Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 

Post subject: Re: "Deal With It"
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:07 pm 
Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Well when he wastes time on an (albeit simple) .gif just for the sake of giving some of his fans the metaphorical middle finger, it's not really a surprise that he is only able to maintain the current schedule. Like I said earlier....am I disappointed that he apparently wasted time during the hiatus? Yeah. Am I overly upset about it, or even surprised? Not at all.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:23 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Also, I do want to give Rob props for keeping to the schedule he commited to so far, I'm just really surprised he doesn't have a buffer. I think to safely be able to commit to holding a schedule you should have a month's worth of content in the bank. It should also take less than a week to make a week's worth of content, otherwise it's impossible to catch up if something happens to make you fall behind.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:28 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Alucinor wrote:
    Also, I do want to give Rob props for keeping to the schedule he commited to so far, I'm just really surprised he doesn't have a buffer. I think to safely be able to commit to holding a schedule you should have a month's worth of content in the bank. It should also take less than a week to make a week's worth of content, otherwise it's impossible to catch up if something happens to make you fall behind.

If it took less than a week to make a week's worth of content, we'd just end up having more frequent updates, and the same complaints when the (faster) schedule was delayed for whatever reason...

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:28 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    ftl wrote:
    Alucinor wrote:

If it took less than a week to make a week's worth of content, we'd just end up having more frequent updates, and the same complaints when the (faster) schedule was delayed for whatever reason...

If Rob and Xin could take less than a week to produce one comic and one text update, then the smartest thing to do would be to use that time to build up a buffer so that when something goes wrong they could keep updating the comic on the existing schedule. Especially a buffer of text updates, since it seems more likely that Rob could get ahead on the writing than Xin could get ahead on the drawing at the present time (I don't know why Rob didn't get ahead on the writing during the long dark teatime of Erfworld, but that's water under the bridge now).

A lot of the anger at Rob probably could be averted if he wasn't so awful at communication. When your livelihood is based on a website, and you go weeks or months without any indication of what is delaying updates, you are god damn lucky that people still care enough about your website that you have any readers left and should be GRATEFUL (not angry) that they care. This is doubled or tripled when you have taken people's money and not produced yet. Talk about suing Rob is crazy, of course, but people have a right to be irritated. Of course, people who gave money to an Erfworld Kickstarter after the fiasco with Book 1 orders should have known what they are getting into. Rob desperately needs an organisational guy to handle things like books and merch and news updates and advertising con appearances more than a day in advance because he has a long track record of being terrible at it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:05 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Gonna lock this so it doesn't keep floating to the top. I've responded with two long posts in the "our workflow" thread, and discussion can continue there. In general, though, threads about how I am doing my job are going to get deleted.

TL;DR of my responses: I am sorry that some took the .gif as a slam. It was meant to be amusing and useful, not intended as bait. But the assumptions the OP is making about how we work are wildly inaccurate, and his anger at me is misplaced.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld