Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:04 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 230
The archon's taunting is irrelevant, and simply reflects her glee that Slately is dead and GK is going to take JS. Those were their mission objectives and they were achieved (though more costly than they anticipated due to Kingworld).

The archon didn't give away anything. Slately2 already said he was planning to contact Charlie to get an heir. If Slately2 can appoint an heir, it was going to happen anyway. And if it can't, she's gloating a little before Charlie drags her away.

As for Charlie, I imagine he has another Archon in the area ready to take possession of the captured Archon and transfer funds so Tramennis can be promoted. Then Tramennis, Ace, Lloyd, and Pierce get on whatever unipegataurs they have and head to the next city.

As for Cubbins, I suspect he is going to be captured, and possibly turned. Parson needs a Charlie-proof mode of communication and I think hat magic is exactly what he needs.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:48 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm
    Posts: 924
    wrecan wrote:
    As for Cubbins, I suspect he is going to be captured, and possibly turned. Parson needs a Charlie-proof mode of communication and I think hat magic is exactly what he needs.

    Or Wanda gets to see what happens if you decrypt a caster.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 am 
    User avatar
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
    Posts: 4412
    Location: Morlock Wells
    bladestorm wrote:
    wrecan wrote:
    As for Cubbins, I suspect he is going to be captured, and possibly turned. Parson needs a Charlie-proof mode of communication and I think hat magic is exactly what he needs.
    Or Wanda gets to see what happens if you decrypt a caster.

    Possibly, it depends on what happens to him in the next few pages. If he gets croaked somehow, then he will definitely be decrypted since there is no better alternative. If he gets captured alive though, I still doubt Parson/Stanley will be willing to risk such a valuable caster.

    _________________
    "I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
    GJC wrote:
    Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
    There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm
    Posts: 924
    0beron wrote:
    bladestorm wrote:
    wrecan wrote:
    As for Cubbins, I suspect he is going to be captured, and possibly turned. Parson needs a Charlie-proof mode of communication and I think hat magic is exactly what he needs.
    Or Wanda gets to see what happens if you decrypt a caster.

    Possibly, it depends on what happens to him in the next few pages. If he gets croaked somehow, then he will definitely be decrypted since there is no better alternative. If he gets captured alive though, I still doubt Parson/Stanley will be willing to risk such a valuable caster.

    Parson/Stanley wouldn't, but Wanda would be more than willing to croak him just to satisfy her curiosity. Cubbins better hope he's never left alone in a room with her unsupervised. The further along this story goes, the more of her predatory nature Wanda is revealing.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:50 pm 
    User avatar
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
    Posts: 4412
    Location: Morlock Wells
    Agreed, however Wanda isn't one to defy orders, she just bends them. And given her total devotion to Parson, I sincerely doubt she would go against his position on the matter no matter how predatory she gets.

    _________________
    "I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
    GJC wrote:
    Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
    There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:23 pm
    Posts: 130
    Kreistor wrote:
    Charlie's goal is survival, and screwing Jetstone doesn't achieve that.


    More specifically, isn't Charlie still having difficulty persuading Royal sides he can be trusted? I should think he would be falling over himself to be of entirely honest service to Jetstone right now.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm
    Posts: 924
    0beron wrote:
    Agreed, however Wanda isn't one to defy orders, she just bends them. And given her total devotion to Parson, I sincerely doubt she would go against his position on the matter no matter how predatory she gets.

    Which means she has to be given those orders before she gets on the scene, and leave no room for interpretation.
    "I did the math. We couldn't afford his upkeep. He had to be decrypted.....It was for his own good and the good of our side."

    That aside, if GK gets a Hat Magician, and there is speculation that the fourth tool deals with Hat Magic (I read that somewhere, so I have no idea why that line of reasoning came up), it may be possible that GK could have three of the four known tools... though I am still pulling for Sizemore to attune to the Hammer and fulfill his Rock Star status.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:29 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 pm
    Posts: 986
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    So what's the probable move? Double uses the bounty to promote his reamining son to heir before he depops or whatever happens to doubles?

    _________________
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:36 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 4:28 am
    Posts: 994
    Isn't it strange?
    Feels like I'm lookin' in the mirror.
    What would Jetstone say
    If only they knew that I was

    Part of some Dittomancy thing(ing ing ing)
    Popped to be a carbon copy king(ing ing ing)

    There in the heat of battle, Lloyd cast a spell
    And as I cried for honor I was blasted and fell

    and so I say-

    I think I'm a clone now
    One of me was croaked
    And he's still hanging around
    I think I'm a clone now
    My scepter and crown are just a hand-me-down

    Look at the waaay
    My body's lying on the rooftop
    Heard my son saaay
    Doubles don't leave a body


    I still remember how it began (an an an)
    Lloyd produced a carbon copy man (an an an)

    Popped from a ditto-spell, in the middle of a fight
    I sure hope Charlie isn't calling now, to screw me over all anew.

    So I say-

    I think I'm a clone now
    Check out that body, on the rooftop over there
    I sure hope I can still designate an heir.


    :D

    _________________
    UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.


    Last edited by Kaed on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:42 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm
    Posts: 924
    Jinren wrote:
    More specifically, isn't Charlie still having difficulty persuading Royal sides he can be trusted? I should think he would be falling over himself to be of entirely honest service to Jetstone right now.

    Either the delayed payment, or a small percentage of Jetstone's income over a long series of turns would work well for this. Jetstone gets some immediate help, Charlie's reputation as a businessman of his word stays intact, Charlie gets longterm payment for his services (and possibly residual/passive income), and Royal sides get to see that Charlie will still stand by his contracts even at the expense of not siding with the rest of the Tools. Neutrality in the Tool/Royal conflict, despite being a Toll user her/himself.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:04 pm 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:49 pm
    Posts: 993
    the_tick_rules wrote:
    So what's the probable move? Double uses the bounty to promote his reamining son to heir before he depops or whatever happens to doubles?

    Seems the most likely interpretation of things. These dooders have surprised me before though.

    Interestingly, Slately seems to have just emerged from denial in time for Charlie's call. I'm not sure if going into the bargaining phase of grief is a good or bad thing before dealing with Charlie.

    _________________
    Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 pm
    Posts: 408
    So, last page was to show that Transylvitto and Charlie knew (and that Charlie can listen in on mute little Bunny's mind speak). This page is to show team Jetstone learning and reacting, and to foreshadow how bad Charlie has there side by the boops. What will Charlie make King Jetstone do to insure his side doesn't disappear at end of turn?

    Heh, it's a good story that I'm cheering for all sides.

    _________________
    T'was a splendidly speedy defection.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:19 pm
    Posts: 84
    Is there a function to hold a turn open indefinitely? Time passes, turns end, doubles cease to exist. I'm sure if there was a side out there that didn't want to end their turn in the past, it would have been tried by now. Or is that "lateral thinking"?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 4:28 am
    Posts: 994
    fehler wrote:
    Is there a function to hold a turn open indefinitely? Time passes, turns end, doubles cease to exist. I'm sure if there was a side out there that didn't want to end their turn in the past, it would have been tried by now. Or is that "lateral thinking"?


    Oh my god I hate it when people do that in TBS games. It's like, you're losing, can't you just take it gracefully instead of crossing your arms and refusing to do anything so no one can play anymore?

    You don't really want Jetstone to be That Guy, do you?

    _________________
    UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:49 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    fehler wrote:
    Is there a function to hold a turn open indefinitely? Time passes, turns end, doubles cease to exist. I'm sure if there was a side out there that didn't want to end their turn in the past, it would have been tried by now. Or is that "lateral thinking"?
    There was an in-depth discussion about that very question a while ago. Some argued that the side would automatically end at dusk, others that the units would eventually starve. Since time passes relatively differently within each hex, only the Capital would even notice a turn lasting 'indefinitely'.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:59 pm 
    User avatar
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:27 pm
    Posts: 638
    0beron wrote:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
    Just like I always said, Cubbins IS too cute to croak!!!!! *does a dance all around the office, regardless of how many people look at me funny*


    I have to say I thought Cubbins was killed off partly to prove that the likeable can die. And he gave it his all when he went, so really there should be no encore. For him to have survived even to this extent damages the believability of the story for me.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 pm 
    User avatar
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
    Posts: 4412
    Location: Morlock Wells
    asparagus wrote:
    I have to say I thought Cubbins was killed off partly to prove that the likeable can die. And he gave it his all when he went, so really there should be no encore. For him to have survived even to this extent damages the believability of the story for me.

    Well it has already been stated that falling has essentially random outcomes. Height factors in marginally, but the chance of being croaked, incapacitated, or 100% ok are the same for any fall.

    _________________
    "I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
    GJC wrote:
    Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
    There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm
    Posts: 924
    asparagus wrote:
    0beron wrote:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
    Just like I always said, Cubbins IS too cute to croak!!!!! *does a dance all around the office, regardless of how many people look at me funny*


    I have to say I thought Cubbins was killed off partly to prove that the likeable can die. And he gave it his all when he went, so really there should be no encore. For him to have survived even to this extent damages the believability of the story for me.

    Bogroll covered that one. Besides, Cubbins could just be a longshot to give Jetstone some sort of hope. End of turn, the double depops, incapacitated units croak, and Jetstone goes down. That may also leave Cubbins' corpse until the end of the next turn, so he may get decrypted after all. Or he burns up when the garrison gets torched. Or the weight of the dwagons, since they cannot fly any more, crushes him beneath the rubble. Or Jetstone falls, the capital collapses, but Cubbins is still safe and barbarian under the rubble until Sizemore digs him out looking for anything useful to scavenge. Go looking for some unspent rations or some gems/schuckers, and come up with a caster...

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:29 pm 
    User avatar
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:27 pm
    Posts: 638
    There's also the problem that with a King's double, a chief warlord, and several casters why is Cubbins needed for leadership?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 88
     Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:36 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    asparagus wrote:
    There's also the problem that with a King's double, a chief warlord, and several casters why is Cubbins needed for leadership?
    He's not. But as one of the few remaining units left in the garrison (the main force is in the city right now), if he dies, the garrison falls, and if the garrison falls, all remaining units in the city are auto-captured.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ftl, Google Adsense [Bot], greyknight, Heffenfeffer, Madhattan, PsychoMentats, qualiyah, roadnottaken, Whispri, Xiahou Mao, Zippy the Squirrel and 16 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: