Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:12 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    I think the scarecrow, the emerald city, Judy, the slippers, and the heart/courage/brain talk is a reference to something, but I just can't quite place what...

While there wasn't much new for us obsessed in here, I think that this update will help those that read it after it is complete keep up with Olive's motives.

Also, Maxwell is now one of my favorite characters... sounds like it would have been a good time to be a caster when he was around.

Ack, first! *gives teary-eyed Oscars speech*

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Maxwell sounds like a rapist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:30 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    James Clerk Maxwell?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:33 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Now if only Wanda knew a spell that could banish Judy back to her homeworld...

It's hard to see how Wanda could have had a better life by turning earlier. Less miserable possibly. Maybe she could have believed a lie had things turned out differently at Kiloton?

I really like that Wanda curtsied without a skirt. And while holding hands no less. I'm not being sarky or anything, I really like that.

Urf wrote:

Yeah. I mean, when has Wanda ever shown an interest in males?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:16 am 
    Her sexual preference is hardly the issue. He abuses his magical discipline by forcing drug-addled orgies. Using linkups to investigate the blur between schools of magic is one thing, but the way Wanda describes it, it sounds squicky.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:24 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Urf wrote:
    Her sexual preference is hardly the issue. He abuses his magical discipline by forcing drug-addled orgies. Using linkups to investigate the blur between schools of magic is one thing, but the way Wanda describes it, it sounds squicky.

Right, but people can go into those things willingly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 am 
    Nah, Maxwell sounds more like a cult leader. Or the head of one of those hippie communes from the 60s where everyone did drugs and had orgies. But I can't pin down his reference. The wizard in the Wizard of Oz was named Oscar Diggs, and even the grandiose string of names he gives himself doesn't include "Maxwell". Must be regarding something else

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:00 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    zbeeblebrox wrote:
    Nah, Maxwell sounds more like a cult leader. Or the head of one of those hippie communes from the 60s where everyone did drugs and had orgies. But I can't pin down his reference. The wizard in the Wizard of Oz was named Oscar Diggs, and even the grandiose string of names he gives himself doesn't include "Maxwell". Must be regarding something else

I found a conspiracy theorist Jordan Maxwell who claimed that the Biblical manna from heaven were psychedelic mushrooms.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The man who enables great thinking and has a substance issue?
    Sounds like Maxwell House to me. I bet a hot dollar it turns out he limps too. Always energetic. Has a burro. The list goes on.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So, we have learned a lot during this update. First, you can do thinkamancy while drugged or drunk. Second, you can kill yourself that way.

Then, there are effects of trimancer links:
    dirtamancer + croakamancer sans volcano equals tombstones

turnamancer + croakamancer equals turnamancy torture chamber

turnamancer + florist equals heroine flowers

florist +croakamancer or dirtamancer equals straw golems (did haffaton ever have dollamancer?) and probably tannenbaum production from trees.

Could the sex of the casters have anything with it? Male thinkamancer joining two female casters seems to make more useful things than male joining male and female... Even gobwin knob linkups had both yxx combinations, as compared as xyx of Haffaton's extremely useful combinations.

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 am 
    So I just typed it in for kicks, and learned something new

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Maxwell

Mainly that his longest running role was the unseen radio announcer in Gilligan's Island who often interacted with the island inhabitants despite not being present. So, would it be possible? No, not within the timeline as provided. Is it still interesting how easy a possible connection could be made? I thought so.

I'm interested who or what this Maxwell is actually supposed to be referencing, but at the same time, he's already dead, so does it really matter?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:01 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    youngstormlord wrote:
    dirtamancer + croakamancer sans volcano equals tombstones
    turnamancer + croakamancer equals turnamancy torture chamber
    turnamancer + florist equals heroine flowers

This is in the comic, true.

youngstormlord wrote:
    florist +croakamancer or dirtamancer equals straw golems (did haffaton ever have dollamancer?) and probably tannenbaum production from trees.

This is not. First of all, Haffaton certainly had a Dollamancer, Barton (they had Tina Turner, so maybe it's "Dolly Barton"). Barton was the one who shared Maya Kalenda's prediction with Wanda. Some thought that was a typo but I think some predictamancers should have the sense not to share predictions with the ones supposed to fulfill them.

Anyway, we saw Olive creating a Tanenbaum out of a tree on the spot, and Sizemore created mud golems without needing to link up. We have strong reason to think it only takes a plain old Dollamancer to make a scarecrow unit (Transylvito had them).

It could of course be that Judy's straw golem was special, but then I don't think it was made by Haffaton casters.

What I'm a bit worried about story-wise is that three-caster links are cheapened a bit. When Stanley ordered it, it was supposed to be a brilliant but dangerous move- and it was, killing Misty eventually. Maybe Maxwell was master-class unlike adept-class Maggie, but still... when drunk?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:14 am 
    I think youre spot on Remonis... as for fitting the timeframe, well we dont know how many turns Jillian has been captive for, let alone how long ago maxwell was lost... Me? Id put money on Maxwell being Charlie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    peteratjet wrote:
    James Clerk Maxwell?

Interesting parallels there.
    Uniting formerly separate branches of physics (electricity, magnetism, optics) into a common theory.
    Exploring (and extending?) Thinkamancy through other disciplines.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:19 am 
    Is Wanda exaggerating when she says it's inevitable that she will croak from the heroine buds eventually? If so, is she somehow cured by the time of the main story, or is she still on a ticking clock?

-Az

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:31 am 
    Urf wrote:
    Sounds more like Timothy Leary to me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:36 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Anyone else notice that Judy appears to be wearing something on her ankle in the illustration? Looks like one of those bracelet things they put on minor villians to track movement/enforce probation rules to my eye.

What do you think?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 am 
    Azukar wrote:
    Is Wanda exaggerating when she says it's inevitable that she will croak from the heroine buds eventually? If so, is she somehow cured by the time of the main story, or is she still on a ticking clock?

Well she hasn't been seen with one of the damn things on her head during the Gobwin Knob era, so I'm bettin' she's cured by then. Healomancy is a thing after all.

udat wrote:
    Anyone else notice that Judy appears to be wearing something on her ankle in the illustration? Looks like one of those bracelet things they put on minor villians to track movement/enforce probation rules to my eye.

What do you think?

That is a magical item, it was spoken of back in episode 51 and is indeed a tracking device.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:14 am 
    So I feel like an idiot for only just realizing that another Wizard of Oz parallel is that Olive is the Witch because the Wicked Witch was green, and "olive" is a shade of green.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions