Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 am 
Has collected at least one unit
Oh, also:

I'll bet 10q to someone else's 5q that Jillian croaks Olive Branch after the latter becomes Overlady of Haffaton.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:22 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I haven't incorporated the latest pool into the totals yet, but I will when I have more uninterrupted time so I don't screw it up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:41 pm 
    Nnelg wrote:
    Oh, also:

I'll bet 10q to someone else's 5q that Jillian croaks Olive Branch after the latter becomes Overlady of Haffaton.

Hmm, I think you're probably right, but make that 15 to 5 and you've got yourself a taker!

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:03 pm 
    effataigus wrote:
    Nnelg wrote:
    Oh, also:

Hmm, I think you're probably right, but make that 15 to 5 and you've got yourself a taker!

Sorry, I'm not going that high. :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Nnelg wrote:
    Oh, also:

I'll take it. It will probably consume the last of my free quatloo, so no pool bonuses from me if we decide to go with another round of next named caster.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:38 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    1 - Findamancer
    2 - Predictamancer (claimed by effataigus)
    3 - Mathemancer
    4 - Turnamancer (claimed by Nnelg)
    5 - Dollamancer
    6 - Weirdomancer (claimed by drachefly)
    7 - Dirtamancer
    8 - Changemancer (claimed by effataigus)
    9 - Dittomancer
    10 - Lookamancer (claimed by bladestorm)
    11 - Thinkamancer (claimed by Whispri)
    12 - Foolamancer
    13 - Florist
    14 - Signamancer
    15 - Date-a-mancer
    16 - Shockamancer (claimed by Whispri)
    17 - Croakamancer
    18 - Hat Magician
    19 - Carnymancer (claimed by drachefly)
    20 - Rhyme-o-mancer
    21 - Luckamancer
    22 - Healomancer
    23 - Moneymancer (claimed by bladestorm)

Total Pot - 19 (9 bids + 10 from bladestorm)(+3 pending from effataigus)[/quote]
    So, Whispri +20 (pot of 19, less his 2 initial bid, plus the remaining 3 from effataigus)
    effataigus -5
    bladestorm -12
    drachefly -2
    Nnelg -1

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 pm 
    Couple of options at this point. We can renew our pool for when Parson exits the portal. We can reset the next named caster pool, without my bonus 10. We could also start up a different pool for who is gonna be the next named person croaked/dusted.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I think there are few enough options left on Parson x Portal that it's not worth holding a pool over.

Offer whatever pool you want, really...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm 
    Next pool! 1Q buyin for once choice. 24 hour lapse between buyins, just like with the next magic user to be named.

Who is going to croak next*?

Olive Branch
    Overlady Judy
    King Banhammer
    Queen Jillian Zamussels
    Duncan Scone
    Stanley the Tool
    Sizemore Rockwell
    Maggie
    Jack Snipe
    Wanda Firebaugh
    Lady Sylvia Lazarus
    K.C.
    Ansom
    Ford (Ranger)
    Captain Twenty
    Parson Gotti
    Zhopa
    Vurp
    Mung
    King Dickie
    Captain Overpants
    Prince Sammy
    King Slately 2.0 (aka Clonely)
    Prince Tramennis
    Duke Adam Antium
    Duke Lacrosse
    Captain Price
    Countess Artemis
    Cubbins
    Ace Hardware
    Lloyd
    Pierce
    Janis
    Ken
    Jeftichew
    Bowie
    Spenser
    Uhura
    Marie Lavraie
    Hubble
    Duke Nozzle
    Don King
    Bunny
    Vinny Doombats
    Caesar Borgata
    Al Frappacino
    Dewy Tulips
    Leather Valese
    Benjamin
    Wrigley
    Charlie
    Adderall Hawk
    Betsy Murgatroyd
    Labeler
    Moothfott
    Orwell
    Rusty Trombone

*'Next' implying temporal relativity to the original posting of this pool, whether it is in Book 0 or Book 2. If the character is already croaked in Book 2, but still very much alive in Book 0, the bid is for when they croak in Book 0. If Jillian gets notified that some of the casters died when Haffaton assaulted FAQ, that doesn't count since the assault was depicted as prior to this posting (we just have not had the body count for that assault, and it may be all a ruse anyway. Olive could have used a Lookamancy spell to spy on Faq, saw those plants and used Flower Power to grow her own version). And we need actual depiction/confirmation of the croaking -- no presumed dead. Because it can be difficult to have such proof in this comic, we can let this roll until we have that proof. We had no proof that Cubbins was dead, but some of us assumed he was. So, if someone had bet on Cubbins, and someone else had bet on Slately, whoever bet on Slately would have won, since it was confirmed that Slately's body lay in state upon yon rooftop. Ossomer dusting, Archer dusting, Overlord Firebaugh promoting Wanda and then the entire Side ending, Bogroll leveling twice from killing Ansom, Bogroll being dismembered and burned, Bea entering the portal and the entire Side ending, Ossomer getting stabbed by Sylvia (who leveled) and becoming decrypted, and Stanely's statement of "Manpower bit it at Warchalking. I need to to uncroak him" all count as confirmation. When Jillian wakes up as a barbarian, that's confirmation that Banhammer has croaked. Several presumed dead Spacerock personnel are included on the chance of decryption and dusting. In an event such as the volcano trap, special rulings ill need to take place, since literally everyone involved died at the exact same time. List was compiled from the wiki page, so if that's still wrong, someone with more wiki-savvy than me needs to fix while I update this post (unless there's a chance of them showing up as decrypted, in which case them getting dusted counts).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:05 pm 
    Judy. DOOOOM.

By the way, we might want to split these rapid-fire pools off into their own thread. They'd share quatloo count, but not load the main thread up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 pm 
    drachefly wrote:
    Judy. DOOOOM.

By the way, we might want to split these rapid-fire pools off into their own thread. They'd share quatloo count, but not load the main thread up.

Split off.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Whelp, he's through the Portal, so all bets relating to that are now decided.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 pm 
    Yeah, I'm going through and handling those now... done!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:02 am 
    I'm facing a fiscal cliff!

~~~~
    Oberon (Oh) wagers Bladestorm 20 quatloos that Jetstone does not fall this day. (see original post for details on definition of 'day')
    ~~~~
    Oberon (Oh) wagers Bladestorm 20 quatloos that Parson and at least but not limited to Wanda do pass through the Jetstone portal. This does not have to be together, but it will be this day.
    ~~~~

Jetstone is much more likely to fall now that Parson (and Jack!) is through the portal. But there's still time for Tram to get to Spacerock and save the side for at least another day.

Wanda didn't go through with Parson and it doesn't look like she'll be allowed to. I felt sure that the battle wasn't winnable without Wanda's decrypted bonus.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:38 pm 
    Salem wrote:
    Ardmore W. Jeepers wrote:
    Just thinking after browsing the archives...

Jack's explanation to Ansom of how to capture a leader unit that's being heavily protected: http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -11-14.jpg

"It's quite a smart tactic... I was at hand when someone smarter than you invented it"

I wonder if this is where he sees it invented?

He MEANT Parson. He really really really really meant Parson. The alternative involves a rusty trombone.

I bet 10q, even odds, he didn't mean Parson.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 pm 
    10Q that Olive beds King Banhammer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:37 am 
    bladestorm wrote:
    Accepted, if you'll accept a time limit of say, 3 turns. I don't want to take bets that require the end of the entire Inner Peace book to resolve...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 am 
    Oberon wrote:
    bladestorm wrote:
    Accepted, if you'll accept a time limit of say, 3 turns. I don't want to take bets that require the end of the entire Inner Peace book to resolve...

How about definitively by Episode 63? If they get on the buds, we may have no means of telling how many turns pass.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:53 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Whispri wrote:
    Sixty wrote:
    I'll bet someone 10q that Jillian's yellow dwagon gets converted by Stanley when he attacks. If it dies before then or something else happens to it, the other person wins.

I'll take that bet.

So yeah, the Dwagon's long gone at this point... I don't mind waiting per se, but what reason is there to think the Dwagon will ever be seen or heard of again?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:47 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Hey Drachefly, my quatloo total is wrong. Sure, I lost 50q, but it has since been December and January, so I should have 20 more. I should have -30q, not -50.

That was almost a win for me. Xin *could* have been sane and taken the holidays off! grumble brumble grumble.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld