Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Erfabet
 Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Quote:
6 is for dwagons in six colorations
(The seventh was lost in a Retconjuration)

... but which one? We now have red, blue, green, yellow, pink and purple, as shown

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Erfabet
     Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:51 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    peteratjet wrote:
    Quote:
    6 is for dwagons in six colorations
    (The seventh was lost in a Retconjuration)

... but which one? We now have red, blue, green, yellow, pink and purple, as shown

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Dwagon

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 pm 
    "For the purposes of printing the Erfworld books all black / brown dragons were Retconjured to purple."

And here:

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Retconjuration

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/155 ... sts/183910

"When it came time for Rob and company to design the Real World dwagon plushies, the total number of colors initially came to seven. Pink, red, blue, purple, green, yellow, and black. Rob didn't really want to make seven different colors of plushie, because it's an odd number and it just felt like way too many for a set. This led Rob to see if he could get away with dropping one color of dwagon. After looking, Rob found that black (dark brown?) dwagons had only appeared once or twice, and never in combat. Furthermore, he thought black material would look bad with the embroidered eyes. A little while later, in the webcomic The Order of the Stick[2], a dramatic story moment occurred: many, many black dragons (not called dwagons in OOTS) from all over the planet were instantly wiped out by a spell. Rob considers OOTS to be sort of Erfworld's godfather comic; this led him to the conclusion that the same spell must have killed off Erfworld's black dwagons. This prompted Rob to Retconjure all black/brown dwagons to purple for the book printing.[3] (Note that nothing was said about Retconning them in the webcomics, and some readers have reported still finding brown/black dwagons in the book.) "

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:13 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Awww, that's cute, a little nod and sorta cameo kinda deal thing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:13 pm 
    Thomar wrote:
    "For the purposes of printing the Erfworld books all black / brown dragons were Retconjured to purple."

And here:

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Retconjuration

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/155 ... sts/183910

"When it came time for Rob and company to design the Real World dwagon plushies, the total number of colors initially came to seven. Pink, red, blue, purple, green, yellow, and black. Rob didn't really want to make seven different colors of plushie, because it's an odd number and it just felt like way too many for a set. This led Rob to see if he could get away with dropping one color of dwagon. After looking, Rob found that black (dark brown?) dwagons had only appeared once or twice, and never in combat. Furthermore, he thought black material would look bad with the embroidered eyes. A little while later, in the webcomic The Order of the Stick[2], a dramatic story moment occurred: many, many black dragons (not called dwagons in OOTS) from all over the planet were instantly wiped out by a spell. Rob considers OOTS to be sort of Erfworld's godfather comic; this led him to the conclusion that the same spell must have killed off Erfworld's black dwagons. This prompted Rob to Retconjure all black/brown dwagons to purple for the book printing.[3] (Note that nothing was said about Retconning them in the webcomics, and some readers have reported still finding brown/black dwagons in the book.) "

Wow, haha! What an interesting tidbit of trivia!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:51 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The current update is "V is for Vinny."

It looks to me like the blonde vampire is sporting a prosthetic limb. Does anyone else agree, and has a thing ever appeared in Erfworld before? To my knowledge it hasn't.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:11 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Diodri wrote:
    It looks to me like the blonde vampire is sporting a prosthetic limb.
    That's not a prosthetic limb. She's Dollamancy, Motion without Life. She's probably an actual Doll.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:20 pm 
    The Vinny one is great!! Vinny is great, the doll is great, and the night sky is great.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:58 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yeah, think it's a doll. Pretty cool looking too. Like it better than the other dolls so far a little bit.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "V is for Vinny"

I'm guessing this is a bit of a pre-FAQ Vinny, as I think his signamancy has changed since becoming the prince-consort. What seems strangest to me, however, is the woman on Vinny's left (viewer Right). Isn't that Bunny? One would think she would be more apt to be hanging on Caesar's arm.

Update: I was about to give reasons as to why it might not be wrong (part of the secret, etc), but on further comparisons, I think I was mistaken. I do not believe that is meant to be Bunny. If nothing else, there is no pendant.

Overall, this post may seem worthless, but hopefully someone else has been pondering this and I've helped them. Flip between LIAB 59 and this picture. You'll see the differences. Even allowing for the stylistic shift, they are too different.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Good old Manpower, who gave us the first of our in-jokes.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:41 pm 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    May the Key-lime pie always be with him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:30 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Nice stanley right there

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:22 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    That is definitely the best picture of Stanley drawn yet. He has never looked so badass.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:06 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    Apparently J. J. Abrams is directing the book, now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:31 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    How so?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:06 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Vreejack wrote:

drachefly wrote:
    How so?

A little-known fact* is that the subtitle of "Star Trel: Into Darkness" was intended to leave audiences with the impression that Abrams was going to quit tossing in lens flare effects every five seconds.

*because I just made it up

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    SteveMB wrote:
    Vreejack wrote:

drachefly wrote:
    How so?

A little-known fact* is that the subtitle of "Star Trel: Into Darkness" was intended to leave audiences with the impression that Abrams was going to quit tossing in lens flare effects every five seconds.

*because I just made it up

For those who missed what I was referring to, there were suddenly two panels in a row rife with lens flare effects. They would not have been sequential in the book, so it was likely mostly an accident, unless the artist is experimenting with a new effect. Or just saw Into Darkness.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:43 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I should say , I have been really enjoying the Erfabet.

The rhymes and pictures have done a great job of portraying the characters and aspects that is Erfworld , in just a little bit of space.

Parson's rhyme was awesome.
    Bogroll was defintily the best choice for the #1 spot.
    Stanley with the Arkenhammer was badass.

Having yellow be y though, seems like cheating :p. But there isn't really any better choice. And the rhyme for it was funny.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    A is for Archons... casters? I thought that when Parson talked to Archon it was stated that they are not casters as such, but flying knights with special skills that are accounted as shockamancy blast, or something like that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions