Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
Fair game. So, you're saying, say, my 20q to your 10q that that doesn't happen? I'll take that. No offer to continue in any fashion from Charlie, afterwards.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Frosted wrote:
    I have a prediction, but it concerns the end of the book so it may be beyond the scope of this thread.
    Spoiler: show
    The series will end with Parson back in StupidWorld. He will receive some form of electronic communication from Charlie to the effect of "GG. Game 2?"

I'd go 2:1 on it.

drachefly wrote:
    Fair game. So, you're saying, say, my 20q to your 10q that that doesn't happen? I'll take that. No offer to continue in any fashion from Charlie, afterwards.

Ah, could we start a betting pool or something? I'd like to bet 10q in favor.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Umm, All right. I'll put 20 against.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:09 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I'd like to bet 10q that Ace defects from Jetstone voluntarily (is not turned by magic or decryption) by the end of book 2. Any takers?

What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:54 am 
    You're on.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:22 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    I'll bet someone 10q that Jillian's yellow dwagon gets converted by Stanley when he attacks. If it dies before then or something else happens to it, the other person wins.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Sixty wrote:
    I'll bet someone 10q that Jillian's yellow dwagon gets converted by Stanley when he attacks. If it dies before then or something else happens to it, the other person wins.

I'll take that bet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I am willing to put up 20q that GK gets attacked before they can next end turn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:43 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    bladestorm wrote:

The city itself or any of their forces? Because the sides about to be attacked by Slately leading the Jetstonion forces to their croaks.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:40 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Lamech wrote:
    bladestorm wrote:

The city itself or any of their forces? Because the sides about to be attacked by Slately leading the Jetstonion forces to their croaks.

The city. The one that currently has no magic user in it, no CWL in it, and has a nice shiny Arkenhammer in it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:32 pm 
    bladestorm wrote:
    Lamech wrote:
    bladestorm wrote:

The city. The one that currently has no magic user in it, no CWL in it, and has a nice shiny Arkenhammer in it.

Actually, I'll make another bet that's more finite. No combat attacks against any of GK's forces (wherever they may be, MK, GK, SR, wherever) during pages 94 through 99 of Book 2. If they make it to Page 100 with no attacks, 10q for me. If they get attacked any time during those pages, I'll pay out 20q. Bet has to be taken before page 94 is released.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 pm 
    bladestorm wrote:
    Actually, I'll make another bet that's more finite. No combat attacks against any of GK's forces (wherever they may be, MK, GK, SR, wherever) during pages 94 through 99 of Book 2. If they make it to Page 100 with no attacks, 10q for me. If they get attacked any time during those pages, I'll pay out 20q. Bet has to be taken before page 94 is released.

I... suppose I'll take that one. Text updates inclusive I presume?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:43 pm 
    Whispri wrote:
    bladestorm wrote:

I... suppose I'll take that one. Text updates inclusive I presume?

So long as they fall within Book 2, Pages 94 and 99. I believe we can get another 6 pages of build-up, and then mark page 100 with a full page spread of glorious combat. We have Jillian, TV, What's going on back at GK, Charlescomm, Tram leaving, MK, Carnymancers vs Predictamancers, a Cubbins rescue, the entire rest of the RCC II, the Marbits mysteriously replacing the Gobwins near GK, and so much other stuff that can be addressed before then, and it would be rather satisfying to have page 100 be the decisive victory battle. The armies may be amassed and ready to rumble, but Parson has been a hop, a skip, and short jump from that portal for a while now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm 
    I'll wager 20 quatloos that Jetstone does not fall this day. "Day" in this context means that the turns of all involved parties have been taken and ended. I'm not going to speculate as to who will go first on the next day, but in TBFGK it was always Charlescomm, followed by GK, so we should have some solid measure of when the day has ended.

I'll wager 20 quatloos that Parson and at least but not limited to Wanda do pass through the Jetstone portal. This does not have to be together, but it will be within this day as defined above.

Edit:
    I'm still listed as being at 0 quatloos with a 10q bet outstanding. This was the bet:
    "Mrtyuh bet Oberon 10q that un-Tommy will decay until he ceases to exist (as opposed to being destroyed in combat or disbanded,) and this process will be complete before Wanda leaves Goodminton's service."
    I was willing to allow the bet to be called a wash and null, but Mrtyuh insisted that he had lost. So the OP needs to be updated to reflect my winnings and remove the resolved wager. If it's ruled by the bookies that the bet was null, which I won't argue against since I already allowed as much, then the wager still needs to be removed as having been resolved.

Or are you archiving resolved bets in case of a later challenge, which might not be a bad idea? In which case they should be placed under and appropriate header.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 pm 
    I fold on my 10q wager about the effects of Don's personal bat. Don may do something useful with the information that the bat gained, but the air battle is over.

20 quatloos says that by the time Parson gets through that portal, it'll lead to the City of Jetstone instead of Spacerock.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:55 pm 
    Kandarin wrote:
    I fold on my 10q wager about the effects of Don's personal bat. Don may do something useful with the information that the bat gained, but the air battle is over.

20 quatloos says that by the time Parson gets through that portal, it'll lead to the City of Jetstone instead of Spacerock.

I'll take that one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter
    Oberon wrote:
    Edit:
    I'm still listed as being at 0 quatloos with a 10q bet outstanding. This was the bet:
    "Mrtyuh bet Oberon 10q that un-Tommy will decay until he ceases to exist (as opposed to being destroyed in combat or disbanded,) and this process will be complete before Wanda leaves Goodminton's service."

Well, know we know that un-Tommy did not decay til turning to dust, but instead was "disbanded" when Goodminton fell or destroyed when Wanda was captured.

I'll wager 15q that Crapsack dies fighting Haffaton, either in the field or a city controlled by Haffaton (like the capital).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:27 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    memnarch wrote:
    Well, know we know that un-Tommy did not decay til turning to dust, but instead was "disbanded" when Goodminton fell or destroyed when Wanda was captured.

We actually don't know that. Un-Tommy was in her stack, so he didn't disband. And since we don't know what happened next yet, we can't be sure if Wanda went down fighting. So it seems Un-Tommy's fate is still unknown.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter
    0beron wrote:
    memnarch wrote:

We actually don't know that. Un-Tommy was in her stack, so he didn't disband. And since we don't know what happened next yet, we can't be sure if Wanda went down fighting. So it seems Un-Tommy's fate is still unknown.

Hmmm, I suppose that is also a possibility. It doesn't look like he's in the picture on episode 26, but that wouldn't count for much in determining his fate either.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    memnarch wrote:
    It doesn't look like [Un-Tommy] in the picture on episode 26, but that wouldn't count for much in determining his fate either.

I believe he is the one on Wanda's right, in the longer robe. That is the same kind of robe Lord Firebaugh wears, and he seems to be wearing the same thing in this update.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld