Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
True there was speculation and predictions, but this is an outright confirmation.

Suitesned wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps, rather than waiting for Judy to die, Olive gets killed anyway. After all, Olive is <i>effectively</i> the ruler, in all but name. Thus, she could be called the "ruler" being, as she is, the one who rules. That way, the croaking can come much sooner. It would be nice to see. How it would be explained to the audience is a mystery, though.

I agree with Smurfton here. Olive is already ruling Haffaton. She stated she wasn't going to end turn which I thought only the ruler could do. Judy may be the ruler, but Olive is ruling Judy. Everyone in Erfworld is constantly misinterpreting predictions anyway. Ruler meaning "the action" rather than "the position" seems very plausible.

Other units can end the turn. Ansom was able to delegate turn ending to a subordinate way back in book one. I bet it needs to be delegated from the ruler, or maybe a chief, though. No convincing a random piker to end the turn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 pm 
    Quote:
    Other units can end the turn. Ansom was able to delegate turn ending to a subordinate way back in book one. I bet it needs to be delegated from the ruler, or maybe a chief, though. No convincing a random piker to end the turn.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Well, Olive appears to have been delegated that responsibility (and just about everything else). Still, Jillian croaking Olive and letting Judy live would still fulfill the prediction in my opinion.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:13 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Suitesned wrote:
    ...Jillian croaking Olive and letting Judy live would still fulfill the prediction in my opinion.

She's fated to croak the "Ruler of Haffaton." It seems to me that Olive is the ruler of Haffaton and Judy is the Ruler of Haffaton... but then again, I'm awful at capitalization... so it might be ambiguous or the capital "R" might just be what Wanda or Jillian assumed.

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:08 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    This might be important
    Quote:
    In her current dream, she was
    floating in greenness, trying to
    stay hidden from the shapes
    that lurked, the voices that called
    out and sang and swore at her.
    But in the flat, dull world of
    reality, she simply followed the
    Croakamancer up another set of
    stairs.
    Olive said Faq forces are in battlespace. Does Faq have a Thinkamancer? Or could it be that her sense of reality is slipping and those hidden things are Jacks Foolamancy, hiding Faq forces? We know Jack can do audio hallucinations as well as visual... So, Olive putting crown of thorns on Jill means that she can finally see whos really there. Cracpot theory I kinda like.

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    According to IPTSF Text 30, no, no thinkamancers.

Quote:
    All of Faq’s casters were there, in their humble matching robes. Servants waited in the shadows with teacups and sweetmeats.

She recognized the slender Add Hawk [mathamancer], standing right next to big Brother Orwell the Lookamancer. There was Marie LaVraie, the Predictamancer, and Sister Betsy Murgatroyd the Healomancer. The Signamancer, Brother Labeler, stood beside Jack Snipe, their indispensable Foolamancer. Moothfott the Moneymancer stood at the right hand of King Banhammer, of course. Even the lowly and disfavored Shockmancer, Rusty Trombone, was standing off to one side.

Might be natural thinkamancy from the King or something, though. *shrugs*

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:49 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Something interesting I thought of: If Ace does end up getting captured and turned to GK, will the return of those spy mannequins be possible? After all, GK does have a Thinkamancer (Maggie) and Wanda may remember them, but may need a link and a Dollmancer to provide the know-how.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Unlikely for narrative reasons, IMO - it would probably be more interesting for the story for them to move on to new things, so that's what Rob would have them do.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:42 am 
    Man in the Mists wrote:
    Something interesting I thought of: If Ace does end up getting captured and turned to GK, will the return of those spy mannequins be possible? After all, GK does have a Thinkamancer (Maggie) and Wanda may remember them, but may need a link and a Dollmancer to provide the know-how.

Too many things can happen... i hope to see Parson starts his own side with Cubbin and Ace as caster. plus of course one of the Great Thinkamancer from the MK

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 am 
    Morni wrote:
    Man in the Mists wrote:

Too many things can happen... i hope to see Parson starts his own side with Cubbin and Ace as caster. plus of course one of the Great Thinkamancer from the MK

Hamster's the current chief warlord of GK, which grants him a massive loyalty boost on top of the one created by the summoning spell. He wasn't willing to surrender when he had his back against the wall against an overwhelming army in a crumbling city. Even now he's advancing to the frontlines by risking the wrath of the magic kingdom, to support GK or die trying.

So out of curiosity, what exactly makes you think Hamster would even consider starting his own side now?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:54 am 
    oslecamo2_temp wrote:
    So out of curiosity, what exactly makes you think Hamster would even consider starting his own side now?

If Stanley dies, all bets are off. I don't think Parson will start his own side, but...

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:57 am 
    oslecamo2_temp wrote:
    Morni wrote:
    Man in the Mists wrote:

Hamster's the current chief warlord of GK, which grants him a massive loyalty boost on top of the one created by the summoning spell. He wasn't willing to surrender when he had his back against the wall against an overwhelming army in a crumbling city. Even now he's advancing to the frontlines by risking the wrath of the magic kingdom, to support GK or die trying.

Because it would be fun.. and it's a story everything can happen :p

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:57 pm 
    oslecamo2_temp wrote:

Only Zeno could call what Parson's been doing "advancing".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:25 pm 
    Twitter: AmadoOhland
    YouTube: AmadoSings
    John Campbell wrote:
    Only Zeno could call what Parson's been doing "advancing".

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first says "gimme a beer." The second, "I'll take 1/2 a beer"; the third, "I'll take 1/4 of a beer"; the fourth, "I'll take 1/8 of a beer."

The bartender cuts them off, "Stop. You're all idiots..." and pours them two beers.

I want that third beer!

My thing is improvised a cappella music. My latest album is on BandCamp—listen for free! Or if you're inclined to spread the crowdfunding love, https://www.patreon.com/amado ...donating 5¢/song amounts to just $1/month, so, I'm cheap and easy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:56 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    oslecamo2_temp wrote:

While I can't see Parson starting a new Side (I don't see 'heir designate' on his resume), Charlie's plan involves trapping Parson in Spacerock, presumably to face an attack that is intended to be overwhelming. Having Wanda refound her Side would reopen the portal and allow the appointment of a Chief Warlord of higher level. It may also allow them a Turn before Charlie's.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:22 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Except all their casters are in the magic kingdom... so spell defenses will be undirected...

Also still not so sure Olive is going to die...

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    On second thought, I get the feeling that GK would need a Lookamancer in order to make the spy mannequins. Too bad they don't have one...anymore. :cry:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:07 am 
    No one in particular wrote:
    According to IPTSF Text 30, no, no thinkamancers.
    Might be natural thinkamancy from the King or something, though. *shrugs*

Or a caster casting outside their discipline (I'd vote Jack).

That said, I don't think the jester in Jillian's mind is a mental projection from a FAQ caster.

-Az

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:10 pm 
    effataigus wrote:
    She's fated to croak the "Ruler of Haffaton." It seems to me that Olive is the ruler of Haffaton and Judy is the Ruler of Haffaton... but then again, I'm awful at capitalization... so it might be ambiguous or the capital "R" might just be what Wanda or Jillian assumed.
    Or perhaps Maxwell created a fourth living doll out of a ruler... Yeah, that's the ticket.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:48 pm 
    Oberon wrote:
    effataigus wrote:
    Or perhaps Maxwell created a fourth living doll out of a ruler... Yeah, that's the ticket.

Heart; brain; courage; and evenly spaced markings every 1 mm, inch, and cm... no entity is complete without 'em.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions