Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:56 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
Yeah, I think the latest update was enough additional information for those to require confirmation before finalization.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:21 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    30Q that the Arkenhammer does not provide lateral movement as of Book 2.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:26 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hey Bladesstorm.
    If you mean that:

"Before book 2 ends, it has beyond the shadow of a doubt been proven, that the hammer grants the lexicon definiton of the word "levitation" (vertical movement only), thus proving that horizontal movement with the hammer is impossible without help"

Then I will take that bet

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Fjord wrote:
    Hey Bladesstorm.
    If you mean that:

"Before book 2 ends, it has beyond the shadow of a doubt been proven, that the hammer grants the lexicon definiton of the word "levitation" (vertical movement only), thus proving that horizontal movement with the hammer is impossible without help"

Yeah, sure. My personal idea is that it allows for drifting rather than true flight, but I'll go along with what you said just for the sake of having the bet in play.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:41 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I wouldn't take that, personally - I suspect we're closing in on the end of book 2, and would want to let it sit longer. But I'll definitely put it up for you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 am 
    My 20 to anyone else's 5 that Charlie wanted Stanley to change the capital.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:00 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    bladestorm wrote:

I'll take that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:25 pm 
    Well, it's looking like my biggest bet is going to go against me...

Good thing it's only 10 q.

How about this, then? My 5 to your 10 says that Parson is either a Findamancer or a Weirdomancer. If he's anything else, you win. If he doesn't have a discipline, no resolution.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:06 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I will bet 10 if I win with 20 if I lose that the scrolls lyrics were romantic/valentines like in nature.
    edit*
    As opposed to say a joke/dirty rhyme.

-The Song of Maybe

Last edited by Shai hulud on Sat May 18, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:19 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    erwaro wrote:
    Well, it's looking like my biggest bet is going to go against me...

Good thing it's only 10 q.

How about this, then? My 5 to your 10 says that Parson is either a Findamancer or a Weirdomancer. If he's anything else, you win. If he doesn't have a discipline, no resolution.

I'll take that.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:08 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Quote:

Hasn't it been explicitly stated that Parson is a Hippiemancer?

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F140.jpg

Or are we assuming Janis lied?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:55 pm 
    GJC wrote:
    Quote:

It's been explicitly claimed that Parson is a Hippiemancer. But indeed, a number of us are assuming Janis lied or was at least using a poetic definition of Hippiemancer ("breaking" the war would seem to be in line with the straightforward goals of Flower Power, for instance).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:52 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    bladestorm wrote:
    Fjord wrote:
    Hey Bladesstorm.
    If you mean that:

Yeah, sure. My personal idea is that it allows for drifting rather than true flight, but I'll go along with what you said just for the sake of having the bet in play.

I will take it with "drifting" too, but should we maybe say before book 3 ends? The current storyline seems to be wrapping up, and it seems quite unlikely that Rob will have a chance/reason to tell us before that happens.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:53 pm 
    bladestorm wrote:

I will take that

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm 
    Since those have been taken, I take it you mean you'd offer the opposites of those bets?

If so, I'll take the first one. I'm pretty sure he can fly properly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 am 
    Doctor Foreman wrote:
    GJC wrote:
    Quote:

It's been explicitly claimed that Parson is a Hippiemancer. But indeed, a number of us are assuming Janis lied or was at least using a poetic definition of Hippiemancer ("breaking" the war would seem to be in line with the straightforward goals of Flower Power, for instance).

Yes. My personal thought is that Janis wasn't lying, just operating under a false assumption. The spell is supposed to find someone to end war, which would obviously be a hippiemancer, right? Although she might have also simply said hippiemancer to calm people down- What's a novice hippiemancer going to do in combat, huh? Regardless, I have my own ideas. About things.

Though I wouldn't be terribly surprised if I was wrong. At this point, I'm hoping that one of my random guesses hits the mark, and it pays off in rep, if not in q.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    mortissimus wrote:
    I want to bet 10Q that Jack is indeed dead as of page 105. Dead, croaked, pushing up daisies, pining for the fjords. No illusion or trickery. In order to make it fair to all those who wants to loose their Quatloos to their grief, I am willing to bet this with up to five different forumites. So five possible bets of 10Q to 10Q on Jacks demise. In order to make sure the bet has an end, for him not to have been croaked on page 105 a live (not decrypted or uncroaked) Jack needs to be shown before the end of book 2.

You offered it up on the reactions page, so I'll take you up. There is far too much to learn from and about Jack to kill him ATM, we still aren't sure the details of his ''trick'' which allowed him access to Jetstone, and the manner of demise was inconsistent with the quality and style of writing associated with the story.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:22 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Excellent.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:40 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Whispri wrote:
    erwaro wrote:
    I will lay out my amateur predictamancy for those who wish to disagree:

10 quatloo says that no casters are involved in stopping the fire. That is, if you bet against me, and a caster is involved in putting out the Spacerock Inferno, you win. Bet concludes when the inferno does. If we don't find out when the inferno dies, or in the immediate aftermath (say, 5 relevant updates), no bet resolution, and not q are exchanged. Parson doesn't count as a caster for the purpose of this bet, obviously. Actually, I'll go ahead and say that you win if you bet against me and Parson does something magical to put out the fire.

As a separate bet, my 10 quatloo to your 20 says that Parson puts out the fire by ordering the city razed. That is, if you bet against me, you win 10 quatloo if the inferno is put out by methods other than the city being ordered razed. I win 20 q if the fire gets put out by the city being ordered razed (it doesn't necessarily have to be Parson who issues the order, though I'd be surprised if it was someone else).

I'll take the first bet.

Whelp, magic was used to put the fire out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 am 
    Yeah, I lost that one. Live and learn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld