Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:53 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Hmmm alright. I suppose so. We'll leave it as is. I just had a little panic attack at that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:09 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    That's understandable. So on the related topic of Farms, do you like the 75 Schmucker "rebate" per Farm on the Side's upkeep?

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:22 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Sure, I guess... is that within your little calculation thing?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:29 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Yeah. 75 per turn would be rounding slightly down from the value you get from Mines or Mills. I opted for rounding down because a Farm will keep producing that "rebate" for as long as it stands, whereas Mill is a fixed amount over it's lifespan, and Mine is a random chance that you can't depend on.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:12 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Kaed wrote:
    The problem is I made the rules originally and I tend to make them as I go... sometimes not realizing that others have made rules since. Would you like swamps to be less punishing? We could go with -2, -1, -0 instead of -4, -3, -1

It was less that it's really punishing, and more it seems waaay out of whack with all the other movement costs. Mountains cost 3, Heavy Forests cost 2, and suddenly Swamps cost 5? I'll admit Swamps are a pain to move through, but Mountain navigation is hard too, and bushwacking through Heavy Forest is exhausting, if slightly easier(assuming Heavy Forests are like BC rainforests; filled with undergrowth), if not by much. But, I will state that Swamps being on par with Mountains makes sense.

I'd give input on upgrades, but my Mathamancy juice is all gone for the day.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:41 pm 
    Why would you do that Kaed. I think I know why you did that, but still, why would you do that? You've made me sad now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:10 pm 
    Actually, if it helps, it's not entirely House's fault here. There are other things in play, and when I build a plot the pieces are usually more in depth than they appear...

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/LIAB_32:6

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:33 pm 
    Oh my. Does that mean turn 10 is being entered now?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 pm 
    No, everyone is on the verge of turn 9 now. But I think we've waited long enough. Tomorrow I'm going to set up your starting location and then hand you over to Metheglin for your speed start. With luck you'll reach 10 with everyone else and then things can get more interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:26 pm 
    Roger roger.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:09 pm 
    Oh good, another side to manage/plague/advance rapidly(pick one). I eagerly anticipate making your life interesting, sir.

Unrelatedly, I keep posting these before I'm done writing them and have no idea if it's operator error or some kind of weird bug or a layout flaw.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 pm 
    Metheglin wrote:
    Unrelatedly, I keep posting these before I'm done writing them and have no idea if it's operator error or some kind of weird bug or a layout flaw.

Posting something before you finish writing it? Sounds more like a problem you should take up with the temporal police...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:30 am 
    For some reason, they're on vacation whenever I call them up to complain. Must be one of the job's perks.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:30 am 
    Kaed wrote:
    Actually, if it helps, it's not entirely House's fault here. There are other things in play, and when I build a plot the pieces are usually more in depth than they appear...

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/LIAB_32:6

But...when would...what caused...fool, doll, AND thinkamancy?! Very scared.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 am 
    OK< could any of you people possibly assist me with creating a side of my own? Perhaps, just for fun? I've had an idea.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 am 
    I can help with the units. Only if inspiration strikes......

nope sorry.

Do you have a theme?

Follow the link *Waves hand*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:09 am 
    Marketing/conman vibe. Carny-/dittomancy would be the simple/natural magical component. But possible applications, the applications...

Of course, there are pyramid schemes in there somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:06 am 
    Safaquel wrote:
    Marketing/conman vibe. Carny-/dittomancy would be the simple/natural magical component. But possible applications, the applications...

Of course, there are pyramid schemes in there somewhere.

Be the mercenary side like charlie, only instead of information you trade temporary units (doubles) who have had their lifespan rigged to last a few turned longer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 am 
    Lord of Monies wrote:
    But...when would...what caused...fool, doll, AND thinkamancy?! Very scared.

Wat!? Who has Dollamancy?! I wanted thaaaaaaat :p

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:37 am 
    It's a long story. Probably shouldn't have mentioned anything in the first place, so no more details.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games