Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
Posts: 2521
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Meaning, anyone so far could just pop in this campaign, and if they wanted to be a caster, MarbitChow was good enough to oblige.
Meaning, until MarbitChow gets wise to this, Tenebris has an easy time getting casters thanks to a loophole in recruiting.
Actually, as of The New Batch, I'm rolling to see whether a player can spawn a caster or not - 8 or less on 3d6, with additional modifications if they're selecting a caster type that already exists. Due to the number of casters, the target number is even lower now.

If you lose any casters from this point onward, don't count on replacing them easily.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:55 pm 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
    Posts: 907
    Location: Internets the World of Webs
    MarbitChow wrote:
    The puppies respond in unison, "Casters."

    "That is an awfully steep price for one measly gobwin. Casters don't exactly pop on trees, while to find a gobwin all my side needs to do is clear a cave of say, marbits, then wait...

    Of course, just because we're patient doesn't mean we aren't willing to pay a more reasonable price for a gobwin now.

    _________________
    "The Wizard is Charlie!"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Nnelg wrote:
    Of course, just because we're patient doesn't mean we aren't willing to pay a more reasonable price for a gobwin now.
    The left pup responds, "Then a much more reasonable price it shall be. Casters may be rare, in truth, but soldiers are plentiful."
    The right pup continues, "Send two of your common soldiers forward, and allow them to be struck down by my pets here. Entertain me thus, and I shall release the gobwin to you."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:57 pm 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3229
    Wegio drew his sword. "Stand ready, boys. This is going to get hairy."
    Turning to Regus, Wegio calls "Heads up, boss. This 'ere Marbit's as nutty as a fruitcake. Time to scarper, I reckon."



    (Somehow Wegio has turned into a cockney)

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X Version 3

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:38 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm
    Posts: 316
    Do we have enough units to send them to their cwoaking?

    This sounds like an application. for Regular group doubles!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 pm
    Posts: 181
    yep, though it might just be a trick... still, two wariors for a natural ally... sounds like a good deal.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:06 am 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
    Posts: 907
    Location: Internets the World of Webs
    Nemo responds:
    "I must consult with my comrades. Then we shall see if you shall have your 'entertainment'."
    Then withdraws down the corridor.

    Back at the entrance, he recounts everything that took place, and converses with the others in hushed tones...




    All right. You all heard it, that marbit claims to have a gobwin prisoner. Recovering it would be a great boon to our side, BUT- it is not critical. I wasn't bluffing when I said we could just clear out a cave and wait for one to spawn naturally.

    We must not let it show how badly we want it; for if that crazed puppeteer gets even the slightest impression that we care about its life or death, he'll execute the poor guy in a heartbeat, just to spite us.


    I don't intend to sacrifice two good men for the edification of a maniac who might not even have a gobwin prisoner to release. So, that just leaves us with the question of how to tackle the situation. I see three options:

    1. We wait a turn to heal before going in.
    I don't think this is a good idea, since in the meantime that caster is going to be crafting more golems. Specifically, I expect at least two 'Splody Mice, which will be extremely lethal in such cramped conditions. Also, the odds of the gobwin surviving are slim to none.

    2. Park our archers at the corner with a meat shield, and force them to come to us.
    Again, I disapprove of this course of action, mostly because it won't work. The enemy can just duck around the second corner, and ambush us there if we try to advance. Oh, and again the gobwin's probably toast.

    And so, that brings us to...
    3. Blitz the guard dogs.
    If we all coordinate our efforts perfectly, and move at the same time, we should be able to get everyone to the second corner, pinning the guard dogs in place. With, say, WW riding Melissa, Whump, Anex and Rudy all attacking GD2. Zed-Too guards Melissa, Kilroy to blocking anything from coming up the unrevealed tunnel, Fort debuffing GD1, and Regus and Nemo holding in reserve. With luck(amancy), we may be able to croak GD2 before it even has a chance to attack. We might even be fast enough to save the gobwin.

    And, if worst comes to worst, we can always pull back. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Lolly's bluffing with a pair of deuces here.

    So, any objections?


    Oh, and Marbit, exactly which squares can the Guard dogs see us in?

    _________________
    "The Wizard is Charlie!"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:59 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    bob the 6th wrote:
    yep, though it might just be a trick... still, two wariors for a natural ally... sounds like a good deal.



    Thus spake the archer... :twisted:

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:12 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Anex pipes up "Don't you think this information is valuable to Tenebris, in and of, itself ? If it is we have a 4th option. We do not know what forces the dollamancer holds, nor even if he has the gobwin as he claims but the knowledge of his lair is solid and something we should pass on. Not something that should die with us if we have badly miscalculated. We can always be ordered to return to continue the deal. Let the dollamancer know you must speak to your king before you offer over some of his subjects. I'm sure we can forage for wild units on the way back "

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 am 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    Werebiscuit wrote:
    bob the 6th wrote:
    yep, though it might just be a trick... still, two wariors for a natural ally... sounds like a good deal.



    Thus spake the archer... :twisted:


    OOC: lol. I do sometimes indulge in thinking, what would Will do here. My answer is make mince-meat of these two pups in two combat rounds- one, if he's lucky. Which scares me a bit when then considering what dungeon crawlers MarbitChow's planning next. If Will is scary, then T. Coil is an eldritch abomination. Indeed, if T. Coil were here I'd be more worried about enemy thinkamancy./OOC

    Zed-too is coyly looking at the weather and whistling, hoping he doesn't get picked for a suicide mission.

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 am
    Posts: 426
    Whump keeps glancing down the hall, thinking what a wonderful helmet and cape one of those puppies would make.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:16 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Nnelg wrote:
    Oh, and Marbit, exactly which squares can the Guard dogs see us in?
    You think that they can only see you if you're in the L and M rows. Someone *might* be visible in K7, but K8 is definitely out of view.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:29 pm 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
    Posts: 907
    Location: Internets the World of Webs
    Werebiscuit wrote:
    Anex pipes up "Don't you think this information is valuable to Tenebris, in and of, itself ? If it is we have a 4th option. We do not know what forces the dollamancer holds, nor even if he has the gobwin as he claims but the knowledge of his lair is solid and something we should pass on. Not something that should die with us if we have badly miscalculated. We can always be ordered to return to continue the deal. Let the dollamancer know you must speak to your king before you offer over some of his subjects. I'm sure we can forage for wild units on the way back "

    I'm certain that loony wouldn't honor the terms of any such agreement, even if he'd make him. Go up and ask if you will, but I guarantee you he'll demand we fulfill his request now.

    On second thought, don't go up; we need the element of surprise. At the moment he's probably not ready to execute the gobwin, and those Guard Dogs might not have orders to attack as soon as someone moves adjacent. Even talking to him could change either.

    Anyways, there are plenty of other reasons why leaving's a bad idea. I highly doubt that Lolly will remain here, now that this lair has been discovered. He's also likely to execute the gobwin just for fun. And last, but certainly not least, he'll be crafting golems every turn, while our side can ill afford every unit that's sent to us instad of the front lines.

    The absolute last thing we need is for a second front to open up in the north. We need to deal with Lolly now, while he's still weak. Even if not for the gobwin, now would be the time to strike.


    MarbitChow wrote:
    Nnelg wrote:
    Oh, and Marbit, exactly which squares can the Guard dogs see us in?
    You think that they can only see you if you're in the L and M rows. Someone *might* be visible in K7, but K8 is definitely out of view.

