Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:43 pm 
This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
I'll wager 5Q that Artemis does not get decrypted by Wanda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:48 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I'll wager 50Q that either Book 0 or Book 2 is finished before 2014. This can be broken down into smaller wagers that add up to 50, so if you only want to do 2-5, that's cool, just get some friends in on the action.

Note: edited to allow for multiple entrants to bet up to a total of 50Q against me.

Last edited by bladestorm on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm 
    And 25Q (to anyone other than drachefly, who has enough quatloo as is, the greedy boop) that Jillian does NOT croak Olive during Book 0.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 pm 
    And I will put 100 to anyone else's 10 that the Arkentools are not tied to a single discipline (e.g. the Arkenpliers are not tied specifically to Croakamancy, but they only do Croakamancy because that's all Wanda has ever really desired to use them for).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:15 pm 
    Here's a bit of an oddball one:

I hereby wager 5 q that, before the beginning of Gobwin Knob's next turn, we will know definitively whether or not there are living Hobgobwins in Spacerock.

Even odds.

The following are clarifications:
    1: We need to know for CERTAIN that either there is at least one living Hobgowin in Spacerock, or for certain that there are none.
    2: Decrypted Hobgowins don't count as living, duh.
    3: This means that just seeing a hobgobwin isn't enough- we need to be told that it is living, or, alternatively, be told that none of the Hobgobwins in Spacerock are living.
    4: If we find out EITHER for certain before the beginning of Gobwin Knob's next turn, I win.
    5: If don't find out either of those things for certain before the beginning of Gobwin Knob's next turn, you win.

I think there's a way to know for certain without necessarily being told, though I won't tell you what it is. Because.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    erwaro wrote:
    Here's a bit of an oddball one:

I hereby wager 5 q that, before the beginning of Gobwin Knob's next turn, we will know definitively whether or not there are living Hobgobwins in Spacerock.

..snip..

I'll take this bet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:11 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Whispri wrote:
    erwaro wrote:
    I will lay out my amateur predictamancy for those who wish to disagree:

10 quatloo says that no casters are involved in stopping the fire. That is, if you bet against me, and a caster is involved in putting out the Spacerock Inferno, you win. Bet concludes when the inferno does. If we don't find out when the inferno dies, or in the immediate aftermath (say, 5 relevant updates), no bet resolution, and not q are exchanged. Parson doesn't count as a caster for the purpose of this bet, obviously. Actually, I'll go ahead and say that you win if you bet against me and Parson does something magical to put out the fire.

As a separate bet, my 10 quatloo to your 20 says that Parson puts out the fire by ordering the city razed. That is, if you bet against me, you win 10 quatloo if the inferno is put out by methods other than the city being ordered razed. I win 20 q if the fire gets put out by the city being ordered razed (it doesn't necessarily have to be Parson who issues the order, though I'd be surprised if it was someone else).

I'll take the first bet.

This wasn't added to the list of active bets.

bladestorm wrote:
    I'll wager 5Q that Artemis does not get decrypted by Wanda.

Okay, I'll bite. *Snap* *Snap*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Yup, missed that one. Thanks for the catch.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    drachefly wrote:
    I bet my 10 to your 5 that Parson's plan doesn't involve changing GK's capitol

Glad no one took that!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:26 am 
    20 q says that Parsons side will be allied with Tramennis' side before we get 10 updates into book 4.

Only if both are living, decryption doesn't count.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 pm 
    Well, looks like I was probably wrong about razing the city- glad no one took that one...

I'm a lot less certain about the lack of caster-y goodness in the putting out of the inferno, too. We'll see, though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:02 pm 
    I'd like to put 13q on the scroll bringing whomever it is used on to Charlescomm's capital. If the scroll is not used by the end of the second book nobody wins.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:02 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Gonna pop my prediction cherry.

I'll bet 10q that Parson casts the Carnymancy scroll on the Gobwin Knob forces currently in Spacerock, allowing him to go barbarian and claim the city to start a new side. I'd like someone to put up 20 against my 10. (I get 20 for a win, you get 10)

I'll bet a further 20q (and give even odds) that if Parson does start a new side, he doesn't rejoin Gobwin Knob after he is out of danger. Joining in formal alliance does not count.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:13 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    WhirdCheese wrote:
    I'd like to put 13q on the scroll bringing whomever it is used on to Charlescomm's capital. If the scroll is not used by the end of the second book nobody wins.
    Hmm... I wouldn't be surprised if you end up right, but I'll take this bet.

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:16 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    bladestorm wrote:
    And I will put 100 to anyone else's 10 that the Arkentools are not tied to a single discipline (e.g. the Arkenpliers are not tied specifically to Croakamancy, but they only do Croakamancy because that's all Wanda has ever really desired to use them for).
    Hmm, I'd take this if it were winnable. How about I risk 10 to your 50, but we consider this bet resolved in my favor if, by the end of book 3, the arkentools are not explicitly shown to be multi-disciplinary.

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:50 am 
    effataigus wrote:
    bladestorm wrote:
    Hmm, I'd take this if it were winnable. How about I risk 10 to your 50, but we consider this bet resolved in my favor if, by the end of book 3, the arkentools are not explicitly shown to be multi-disciplinary.

I'll agree to resolution by the end of Book 3.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:49 am 
    I bet 10q that within one full turn, Stanley is captured.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:05 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I'll take that. Assuming one full turn is the end of RCC's next turn that is?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:11 am 
    Right.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:33 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Lipkin wrote:
    Gonna pop my prediction cherry.

I'll bet 10q that Parson casts the Carnymancy scroll on the Gobwin Knob forces currently in Spacerock, allowing him to go barbarian and claim the city to start a new side. I'd like someone to put up 20 against my 10. (I get 20 for a win, you get 10)

I'll bet a further 20q (and give even odds) that if Parson does start a new side, he doesn't rejoin Gobwin Knob after he is out of danger. Joining in formal alliance does not count.

Withdrawn.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld