Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Goodminton?!?!

I think we have confirmation now that Erfworld has seasons.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:59 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Man, Jillian never learns. Haffaton cities aren't undefended.

And what's with the trees? Oh. Tannenbaums.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Wow. Testament to the quality of the story that I got an "oh crap" moment when it turned out the city was Goodminton. That Haffaton left it untouched suggests that the battle wasn't too long ago, but that Jillian has never heard of it says that it's been a long, long time since Goodminton collapsed.

Can't believe we have to wait a whole week for the next update; this is torturous...

-Az

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    This also means that a Strike force could have reached Goodminton from Faq in the time between Wanda meeting the Faq Casters in the Magick Kingdom and Goodminton's destruction.

Another question is, has Haffaton's Capital been moved since Goodminton's fall, or was Jillian tricked somehow?

ftl wrote:

And what's with the trees? Oh. Tannenbaums.

Boopin' right- and this isn't just any two, this is a Capital Site.

Last edited by Whispri on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:09 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    Annnd the pedobear returns, as the Voice of God promised!

Interesting revelation: Dwagons can level. It probably has been implied before, at least that dwagons can be of different levels, but I can't recall. I wonder if all critters can level.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 am 
    The part of this update I liked best is that we now have confrimation that, in relation to Gobwin Knob and indeed Spacerock, Wanda's popplace is far over the Minty Mountains Cold.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 am 
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Confirmation that Yellow Dwagons have a finite about of battlecrap, which makes sense both biologically and tactically considering that other ranged units seem to have limited ammo.

I sort of wonder what happens to the yellow dwagon, if she gets it back to FAQ there is a possibility that Stanley nabs it when he shows up, the hammer makes any dwagon loyal to him right? Highly highly unlikely, but I sorta wonder if it is possible that it is Banana or something. Would be humorous if Jillian recognized it sometime, though I guess it would have to be one of the dwagons that went with Stanley to the pass and assuming Jillian would have recognized it I guess she would have then.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The signs of battle are...interesting. The fact that it is a level 2 means Haffaton razed and rebuilt it, so why would there be a recent battle? Especially one in which Haffaton units seemed to be on the offensive rather than defensive? Something is definitely fishy here....

Also interesting to get confirmation that city sites "come" with the name and it doesn't change when they are razed and rebuilt. Well, unless Haffaton let Wanda name it.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Haffaton is sodding ENORMOUS if Jillian can be crossing it ON DRAGONBACK all these turns and with another 12 turns to go to reach FAQ.

So now we know where Goodminton is... and despite how long ago the battle must have been, Wanda (and Olive, if she lives) have preserved an entire city as a grave. Not an undefended grave (Jillian seems to have no sense of danger whatsoever) but still... not an efficient city.

I wonder if Haffaton's sheer size is causing it to rot and implode, unable to afford to maintain and repair everything. Forcefed so many cities it chokes on them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    0beron wrote:
    The signs of battle are...interesting. The fact that it is a level 2 means Haffaton razed and rebuilt it

Just means it got a lot of stuff destroyed during the battle. I don't recall seeing anything that precludes a damaged city losing levels. It doesn't have to get volcano'd.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 am 
    Whispri wrote:
    This also means that a Strike force could have reached Goodminton from Faq in the time between Wanda meeting the Faq Casters in the Magick Kingdom and Goodminton's destruction.

But Jillian would know about Goodminton if FAQ had been involved in hitting it, and clearly she doesn't.

Quote:
    Another question is, has Haffaton's Capital been moved since Goodminton's fall, or was Jillian tricked somehow?

Goodminton is a capital site, not Haffaton's Capital. We know that some city sites are designated capital sites and only these can be capitals. That's the key to Charlie and Slately's current plan.. because Spacerock is built on a long-ago captured capital site, and they are able to move the capital back to the city of Jetstone, the original capital site of that side.

I don't think we saw Haffaton's Capital before Goodminton's fall. The city where Wanda met Olive was not the capital.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 am 
    Whispri wrote:
    The part of this update I liked best is that we now have confrimation that, in relation to Gobwin Knob and indeed Spacerock, Wanda's popplace is far over the Minty Mountains Cold.

Do we have a rough map as to where Gobwin Knob is? My first thought on seeing that Goodminton is in the mountains about a dozen turns by dragon from FAQ was actually that Goodminton IS Gobwin Knob (which would make these events and Jillian and Wanda a bit older than they appear to be).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    vintermann wrote:

I'm drawing a blank. When was the bear mentioned previously?

vintermann wrote:
    Interesting revelation: Dwagons can level. It probably has been implied before, at least that dwagons can be of different levels, but I can't recall.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -04-03.png

Wanda gives the following orders: "Restack," she told Ossomer. "Give K.C. an interceptor stack of blues and pinks. You, Sylvia, Jack... with me. Remount them on top dwagons by hits, disregarding color and level. Fill us out to max with top Archons, but leave one with Leadership with the rest in a single stack. Go."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    http://zork.wikia.com/wiki/Christmas_Tree_Monster

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:36 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    Avic wrote:
    vintermann wrote:

I'm drawing a blank. When was the bear mentioned previously?

Early in Inner Peace(TSF), when Wanda wandered through Goodminton, it was mentioned that they even had a "wild pedobear". Some people decided to take offense at even the mention of that meme, and got into an argument with the author on Google+. Balder was angry, responded by closing comments on his Google+ announcement threads and said something to the effect of "just wait until you see the second part of that joke". I thought he had decided against it since Goodminton fell and nothing more was said of the bear, but here it is :D Evidence that Jillian coming upon Goodminton on her escape from Haffaton was planned for quite a while, so it's probably real important for the story.

vintermann wrote:
    Interesting revelation: Dwagons can level. It probably has been implied before, at least that dwagons can be of different levels, but I can't recall.

Avic wrote:
    http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/?px=%2F2010-04-03.png

Wanda gives the following orders: "Restack," she told Ossomer. "Give K.C. an interceptor stack of blues and pinks. You, Sylvia, Jack... with me. Remount them on top dwagons by hits, disregarding color and level. Fill us out to max with top Archons, but leave one with Leadership with the rest in a single stack. Go."

Yeah, that implies Dwagons can be of different levels, but not that they could gain levels through combat. There are plenty of monsters in D&D-like games which can have a variable number of "hit dice" (or whatever), but don't gain experience like characters (after all, how much can a neo-otyugh learn from experience? And some creatures that could conceivably learn, like dragons, gain power with age instead).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:32 am 
    Arky wrote:
    Just means it got a lot of stuff destroyed during the battle. I don't recall seeing anything that precludes a damaged city losing levels. It doesn't have to get volcano'd.

After Sizemore had collapsed everything he said they were a level 1, so we know damage makes a city lose levels.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:42 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    At first i was confused at why Jillian would try and take the city, but i had forgotten that taking a city would end her fugitive status
    The dwagon may offer her a great deal more of an advantage, but ten or so more tens like that might be risky in and of itself... so trying to take the city might be worth the risk if its easy enough

ftl wrote:

Yes they are... the fact that jillian could conceivably take the city with just herself and one dwagon shows they are under-defended.
    However, Haffaton tries to make up for this detail by leaving traps, but those traps are a far cry from what real defenses would look like. Jillian however needs to be quick about her business; Take the city, raze it and then bolt out.

Heh, it seems that jillian may end up being the one that wipes out what remains of wanda's home.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:27 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Jillian is currently sharing her turn with Haffaton. So if she does manage to take the city, would she still be able to leave, or would she be stuck in the city with her Move dropped to 0?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:34 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    MonteCristo wrote:
    ftl wrote:
    Yes they are... the fact that Jillian could conceivably take the city with just herself and one dwagon shows they are under-defended.

Remember that we're using JILLIAN'S definition of "conceivably". That really doesn't mean anything about how defended the city is, it just means that from the outside, she didn't see any units at all (including the Tannenbums standing in plain view in the Courtyard...)

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions