Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 2 – Page 100
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:39 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 100
     Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Why, yes, of course it is.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 pm 
    So Slately changed capitals, thus closing the portal, but is still waiting on Charlie's bounty to promote Tramennis to heir...why the snub, and do we think Tramennis still gets promoted somehow? And will Parson get upstairs to talk to the double king before a) the turn ends and he disappears or b) he perishes in flames?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    No, Tram has already been promoted. Note the giant gem that Slately received via his crown's hatmagic several pages ago, which poofed when he pronounced Tram the heir. I'm not certain exactly what Charlie's part in this was, but it wasn't the money just then.

*no I'm not

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm 
    Right, thanks for the reminder about the gem. Why is Slately contacting Charlie, then?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Chevalier wrote:
    Right, thanks for the reminder about the gem. Why is Slately contacting Charlie, then?
    Because trapping Parson in Jetstone by switching capital sites is Charlie's plan. But we, as readers, know the plan is more likely to benefit Charlie somehow than it is anyone else. So the question is, what is Charlie's plan that he has suckered Slately into going along with by fear mongering on page 89? Still one of my favorite visuals, how Charlie slowly morphed the king to a pawn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:10 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Parson is now focused. Brilliant

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    bah, now that rules Sizemore out. One way to get out of this if this goes to Inferno level is to control the garrison, get Stanley to switch capitals and then let Sizemore and Wanda and Maggie through (assuming none of them have gone back through to GK). That would leave Slately alone outside of his side's capitol with no heir, no casters, no chief warlord, no archons and no dwagon relay to Jetstone (assuming most of the archons and dwagons were used in the attack) - a tempting target for another coup, I believe.

I hope Sylvia gets taken to the woodshed for this. Loved Jack's commentary throughout (e.g. "The Clue reference and "To see the pretty flames?" heh)

There also goes my theory that Sizemore was going to be forced through an enemy's portal thus alienating him further in the GK, having Parson break his word to him and create a bigger rift between them. Now the only way to get Sizemore there on this turn (that I can think of) is to have Stanley switch portals.

Last edited by joosy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    joosy wrote:
    get Slately to switch capitals
    You mean Stanley.

ditto wrote:
    I'm not certain exactly what Charlie's part in this was, but it wasn't the money just then.
    He was waiting for Charlie to give the word. Didn't want to close the portal too soon, right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:15 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Ditto wrote:
    Note the giant gem that Slately received via his crown's hatmagic several pages ago, which poofed when he pronounced Tram the heir. I'm not certain exactly what Charlie's part in this was, but it wasn't the money just then.

I'm pretty sure the money in the hat was the bounty Charlie paid for the archons. I don't know if he was magically bound to keep his word, but he probably would have needed to provide the means to promote Tramennis to heir before Slately would have considered the rest of the risky venture. Plus, Charlie is pretty concerned about his reputation. He would have made good on his bounty promise for that reason alone.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what Charlie's role is in what's going on now. Does Slately need Charlie before he can switch capitols for some reason? Maybe for more money? Maybe Charlie was waiting to make sure Parson was actually through the portal before contacting Slately. Don't want to trigger the trap too early, after all.

I certainly wouldn't put it past Charlie to double-cross Slately and just leave him hanging. But I get the feeling he still plans to use Slately for something. Otherwise, it'd be easier to just ignore his call rather than answer and tell him to "please hold".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:28 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Jillian has yet to make a reappearance.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Heh. Nice subtle sound effect on the portal, there. Didn't notice it the first time.

"WASS" - which, Google tells me, means "We Are So Screwed".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Not a lot of action in this comic, but it sets up so much for the next few comics in a row, kinda like a calm before a storm.

Charlie still needs Slately for something. The opportunity is too great to not take full advantage of it. Slately is soon regardless of what he does, so he can be completely reckless, and Charlie can push him in any direction needed. Jetstone is not gonna keep this city for another turn. It may go to GK, or it may burn to cinder and ash.

side thought though... could Ace make some flame resistant clothing that would grant the fire resistant ability? A firefighter outfit and use the LFN golems as mobile firetrucks Flintstone style?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm 
    This user has been published!
    "itsa twap!"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:22 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    The Shadow wrote:
    Heh. Nice subtle sound effect on the portal, there. Didn't notice it the first time.

"WASS" - which, Google tells me, means "We Are So Screwed".

The graphic for the portal closing is a heart monitor flat-lining. WASS could also represent the sound effect of the alarm noise when a patient's heart rate goes to zero.

Translation: And now you're dead.

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 pm 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    When did he switch the capital?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    joosy wrote:
    bah, now that rules Sizemore out.

And more importantly, WANDA. As I mentioned quite some time ago, without Wanda there in the aftermath, this battle could prove a crippling blow to GK because it'd be the first that they are unable to replenish the army with Decrypted.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    the_tick_rules wrote:
    When did he switch the capital?

My take on this is that the discussion between Charlie and Slately takes place while Parson is still in the MK. "Please hold".

Once Charlie gets word that Parson has moved, he initiates a thinka-text-message -- "Now"

And that to extenuate the "WASS", Rob chose not to stretch it out and show it scene-by-scene.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I liked the Clue reference in 7. I like the larger panels too.

For a while now I've wished that we would get some BIG panels however, with people and objects drawn LARGE, maybe even using up most of the page, but divided very thinly right through the art, so the words can still be ordered sequentially. This is the only thing that Jamie did "better" than Xin, though I suspect it had a lot to do with the reduced narrative density, and the sloppier, faster tone of his art.

Grats on page 100.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 pm 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    Maybe. I wonder what he was calling Charlie to do? Wasn't switching the portal site the end of the plan?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions