Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Parson Thoughts
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:24 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
If Parson were named Heir Designate, would he, through Duty or Free Will, croak Stanley?

Stanley is obviously a terrible choice for an Overlord, no one can deny that. But would Parson want or feel the need to depose him for the sake of Gobwin Knob?

And would he become the Evil Overlord he jokingly thought Stanley was early on, or would he try to destroy conflict like the Hippymancers think he will?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Parson Thoughts
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:55 pm 
    I'm pretty sure duty is to the ruler not to the side, so he would only croak him if it was for his own desires (even if those desires were the betterment of GK) not due to duty

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:50 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Arguably, Stanley is no worse an overlord than most, actually. I'm not the one making that case, but I've seen it put forth before on the forums.

And from a purely practical standpoint, assuming the duty Parson feels is to GK and not Stanley, it would still be a good idea to keep the rocker around. He's harmless if properly managed, and it's not that hard to "manage" him, while also being useful as an Arkentool-attuned unit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:47 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon!
    Outright killing Stanley would be a bad move simply because Gobwin Knob would lose the use of the Arkenhammer. On the other hand, if Stanley had an heir, it would allow him to take to the field. Stanley is a very effective field unit. It would open up new tactical possibilities if he didn't have to hide in the capital at all times.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld