enemy cannot attack for 3 turns. He can still move & defencd himself. Range 30'; Detect Enemy: Gives the location of the nearest creature who intends to harm the caster up to 60'; Terrify: Enemy must pass a Tougness skill check to attack wizard. Lasts 3 rounds.
    Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Gentleman's cane, Writing Set, Chalk, Cape, Doombat.
    Funds in hand: 0

    _________________
    Benemala Edupad OCC

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:56 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm
    Posts: 316
    Wildthwing gets his shield back from Raveesh. Then follows him when they are supposed to.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    " All Right, let's form up again. Maybe it's better that I go up front with Raveesh as it uses my skills better. Wildthwing you watch my back. Count, you and Craven take the rear but be ready to move forward. Casters in the centre.... this time, though, let's stay as a stack. Raveeesh,...are there any other surprises these tunnels are likely to hold ? "

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:53 pm 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Online
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
    Posts: 3836
    Toothry floats towards Adreena.

    "Listen. I'm not saying this is a bad plan, but who made you leader of this party? You are continuously trying to take control, with little consideration for the thoughts or wishes of the rest of us. Had you allowed me to cast when I wanted to, maybe we wouldn't have been taken by surprise. A little back and forth wouldn't croak you."

    _________________
    I'm writing a fan fiction. It's called Murder in the Magic Kingdom. Check it out, if you'd like. Completed May 5th, 2015

    I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:13 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Sing leans in towards Toothry and Adreena. "If I might be so bold, I believe I should lead the way, with Toothry in the main group detecting hostiles as we go. I may value my powers of observation more highly than the rest of you lot, but even if I underestimate my own skills, I've got several spells uniquely qualified to extract me from danger that the rest of you do not possess."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:22 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    " Count, the minute I hear a better plan from you I'm more than willing to follow it. At the moment, though, all I hear are complaints, not suggestions. You came up with a decent enough plan aboard Stephanie, if you've got suggestions let's hear them "

    Dismissively, she turns to Sing
    " I've no more desire to put myself in the firing line than I have to lead," she snorts derisively in the Count's direction " however I don't think casters should take the brunt of any ambush or charge. how would you deal with either ?"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:32 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Werebiscuit wrote:
    "I've no more desire to put myself in the firing line than I have to lead," she snorts derisively in the Count's direction " however I don't think casters should take the brunt of any ambush or charge. how would you deal with either ?"
    I'd assume that being invisible or teleporting away would be more than sufficient, and if the ambush is magical in nature I'm the ONLY one who could counter it."

    /OOC LTDave: Are we using Juice when we cast? I don't see any indication as such. If so, can I keep recasting Invisibility when it wears out, or will I exhaust myself? If I can stay invisible, I'll respond as follows:

    "Advancing invisibly would even allow me to ambush most ambushes, or at least provide significant warning to prepare ourselves."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Online
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
    Posts: 3836
    Toothry nods.

    "Sing is right. He's better able to detect danger than you are, and able to escape harm should he fail to. Between him, and my casting, we should be able to keep forewarned, and if we find trouble, we can direct the fighters to the appropriate position."

    _________________
    I'm writing a fan fiction. It's called Murder in the Magic Kingdom. Check it out, if you'd like. Completed May 5th, 2015

    I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:11 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm
    Posts: 316
    "Wildthwing stay at front. Wildthwing best suited for being attacked."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Sweeping Dwagon
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:21 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Sing nods. "That's not a bad idea, Wild. I'll act as spotter, and you act as buffer."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: