Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:11 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 pm 
    Worth the wait

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "Fighting the future conqueror of Erfworld is everyone's business."

Heh.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 pm 
    My mind's eye had painted the Lord as more of a burly viking-esque man similar to Tommy. I love the symbol though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:56 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Looks like Goodminton will still be fighting even after they are defeated.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    This update got me thinking. I wonder if Goodminton has considered taking any alternate routs to their likely demise. If Firebough thinks they are going to be defeated, here are some unconventional ideas I could see him having.

1) Firebough disbands Wanda. He would destroy fate with a thought. Even if it would solve any of his problems, it would be a bold way to make a point and it would spite Haffaton at the same time.

2) Send Wanda to the magic kingdom and have her turn to a far off side. Haffaton would have to that much harder to get Wanda under their rule.

3) Send Wanda to the magic kingdom with orders to never go through a portal again. I wonder how something like that would play out.

4) Order all Goodminton units to Turn to Haffaton. Goodminton would still be done for, but at least the kingdom's people would still be around to remember it. I'm not sure a ruler could order himself to turn though, so there is that...

5) Lie. Lie a lot. What's to stop Goodminton from telling them that Wanda is no longer a part of their side even if she really still is? Firebough is great with words, so I'm sure he could think of a good way to be convincing. Could maybe even have Delphie give some new "predictions" based on her increased level.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 am 
    Very Interesting what I want to know is just how is wanda someone specficly going to make haffaton invincible. I wonder if they have a thinkamancer in which case wanda linked with olive may add life to uncroaked units and thus produce living uncroaked units perhaps in an effect similar to decrypting. Though I am sure this is unlikely because Wanda would not have reacted as she did to discovering what the arken pliers let her do if she had accomplished somthing similar through a link. Still I think it is an intersting thought and wonder if it means the pliers contain hippymancy as there primary attribute.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    SteveMB wrote:

Heh.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:03 am 
    I'm still a bit confused on where this is all going. The only idea that comes to mind is that Wanda is a serial backstabber? First for this new side, then for FAQ...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:30 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I'm not saying I agree or disagree with fighting against a perceived universal threat.

I just assumed that a single winner is unavoidable, (history is packed with them) and thus it seems a little odd to use 'lets always attack the most likely winner, f- yeah' as a weird way of reassuring yourself in the face of oblivion.

By the way, from the perspective of strategy gaming, being the strongest nation on the board is often the worst position you can be in, since everyone knows they have to stop everything and kill you, or the game ends. This is confirmed by what we know of the future of Erfworld. Goodminton and Haffaton don't seem to exist anymore.

Edit: Its adorable that the rope tassle looks like a badminton. Firebaugh himself kind of looks like one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:47 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Zeku wrote:
    Edit: Its adorable that the rope tassle looks like a badminton.

It's even better than that: it's a badminton with a halo.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:48 am 
    I just loved the "fighting Erfworld conquerers" part.

Although I'm a bit curious what was Lord firebaugh going to call Haffaton before Wanda interrupted him?

Also Haffaton a patient side wich spawned a Florist or a side which became batient due to their Florist?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:21 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Zeku wrote:
    I'm not saying I agree or disagree with fighting against a perceived universal threat.

I just assumed that a single winner is unavoidable, (history is packed with them) and thus it seems a little odd to use 'lets always attack the most likely winner, f- yeah' as a weird way of reassuring yourself in the face of oblivion.

?!

Name one. Name ONE "universal winner", as in, "world conqueror". It hasn't even been recorded yet. Ever.

Zeku wrote:
    By the way, from the perspective of strategy gaming, being the strongest nation on the board is often the worst position you can be in, since everyone knows they have to stop everything and kill you, or the game ends.

This I can agree with (and it also contradicts the earlier quote). This is true beyond strategy gaming btw. It does happen on Stupidworld as well; Crusading Knights and Saracens allying themselves to push back the Mongols being one example. Not saying that the emergence of an obvious hegemon leads others to ally against it; often, the reaction is to seek subservience. But that is a ploy a less militarily powerful ruler uses to avoid being gobbled up by an empire. If said empire is clearly only interested in territorial conquest, coalition building against it is often the option pursued.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    SteveMB wrote:

Heh.

Lolz

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    He might have meant in a war there tends to eventually be a winner or winners, not just a war that goes on forever (note I say tends to) not necessarily a side that conquers all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:14 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Yeah, you're probably right; it was the context that threw me off though. The Firebaughs were discussing how opposing a would-be world conqueror is everyone's duty, and indeed in strategy gaming, where conquering the whole map may be the goal itself, that's the dynamic. History has had its fair share of would-be world conquerors also, just not any succesful ones.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:34 pm 
    So, has Wanda decided that, since she cannot die until her Fate has been fulfilled, that she has no reason not to go out and FIGHT?

Maybe, in the present day with the Arkenpliers, she has yet to work for Olive. Which would be part of why she still never, for a single moment, fears that she will die.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:55 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Wow scary update as Wanda's father is telling her to screw destiny and anyone who forces her along a path she does not want. So now the question is how long will it take Wanda to screw that side that captures her? Cannot wait for the next update now as Wanda's original side will be near its end.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm 
    What on Erf did Delphie tell Haffaton that would make them think Wanda would render them invincible?

I was expecting something along the lines of the vengeance order, albeit in more of a last wordsy sort of way. You know, by the terms of that Oath, Wanda can stop trying to avenge Tommy once her Father is dead, good news if you're Olive I guess.

If only they were able to take Cities without needing Siege, or to construct Siege in the field, they'd have targets aplenty. Still, hitting Coolminton is pretty much mandatory really, as sitting back and waiting for the hammer is a losing option and it's where the hammer is being built. Only problem is, they may be expecting it. Or worse, depending on it.

PhantomFox wrote:
    I'm still a bit confused on where this is all going. The only idea that comes to mind is that Wanda is a serial backstabber? First for this new side, then for FAQ...

She's just sworn to ensure that her Side's conquerers are conquered in turn. Any steps she takes towards such a goal will just be keeping her word. I do believe that the seeds of Faq's doom have just been sown.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:29 pm 
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    1) Firebough disbands Wanda. He would destroy fate with a thought. Even if it would solve any of his problems, it would be a bold way to make a point and it would spite Haffaton at the same time.

He Could. But he Won't.

Quote:
    2) Send Wanda to the magic kingdom and have her turn to a far off side. Haffaton would have to that much harder to get Wanda under their rule.

Temporary at best.

Quote:
    3) Send Wanda to the magic kingdom with orders to never go through a portal again. I wonder how something like that would play out.

Only works until Wanda is Turned or Goodminton falls.

Quote:
    4) Order all Goodminton units to Turn to Haffaton. Goodminton would still be done for, but at least the kingdom's people would still be around to remember it. I'm not sure a ruler could order himself to turn though, so there is that...

Erfworlders don't seem to care terribly much for their people as such, in general.

Quote:
    5) Lie. Lie a lot. What's to stop Goodminton from telling them that Wanda is no longer a part of their side even if she really still is?

Why would they believe them? And moreover why would that make them stop their conquest? There's no real downside for Haffaton here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions