Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 027
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:04 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Infidel wrote:
Maybe his being able to see the hex boundry affects whether he can penetrate it or not? When he went to the magic kindgom his glasses were off. So just as the sword originally seemed to empower him, but really controlled him, perhaps the same goes with the glasses.

If that is true, maybe he has to leave them behind when he goes through a boundary.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:21 pm 
    LordDarksea wrote:
    I wonder if Parson's zero move will end up being not all it seems. I keep feeling the reason his stats can't be seen is because he just doesn't have them, so erfworld just applies the obvious to him. learning to cross hex-boundaries may be like learning to swear, just getting the right focus of will. In which case, he may end up crossing boundaries even when its not his turn.

I don't think that is the same; the boob-blockade was something enforced only on parson. Nobody else had to suffer from this. Of course nobody else would have said the cuss-words, but still. The crossing of hexes is different, it is physical constant that applies to every erfworldian, just like the laws of thermodynamics apply to everybody on earth.
    I wonder more, if the movement rule was in force one week ago, when Parson just entered erfworld. Maybe Parson becomes more and more a normal erfworlder, and sometime even his stats will be visible. he even states, that he is feeling almost comfortable there.

The most important thing is what Maggie said: She tries to explore her own capabilities.That is basically the opposite of what Don King said: to him, everybody has a place, and you can't do anything about it. A commoner is a commoner, a royal is a royal, even if she want's to be a barbarian.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:43 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Great he is stuck in the city, I was wishing he could leave the city and have some fun but I guess not. I wonder if Parson is seen as a part of the city and cannot leave it unless ordered to?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:05 pm 
    There is a very convenient stack of 8 sourmanders in the next hex. I think parson will go on a ride with them :)

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:52 pm 
    Didn't Maggie say that the hex boundary provided soft resistance? But Parson seems to have smacked into it. Hard resistance.

Could that mean something, maybe?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:32 pm 
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    he encountered soft resistance and ignored that. the next step ...one most erfworlders wouldn't tempt, is walking head first into a brickwall. just like when you miss those little decals on the glass sliding door and walk headfirst into the glass.

i do wonder if he actually asked stanley to un garrison him for the purpose of his experiment., it seems like even if he could cross the boundary, maggie and sizemore wouldn't have been able to follow. or maybe they were all ungarrisoned and parson really has no move at all.

if that's the case i'm not sure parson can ever leave GK. not even against his will

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:49 pm 
    Even if he has no move, he could, in theory, leave on a mount.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:51 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    moose o death wrote:
    he encountered soft resistance and ignored that. the next step ...one most erfworlders wouldn't tempt, is walking head first into a brickwall. just like when you miss those little decals on the glass sliding door and walk headfirst into the glass.

i do wonder if he actually asked stanley to un garrison him for the purpose of his experiment., it seems like even if he could cross the boundary, maggie and sizemore wouldn't have been able to follow. or maybe they were all ungarrisoned and parson really has no move at all.

if that's the case i'm not sure parson can ever leave GK. not even against his will

Don't mounted units use their mount's move? So they could then dismount and continue under their own, untouched move?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:03 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Spot wrote:
    LordDarksea wrote:
    I wonder if Parson's zero move will end up being not all it seems. I keep feeling the reason his stats can't be seen is because he just doesn't have them, so erfworld just applies the obvious to him. learning to cross hex-boundaries may be like learning to swear, just getting the right focus of will. In which case, he may end up crossing boundaries even when its not his turn.

Best,
    Thom

I think you're on to something there.

(off topic: oh and, hey... are you the Thom I know? Riskaani? One of the wolves?)

many games make mounting and dismounting take a move action. So that might not work.

Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:16 pm 
    Majutsukai wrote:
    Didn't Maggie say that the hex boundary provided soft resistance? But Parson seems to have smacked into it. Hard resistance.

Could that mean something, maybe?

I don't think so, we saw Jillian encounter hard resistance when she tried to catch Stanley after the failed ambush.

I wonder if Parson learning to cross the boundry will be like learning to fly in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy; to do it you've got to to it without realising you've done it. :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:58 pm 
    I'm surprised Parson is willing to laugh at Maggie's joke. Shouldn't he find it difficult to get along with someone he considers responsible for a needless death (that occurred maybe a week ago)? Or is he still thinking of the people around him as game characters?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:13 pm 
    I... don't honestly think he's still hung up on that. Maggie's earned a bit more respect by now, I think.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:33 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yahoo Messenger: quoththesailor@yahoo.com
    AOL: QuothTheRaven10
    After all that lead up, it's kind of funny to have Parson just smack into the barrier. The game mechanics almost seem to follow either the Rule of Funny or the Rule of Cool.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:45 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    JenBurdoo wrote:
    I'm surprised Parson is willing to laugh at Maggie's joke. Shouldn't he find it difficult to get along with someone he considers responsible for a needless death (that occurred maybe a week ago)?

Maybe he thinks "yeah, like I'm in any position to criticize".... That would fit with his response to Maggie's apology.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:31 am 
    For some reason, this update made me think of Maggie/Sizemore pairing. I don't know why, it just pops into my head when I read it.

It does make me wonder about Erfworld's romance mechanics a bit though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Zerohour wrote:
    For some reason, this update made me think of Maggie/Sizemore pairing. I don't know why, it just pops into my head when I read it.

Why do you assume that there are mechanics for it? Erfworld isn't a game.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:43 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Justyn wrote:
    Zerohour wrote:

Why do you assume that there are mechanics for it? Erfworld isn't a game.

Natural Date-a-mancy ;)

Edit: *snickers*
    --The Birds and the Bees of Erfworld--
    "When two units' love stat reaches a certain level, as pre-determined by the DM, they spend some time with each other and 9 turns later a new unit pops sharing some, but not all, of the traits of each of the originating units...."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:20 am 
    Thats what you get for breaking the rules Parson...(*FU!)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 am 
    Jallorn wrote:
    I just realized that it says he runs into the boundary, but not that it stops him. I dunno, maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Never mind.
    It kinda seemed like it stopped him to me:
    "And ran smack into the hex boundary, stopping cold."
    Of course, left open is the possibility of a "just kidding" at the start of the next update. You know, kinda like how the RCC didn't have many units who could dance fight, and the next turn they all could dance fight.
    moose o death wrote:
    good update, i liked this one, especially maggies "you could explode" line. light hearted exchanges like this always make me smile.
    And Maggy is working directly off of a theme that Parson started, when he told her that Ansom might explode.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 am 
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    the words aren't what made me laugh, it was the interchange between the characters. she could have said he'd turn into a frog. or that he'd go bald. or his fingernails would all get painted rainbow. it was that half joking half warning, sure you can try, type retaliation that made me laugh.

i really don't think parson thought there could be an actual punishment, before that moment, that maybe he thought erfworld just wouldn't let it happen. that was probably the first time someone hinted breaking rules could come with punishments.

maggie saying something so extreme. so matter of factly to break his chain of thought so sharply, is excellent comedic timing. nothing is as funny as shattering the heroes confidence just as he gets ready to conquer the world. the second or so mental gears, grinding the gear change in the noisiest crash of teeth. from confident to startled shock. all for a joke. like i said best update yet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions