Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Oh what a tease you are! I was so hoping for the catharsis of Olive's demise this episode.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Hmmm, wonder if Orwell is croaked? The fact he made no more sound (and we never hear about him during the fall of FAQ) isn't a good sign.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Sixty wrote:
    Hmmm, wonder if Orwell is croaked? The fact he made no more sound (and we never hear about him during the fall of FAQ) isn't a good sign.

Jillian just gutted him. I'd say there was a strong probability he croaked. :twisted:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:33 pm 
    peteratjet wrote:
    Jillian just gutted him. I'd say there was a strong probability he croaked. :twisted:

Yes, I'd say Wanda just earned a new fellow.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:35 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Speaking of Wanda, why didn't she help out?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:36 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Jillian needs something to fly on to give chase. But I wonder if Wanda can do anything - uncroak Orwell for instance (which might not be useful). She may or may not be in control of the uncroaked of Haffaton after she changed sides. If she is that will produce a number of options, flying units among them. Could even lead to a big fight between the uncroaked and the living of Haffaton.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    How interesting.

Lookamancers able to cast a blinding spell is interesting. That tells me that Lookamancers may have other perception-altering powers in that regard. Perhaps a Lookamancer can imbue a friendly unit with a buff that gives them improved vision or better veil-popping chances for the turn?

Tells me that another fun thing that might have been done with something like the Eyemancer Table tri-link could be the creation of some kind of True-Seeing Glasses item...

As always, Jack is a clever bastard. Seeing how quick he was before is interesting, and definitely begs the question of how much he's capable of in the present time, after studying the art of bastardry with Parson for so long.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:04 pm 
    Come on Wanda, magic missile that broom.

Looks like the king is getting to see combat, either for the first time or the first time in a very long time.

I wonder how long a high level caster/ruler can last on her purse? Wanda probably has a good idea....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:20 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    With three friendly and accomplished casters, none of them dispelled the effects of the blinding spell. So I guess Erfworld has no general dispell spell. Just noting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:34 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I liked this update. The fight was interesting, as in it was hard to tell what was going ot happen next. Jillians abilites also impressed me. She is perceptive, quick thinking, and reasonably intelligent. If it wasn't for her impatience and thrill seeking attitude she would be a great warlord. I wonder if the fact that she is fated, and can't really die, has something to do with the fact of her tendency to be reckless.

I hope Orwell isn't dead,although it sounds like he is. I would like to know more about what a lookamancer can do.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    mortissimus wrote:
    With three friendly and accomplished casters, none of them dispelled the effects of the blinding spell. So I guess Erfworld has no general dispell spell. Just noting.

Good observation. I wonder if a carnymancer could. Or if a luckamancer could help Jillian shake off the effects of the spell. I healamancer might be able to remove this effect as well.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    General dispel of harmful effects would almost certainly be healomancy. Which means the only person there who could even cast it is Wanda the omnicaster... except, she still doesn't know any healomancy spells, even in present-day stories. No side she's ever been part of had a healomancer, and she's unpopular in the Magic Kingdom.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 pm 
    Sir_Dr_D wrote:
    Good observation. I wonder if a carnymancer could. Or if a luckamancer could help Jillian shake off the effects of the spell. I healamancer might be able to remove this effect as well.

Or it could count as an instantaneous spell that causes some sort of injury. The spell is over, you can't dispel the injury, just heal it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 pm 
    I wouldn't be shocked to learn that they have scrolls from every discipline. They should have a lot of scrolls to trade away after all.

There's probably a lookamancer scroll to cure blindness as well.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:21 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    kefkakrazy wrote:
    How interesting.

Lookamancers able to cast a blinding spell is interesting.

Its possible he just gave Jillian "vision" of something black and useless. She's now seeing the inside of the floor.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:30 pm 
    I'm glad that, for all his foolishness, Banhammer was able to see the seriousness of the situation when Jillian ignored his order.

Or maybe he was just shocked speechless by his daughter's defiance and the death of Orwell (maybe the first death Banhammer's witnessed?).

But I'd like to believe that it's the former!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:47 pm 
    Lamech wrote:
    kefkakrazy wrote:
    How interesting.

Lookamancers able to cast a blinding spell is interesting.

Its possible he just gave Jillian "vision" of something black and useless. She's now seeing the inside of the floor.

Which, for all intents and purposes, would still serve the same purpose. Although, if it were me, I'd give them the vision of traveling through an endless loop of Disney World's "It's a Small World" with lyrics flashing across the center.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:52 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It makes Erfworld sense that Lookamancers can impair the vision of other units. However, that 'touch' range restriction has got to be a killer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:57 pm 
    kefkakrazy wrote:
    How interesting.

Lookamancers able to cast a blinding spell is interesting. That tells me that Lookamancers may have other perception-altering powers in that regard.

I'm begining to wonder just how much overlapt here could actually be between schools of mancy. Look-a-mancers can see the unseen, but can also cause you to see (or maybe just not see) things. Foolamancers can make you see visions; but they get to add in sound, taste, smell, and tactile sensory. Mathamancers can figure the odds of an action being successful, but Predictamancers can give you a yes or no (or an "eventually"). I wonder if maybe the Haffaton guy wasn't on to something; linking up with lots of different castors, and exploring/pushing the bounderies between schools.

To a certain degree, that's what FAQ has been doing all these years, debating the philosphy of theories. Two different approaches tot he same end, one based in actual hands on practice, and the other in debating theory. I wonder just exactly WHERE the hard bounderies actually are.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions