Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:51 am 
The title says most of it.

When I read the text updates, I find myself wondering what shape the units take, based on their pun-filled names. I have a rough sketch in my head for what a sawhorse looks like, based on what they are IRL--basically, a headless thin wooden construct with four legs. But in real life, a flying buttress isn't anything even remotely resembling a mount you can ride, though the name itself sounds funny. I wonder what one looks like...?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:07 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon!
    A buttress is also a type of root found on trees that live in areas of shallow soul, such as rainforests. They can spread out over a very wide area. So, since we have nothing upon which to base their appearance, I'll make the wild, unsubstaniated guess that Flying Buttresses are tiny Gumps that have really long roots. In flight, those roots move like the tentrils of a jellyfish in motion, pushing it up. Of course, I'm inventing wildly here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:05 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    What if they are like flying butt rests.

:geek:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Kaed wrote:
    What if they are like flying butt rests.

:geek:

*ba-dum-tish*

Or they may well look like this. Well, it's what Google image search suggested anyway.

(Yes it's SFW.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:20 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    BLANDCorporatio wrote:
    *ba-dum-tish*

*ba-dum-tush*, I think.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:34 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Mrtyuh wrote:
    A buttress is also a type of root found on trees that live in areas of shallow soul, such as rainforests. <snip> Of course, I'm inventing wildly here.

I like the invention of rainforests with "shallow soul" ;) Yes, I know what you meant.

As for the Flying Buttresses, why not a stone column, kind of like Ansom's flying carpet only solid? I can imagine troops riding them like extremely thick witches' brooms.

-Az

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:49 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon!
    Azukar wrote:
    I like the invention of rainforests with "shallow soul" ;) Yes, I know what you meant.

As for the Flying Buttresses, why not a stone column, kind of like Ansom's flying carpet only solid? I can imagine troops riding them like extremely thick witches' brooms.

Unfortunately, I've had way too much experience dealing with shallow souls, but never in a rainforest. ;)

Anyway, Ansom's carpet is a magic item, so it can't be croaked. In Episode 20, it specifically refered to the Buttresses as units and to them being croaked. Of course, that doesn't mean they can't look like Ansom's carpet, but they don't function the same way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld