Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:34 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
He found a thing and doesn't know what it does.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I assumed as much.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 am 
    Kaed wrote:
    Safaquel wrote:
    Marketing/conman vibe. Carny-/dittomancy would be the simple/natural magical component. But possible applications, the applications...

Of course, there are pyramid schemes in there somewhere.

Be the mercenary side like charlie, only instead of information you trade temporary units (doubles) who have had their lifespan rigged to last a few turned longer.

Well, now that gets me thinking. Thanks!
    So, Shills as a lower-class support unit, Grifters above that... yup, I think this can work. Will show results upon completion, if desired.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:35 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Yeah i'd definitely be curious to see!
    Moneymancy might also be a thing to consider, you can perform financial services and take a percentage, in such a way that they appear to be making a profit from your services, but they could be making a lot more that you're skimming off the top.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am 
    0beron wrote:
    Yeah i'd definitely be curious to see!
    Moneymancy might also be a thing to consider, you can perform financial services and take a percentage, in such a way that they appear to be making a profit from your services, but they could be making a lot more that you're skimming off the top.

I could ditto those shmuckers just as easily, I think.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 am 
    True, but then they'd know how much ur jipping them by. Moneymancy would be easier to conceal the "hidden fees and charges" with, especially with a carnymancer coming in.
    I wonder if Kaed would allow you to have a special D that gets one out of a choice of specials. Not like Archons, which gain another simplemancy with each level, but more like "Loan-sharks. Randomly pop with 1 simplemancy, either Money, Carny, or Ditto, and have only that school."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:57 am 
    Yeah, that's cool.
    Although loan sharks are really more your forte, 0beron.
    But still, rigging the rules for chosen clients, that has some interesting ring to it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 am 
    OMG....KAAAAED! Can the Loan Sharks I just described be a Natural Ally?! Pretty Please!?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 pm 
    0beron wrote:
    OMG....KAAAAED! Can the Loan Sharks I just described be a Natural Ally?! Pretty Please!?

Sharks cannot ally.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:47 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    0beron wrote:

I'll think about it. Also I'm not sure you can double schmuckers. It would be like trying to double something that exists only as a concept. Dittomancy is very much within the element of Matter, and Moneymancy is outside of all elements.

Then again... if you're doing a trimancer linkup with moneymancy and dittomancy, your composite caster can manage spells no single caster could pull off..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:56 pm 
    I agree about the Schmucker/Ditto thing. I think that you could trick the ruler into thinking they had twice the schmuckers perhaps, but they can't be used to buy anything. I suppose you could double a GEM, since it's physical though? That's what I meant when I agreed that Dittomancy could be used in finance.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:19 pm 
    0beron wrote:
    I agree about the Schmucker/Ditto thing. I think that you could trick the ruler into thinking they had twice the schmuckers perhaps, but they can't be used to buy anything. I suppose you could double a GEM, since it's physical though? That's what I meant when I agreed that Dittomancy could be used in finance.

Well yes... Until the gems vanish next turn. Then things would get awkward.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    By which point you've already run dozens of hexes away. Sounds like the perfect con.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:57 pm 
    So. When should I expect to receive my introductory PM?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:27 pm 
    WHAT!?

MY VENGEANCE WILL BE SWIFT!

Follow the link *Waves hand*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 pm 
    Koliup wrote:
    So. When should I expect to receive my introductory PM?

Soon!

The Colonel wrote:
    WHAT!?

MY VENGEANCE WILL BE SWIFT!

Oh dear, looks like we've got trouble ;D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:10 am 
    So, how is the au naturale allies situation going for everyone?
    Also, fun quick trivia question: What would your side dance to in a dance fight? Pop? Rock? Funk? What?
    Also, I'm getting rather worried. No news of anything yet! Have I done something wrong?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:34 am 
    0beron wrote:

Hah, DITTO MY ACCOUNTS!
    Actually,. ditto/carny link would be able to pull of double bookkeeping no trouble.

Actually, any chance of me getting into this game within a week or two? Maybe as a summoned CW? ^^

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:18 am 
    My guess, sincerely doubt it. Anyone else would be extra work that might tip over the threshold of manageable, and nobody has anywhere near enough money for a summon warlord spell.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:27 am 
    Koliup wrote:
    So, how is the au naturale allies situation going for everyone?
    Fantastically, mine are amazing :)
    Koliup wrote:
    Also, fun quick trivia question: What would your side dance to in a dance fight? Pop? Rock? Funk? What?
    We change it up. Techno and cheezy 90's boy-band choreography would be the norm though.
    Koliup wrote:
    Also, I'm getting rather worried. No news of anything yet! Have I done something wrong?
    I doubt it. This game moves slowly....you just learn to deal with it and be happy when something does happen.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games