    Spoiler: show
    Our scouting report, for reference:
    Image

    So then, here is my plan. We carefully and silently stack up like so:
    Code:
    ╤═╤═╤═╤═╤═╤═╤═╝
    │ │R│Y│Z│M│M│W│
    ┼─┼─┼─┼─┼─┼─┼─┼─
    │N│F│A│K│M│M│ │
    ╧═╧═╧═╧═╧═╧═╧═╧═
    W: Whump
    M: Melissa (Wegio mounted)
    Z: Zed2 (Guarding & Interposing Melissa)
    K: Kilroy
    A: Anex (Supporting Rudy)
    Y: Rudy Eye (Coordinating -but not Supporting- Anex)
    R: Regus
    N: Nemo (still veiled from Parley)
    F: Fort

    (Fort boosts Melissa and WW beforehand, saving his last two juice for debuffs).

    On Phase 10, with everyone dodging with delayed moves and actions, the following orders are enacted:

    Whump: Move to N13 and strike GD2.
    Melissa/WW: Move to L-M/12-13 and strike GD2.
    Kilroy: Move to O12, shout "Killlrooooy...", and prepare to strike anyone who tries to sneak by.
    Zed2: Move to N12.
    Rudy: Move to L11 and fire at GD2.
    Anex: Move to L10 and fire at GD2.
    Fort: Move to M9 and cast Lesser Curse on GD1.

    Nemo: Move to M8 shout down the tunnel:
    "You wanted entertainment, yes? Well, I've decided to be generous and give you more than just two units to play with! They do like to horseplay, though, so if things get to rough for you just cry 'Uncle'!"


    This might be a bit overkill, (I haven't had enough time to do the math) but there's a chance those Guard dogs don't have orders to attack anyone who comes adjacent. So, it'll definitely be worth it if we can croak one before it has a chance to strike. The specific way everyone's positioned also leaves K8-L9-M10-M11-N12 open for Regus to advance or everyone else to retreat, as needed.

    _________________
    "The Wizard is Charlie!"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Sounds like a plan. :D I'll leave this until Sat. morning to allow enough time for other players to respond (and give me time to resolve The Original Series), and will execute these orders as written unless any players object.

    Note that since you've all essentially hired on to Tenebris, Nemo is now considered the ranking officer in the hex, so his orders will be treated like Tod's (Swodaems) are in the other thread for the current scenario.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:27 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    OOC: let's do this!/OOC

    Zed-too prepares to guard Melissa. "All right. We are so dead right now." *mutters* "If we somehow get out of this, I'm applying for a safer job, like dwagon tamer."

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3229
    Wegio girds his loins, and approaches the kitty. "I certainly hope I'm not allergic."

    OOC - Let's give it a shot. You only live vicariously through forum games dozens of times.

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X Version 3

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:51 pm 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
    Posts: 907
    Location: Internets the World of Webs
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Note that since you've all essentially hired on to Tenebris, Nemo is now considered the ranking officer in the hex, so his orders will be treated like Tod's (Swodaems) are in the other thread for the current scenario.

    Heh, well I can't say I disapprove of this honor.

    Oh, and I forgot to delare that everyone except Nemo and Fort is in a single stack.

    _________________
    "The Wizard is Charlie!"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:52 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm
    Posts: 808
    Nnelg wrote:
    Kilroy: Move to O12, shout "Killlrooooy...", and prepare to strike anyone who tries to sneak by.


    Kilroy finds this proposal inexplicably amusing, but sure. If possible, I'll both Dodge and Block while waiting to strike anyone walking by.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:38 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 pm
    Posts: 181
    ok, the golem has 42 hp...
    with Rudy buffing her, anexa is hitting 11+2d6, so 18ish... so 24, rudy is 2d6-1 so 6 ish, or 18
    add melisa is swinging for 2d6+1, so 8ish, or 10
    weigo and wump should drop it, leaving killroy, reguss, nemo, and Zed 2. total 14ish....

    most of the way down, another round and it drops. only gets one swing, and it is a cursed swing...

    I do like this plan anyways.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 am
    Posts: 426
    Whump grins, batting one oversized fist into the palm of his other hand. "Whump ready for smashies."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: