Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:04 am 
Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Oh, and we also get confirmation that the weather does not in fact change, because this area is still snowy like it was in Goodminton's time.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:31 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I wonder if there would be magical means of changing the weather. Most obvious thing I can think of is a shockamancer link-up creating a storm. Maybe a florist link-up could make it sunshine again?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Eh, it's possible I guess. It might be a facet of the the terrain type tho, and thus only changeable by Titans (or rare links).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:36 pm 
    Makes sense. A slight shame, as I have the image in my head of changing the weather to a storm, even for just 1 turn, in preperation for an on-coming enemy attack. Make the battle a whole new story.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:15 pm 
    Rig the terrain type rules. Make your enemies slip on grass.
    Why not? ^^
    A pity we haven't seen the extent of Carnymancy in the webcomic, though, but so far all magic we have seen is game-changing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:55 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It looks like someone's linked the top of the rules document to what seems like essentially a copy/paste of the magic rules used in other games similar to this, in particular bringing to mind this one.

I have to say, I really didn't think the rules for magic, casting, and juice were well done in that game. It was fun to play with for a while, but the joy of it was in exploiting and breaking the system, not in actually playing the game. Many of the spells were wildly unbalanced, many of the caster types didn't have anything approaching reasonable capabilities either when taken independently or when compared to each other, and the whole thing was full of logic holes and annoyances. I seriously hope that we're not actually going to be using that. If nothing else, if we're using those rules then the upkeep cost of certain caster types should be about tripled from what it is now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:15 pm 
    0beron is in charge of the rules document.

Anyway, what, in particular, do you not like about the way magic is done? Not that I disagree with you; some spells and indeed casters are wildly unbalanced from the others. But having examples helps.
    Perhaps we could re-design magic while we wait for Metheglin to re-appear?
    Though, at least we're not using Vancian casting. That boop is wack.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:22 pm 
    The rules on the "mechanics" of spellcasting (Juice, leveling, ect) are as I understand it Kaed's original work. There was a period of time that someone else had them and changes were made that Kaed didn't like, but he and I have identified those aspects and corrected them, so I believe those are there to stay.

The specific disciplines however are NOT set in stone. The spells are all mere suggestions of what the caster can do, and most of the Juice costs are not accurate. When it comes to magic, you basically tell Kaed what you want to do, and he assigns a juice cost, it's very on-the-fly. The Spells written down are just suggestions.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:29 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Maybe if you get a big enough magic hat, you can send Nalga to someone else...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:33 pm 
    I'm still wondering if someday House will be able to make some kind of healomancy item or artifact ala Team Fortress 2's medic gun. I'm imagining Daphnes leading a charge while being Uber'd.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:33 pm 
    Nalga?
    Anyway, has anyone else noticed that most/all members of the RCC can send each other stuff by using their crowns as sending/receiving hats?
    Is this a 'natural' feature of crowns(or of crowns belonging to sides with side-allies), or do you think Cubbins manufactured them all?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:38 pm 
    Most/all? From what I remember seeing, the only examples we've had were the top hat used in book 1, and Slately's crown in book 2 which I imagine Cubbins connected to Don's crown. I doubt Don's crown was magical, but hat magic worked at range in this respect, like how a thinkagram appears both at the thinkamancer and the target recipient.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:42 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lord of Monies wrote:
    I'm still wondering if someday House will be able to make some kind of healomancy item or artifact ala Team Fortress 2's medic gun. I'm imagining Daphnes leading a charge while being Uber'd.

Perhaps a master-class healomancer of high level will have developed a deep enough understanding of heath point manipulation to cause a units HP to become a static variable for a time... A fixed point in the erfworld matrix, just for a little while...

*buzzes sonic screwdriver*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:51 pm 
    As a spell, sounds like something with a hefty juice cost, even for a masterclass level. Would have to make sure it's a critical point of the battle. Take out a high-power target of interest. I wonder if House is close to being an adept yet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:00 pm 
    Lord of Monies wrote:
    As a spell, sounds like something with a hefty juice cost, even for a masterclass level. Would have to make sure it's a critical point of the battle. Take out a high-power target of interest. I wonder if House is close to being an adept yet.

Sadly, there is no way to judge progress to that. The classes are entirely separate from levels, and function through an epiphany mechanic. (read: plot)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:04 pm 
    Yeah yeah, I know. Still, I have been putting him to work for a few turns now. Though perhaps this isn't enough. Need another thing to come in and help it out to the next stage.

........Sudden thought. If a master-class healomancer could potentially have an uber-charge spell......thinkamancy link-up. Mass uber. :twisted:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:06 pm 
    Lord of Monies wrote:
    Counterpoint.

Don't forget Queen Bea. Though admittedly she used a regular Silk Hat. But it was sent to Don King, and he didn't have Cubbins. Just the crown. Also, Cubbins was not in the room when Slately spoke with Don, and it seems to get anything done, in those regards, you need the caster right there.
    Perhaps Hat Magicians can give Sending Hat features to a crown?
    Also, thoughts on flier height proposal?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:41 pm 
    Nalga, for anyone unfamiliar, is MY stupid Courtier. As Kaed described him, he's like a puppy that wants attention. A really DUMB puppy. His most recent stunt has him a hair's breadth from being disbanded.

As for Hats, I would assume Cubbins made them all, or some other Hat Magician. One of the updates mentions Jetstone and Haggar trading goods, so I assume the Royal sides who were on reasonable terms traded with Jetstone to get Hats. And even if you are enemies, it's even an advantage to have hats so you can arrange surrender terms or the like.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:04 pm 
    Meh. The more I read, the more I want to actually get into the game somehow.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:13 pm 
    Unless one of us drops out, I don't think that's likely sadly. The Titans have enough on their plate with the players they have, me being a good example as I'm waiting on a reply from Kaed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games