Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:53 pm 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
This is definitely one of those funny updates that are awesome in the long run but in the short term leave more questions than answers!

Another interesting thing - a unit can promote to Ruler even while a prisoner. So this maybe adds more to the previous discussions about whether or not Wanda is still an "heir" - she may in fact still be a "ruler" type unit, even if she is on another side at the time.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 pm 
    Radagast wrote:
    Another interesting thing - a unit can promote to Ruler even while a prisoner. So this maybe adds more to the previous discussions about whether or not Wanda is still an "heir" - she may in fact still be a "ruler" type unit, even if she is on another side at the time.

I think it must do.

When Wanda decrypted Asomer, he became a Gobwin Knob unit, yet retained some connection to his royal linage as Parson suggested the entire side might turn if the King was killed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So Jillian saw a future event , and now she's seeing higher dimensional "hexes" and matrix code. Is she... temporarily gaining Hocus Pocus senses?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Radagast wrote:
    This is definitely one of those funny updates that are awesome in the long run but in the short term leave more questions than answers!

By that logic, Wanda would still be a "ruler" type unit in GK.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:23 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Tathar wrote:
    Radagast wrote:

By that logic, Wanda would still be a "ruler" type unit in GK.

Indeed, this is going to become important soon back in the comic proper I suspect. Also that rulers can belong to another side. Or does capturing a ruler turn the whole side?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:59 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Hmmmm lots of heavy stuff.

I'm interested by what the crown of thorns actually does mechanically speaking, since it must be some kind of magic item like the flowers.

As for the Ruler bit, I think people are reading into it too much in the sense of extrapolating things about Wanda and the like. Jillian simply means that if Banhammer had croaked, she would have noticed becoming a Ruler. What this does tell us however is that a Side's hierarchy remains in place even if they lose all their cities.

This update also showed us a great deal about the relationship between Olive and Wanda....I don't think they ever had the lovey dovey relationship Wanda hoped for when Olive was flirting with her.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    0beron wrote:
    Hmmmm lots of heavy stuff.

I'm interested by what the crown of thorns actually does mechanically speaking, since it must be some kind of magic item like the flowers.

As for the Ruler bit, I think people are reading into it too much in the sense of extrapolating things about Wanda and the like. Jillian simply means that if Banhammer had croaked, she would have noticed becoming a Ruler. What this does tell us however is that a Side's hierarchy remains in place even if they lose all their cities.

This update also showed us a great deal about the relationship between Olive and Wanda....I don't think they ever had the lovey dovey relationship Wanda hoped for when Olive was flirting with her.

The crown could just be a major "causes headache" item... I mean like mega suffering.

Considering that Olive killed the OTHER Firebaugh she had been flirting with... first, I would not be surprised if they never had a lovey-dovey relationship. Second, Wanda probably wouldn't have been interesting, and we do have hints that Wanda's Turning was painful and long.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Radagast wrote:
    Considering that Olive killed the OTHER Firebaugh she had been flirting with... first, I would not be surprised if they never had a lovey-dovey relationship. Second, Wanda probably wouldn't have been interesting, and we do have hints that Wanda's Turning was painful and long.

All good points. I think even after Tommy though, Wanda may have been hoping that finally something good would happen. Hoping totally in vain....but she used to have an optimistic side, so I could understand it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:41 pm 
    Radagast wrote:
    0beron wrote:
    The crown could just be a major "causes headache" item... I mean like mega suffering.

Parson: Do you have a spell for headaches?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 pm 
    I think you left in one too many quotations there Name lips, cus I didn't say that, Rad did in response to my comment.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Hmm.... gonna have to re-read some previous posts for verification. I do not recall if Jillian razed Goodminton, or just claimed it and left. If she just left it, then Faq as a side would have had Faq, Otoh, Kibo, and Goodminton as cities, which should be something that would show up in a Ruler's senses. I also don't recall her sending out coordinates for them to move to before she was captured. I'm also gonna have to look up whether it was specified that Stanley attacked the city of Faq, or just the Side of Faq.

It could be that Jillian sent back the coords for Goodminton, and the entire side resettled there. Wanda... lots of messiness there if that is the case.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:11 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jillian sacking Goodminton:
    "The city I am sacking now will provide the necessary funds." — IPTSF 48

Re: Coordinates
    "We will rendezvous at coordinates I will specify later."— IPTSF 48, shortly before getting captured by Olive.

Stanley vs Faq:
    ""The King of Faq himself," grinned Stanley. "Yeah. It's pretty much over at that point, when you're fighting your own uncroaked ruler, haha! I mean they had an heir somewhere, but he was out in the field somewhere, out of the battlespace. Plus...their Foolamancer wasn't even in the capital. Wanda arranged that, too. We captured him when we razed their other two cities."— LIAB Text 27, describing the attack on Faq the city.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 am 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    That's one evil hippie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 am 
    I think the court is actually on their way to (or near) the Haffaton capital just as Jillian said to it will probably be a slow travel since they probably have low move flyers and have to forage now that the treasury's gone.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:37 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well, well. Olive isn't as serenely in control of everything as it looks. To burn an asset like Wanda because of an I-told-you-so is, well, Stanley-ish. Something has gone seriously wrong for Olive other than just not having finished off FAQ yet.

I Predict that, rather than go south to Transylvito, King Banhammer and FAQ's military have followed a prediction or some other piece of intelligence (lookamancy?) and are about to launch a decapitation strike on the Haffaton capital the way Jillian planned all along.

This bald jester in Jillan's head thing seems to be way too sensible to just be a hallucination. I'm not convinced that even undrugged Jillian would think like that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:41 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Hard to say where the armada is. It probably evacuated to the northwest like stated, but where to after that? They don't know where Haffaton's capital is.

Maybe they went to Goodminton (which Haffaton would never bother rebuilding, of course). Maybe a lookamancer will help them find Haffaton and take it.

BTW, I think if turning is important to Haffaton, that may also be how they subsisted for so long with such a huge empire - they turn and capture lots of units!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 am 
    No one in particular wrote:
    Stanley vs Faq:
    ""The King of Faq himself," grinned Stanley. "Yeah. It's pretty much over at that point, when you're fighting your own uncroaked ruler, haha! I mean they had an heir somewhere, but he was out in the field somewhere, out of the battlespace. Plus...their Foolamancer wasn't even in the capital. Wanda arranged that, too. We captured him when we razed their other two cities."— LIAB Text 27, describing the attack on Faq the city.

"Their foolamancer wasn't even in the capital."

There's a jester that keeps telling Jillian what she should be doing, and gives her a very nice piece of information in this update.
    What's another name for a Jester?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:36 am 
    Shai_hulud wrote:
    So Jillian saw a future event , and now she's seeing higher dimensional "hexes" and matrix code. Is she... temporarily gaining Hocus Pocus senses?

I dunno. I thought it was just a side effect of the powerful Hippiemancy used on her, akin to an acid trip or something. Seeing the boundaries between Reality and Unreality...

Eva wrote:
    Wanda was right about how Jillian would not turn.

Olive will regret throwing the two of them together. Now is when they can join forces.

Also, I thought Tina was the name of the turnamancer Jillian used later herself....

Wasn't it "Vanna"? Not certain about the name, but she didn't look a bit like Tina Turner.

Also, why does Olive say she hopes Wanda will "put you (Jillian) out of my (Olive's) misery"? It's like she needs to control Jillian and/or Wanda at least as badly as they need the flowers. Right now, Life is definitely not conquering all. Death is still resisting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 am 
    This Olive is definitely not a nice person ...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:37 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Mogster2 wrote:
    Also, why does Olive say she hopes Wanda will "put you (Jillian) out of my (Olive's) misery"?

Pretty sure she's still talking to Wanda, and saying she hopes Jillian will get up and "put you(Wanda) out of my misery".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions