Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
It's a random question, I know, which is why I put it here. I assume (not sure if it was ever stated) that Parson entered Erfworld at level 1. I believe it was stated somewhere in Book 2 that Parson is now a level 2 warlord. Sorry I don't have time to cite actual comics, but I'm busy at work. This has just been gnawing at me. When and how did Parson level? The only kill we saw him get was a single wiener-rammer near the very end of the Battle for GK. Dunno if that was enough to level in and of itself, but I would doubt it.

Do we know the mechanics of how experience is dealt? I doubt it's just by killing, or else non-combat mancers like predictamancers would never level. Could experience be given for everyone in the stack when a kill is made? Everyone in the hex? Just wondering if I'm overlooking anything.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:19 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I think he started as a level 2. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

That was way before the weiner-rammer incident. The only thing he had done by this point was the attack-and-withdraw tactic with the dwagons against the seige, and then losing said dwagons over the lake.

It's not unusual for special units to start above level 1. Or if his level is a reflection of his achievements in Stupidworld -- that's just as very sad look at how bleak his life really was to only have experienced enough to make level 2.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:30 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Not really. Training is very, very slow, and probably little of what he did actually counted.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yes, he started at level 2. If you are surprised at that, imagine what Stanley was. He must have expected a warlord with at least level 10.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:26 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Also note that we can't neccessarily be sure he actually IS a level 2. We know that's the bonus he confers, and simply being CWL could grant you a higher bonus than normal. The only thing that ever said he was Lvl 2 was the stupidmeal, which we already know are often incomplete or oversimplified in the info they provide.

It's possible he's level nothing, or it's possible he is a level 2 as a result of his past experience in stupidworld. Or, in a humorous clerical error, Erfworld doesn't have enough zeros to say what level his experience makes him, so he's actually a 2000 but only the 2 shows :p

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:43 pm 
    We can presume he started at level 2 from the Stupid Meal: "1 Chief Warlord, Level 2, Special".

But we don't know what that means, whether he can gain further levels, etc.

Re: the joke above, we know at least double digit levels can be represented; Olive is 12.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    frei wrote:
    We can presume he started at level 2 from the Stupid Meal: "1 Chief Warlord, Level 2, Special".

^fixed that for you with some emphasis, since you seem to have missed my addressing that in my post.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:41 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    I always assumed it was for stupid world experience he had prior to coming to Erfworld. Maybe a fight he got into or high school gym class counting as training or something.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Might be related to him being a Heavy unit. Have we had any examples of Heavies being level 1?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:17 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool
    0beron wrote:
    It's possible he's level nothing, or it's possible he is a level 2 as a result of his past experience in stupidworld. Or, in a humorous clerical error, Erfworld doesn't have enough zeros to say what level his experience makes him, so he's actually a 2000 but only the 2 shows :p

Having dealt with just this sort of thing in spreadsheets, I really like this idea. As the kids say, +1!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld