Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:21 am 
User avatar
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Offline
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 350
New One is up.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:33 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:33 am
    Posts: 435
    Location: Algarve
    I love Wanda, nuf said.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:37 am 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:44 pm
    Posts: 239
    Wanda's more 'love to hate' for me. I consider her as the primary antagonist of the comic. But this entry is definitely a "you go girl!" moment.

    Did Delphie "predict" that her pet Croakamancer wouldn't follow her orders? Or is she dissembling now?

    _________________
    Pride and Predictamancy

    2nd level Dollamancer, currently using my Juice on a Bag of Holding

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm
    Posts: 1042
    teratorn wrote:
    I love Wanda, nuf said.

    Basically: That. She's quite spiffing.

    happyturtle wrote:
    Wanda's more 'love to hate' for me. I consider her as the primary antagonist of the comic. But this entry is definitely a "you go girl!" moment.

    Did Delphie "predict" that her pet Croakamancer wouldn't follow her orders? Or is she dissembling now?

    Antagonist? What does she do, make faces at Parson behind his back? Eh never mind, let us be united in 'her go-ness'.

    Maybe she predicted multiple outcomes? Was hoping for one, knew the risk of the other?

    _________________
    Magicae regnum delenda est.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:31 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:54 pm
    Posts: 428
    Location: R'lyeh
    Too bad all these kind folks will all come to a pointy end (likely at Ansom's hands)

    http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F122.jpg

    _________________
    3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... Actually, forget what I said: A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.


    Last edited by ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:10 pm
    Posts: 80
    Wanda being a cute little sister?

    I SO want to have a picture of that scene!!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 am
    Posts: 109
    teratorn wrote:
    I love Wanda, nuf said.

    Wanda is starting to remind me of Parson here, right down to blurring the lines between caster and warlord roles. Maybe the reason why she believes in Parson so much is because she herself has been shown to be more valuable leadership than her bonus would suggest?

    Also I love this Wanda a lot too. What made her change into such a Fatalist?

    _________________
    My predictions post on the betting thread.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:07 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 5:01 am
    Posts: 192
    ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:
    Too bad all these kind folks will all come to a pointy end (likely at Ansom's hands)

    http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F122.jpg


    Do you want to rephrase that as a bet in the predictions thread? I'm pretty confident Wanda is simply referring to their mutual love interest in that frame.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:25 pm
    Posts: 43
    If you do post that as prediction, it will have my support. The mutual love interest does not seem as much of a big deal for me. Even though Jillian clearly loved Ansom more when she broke the spell, she still cared enough about Wanda to return to her and convince her to leave Stanley. Compare what Ansom lost to what Wanda lost if she was referring to Goodminton. Ansom is angry because she took away part of his army, but he took away her entire family and faction. I think that comment was in fact referring to Ansom wiping out her side.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:39 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:46 am
    Posts: 374
    Location: Tatooine
    So Wanda has always preferd to be on the front lines. Now how will her first battle go, I see her "brother" dieing here and Wanda doing what comes naturally to her. Now why do I feel her popping side will become Charlescomm in the future (just a gut feeling nothing to go on)?

    _________________
    I came, I saw, I had fun!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm
    Posts: 1042
    Tathar wrote:
    teratorn wrote:
    I love Wanda, nuf said.

    Wanda is starting to remind me of Parson here, right down to blurring the lines between caster and warlord roles. Maybe the reason why she believes in Parson so much is because she herself has been shown to be more valuable leadership than her bonus would suggest?

    Also I love this Wanda a lot too. What made her change into such a Fatalist?

    She's always seemed a very martial character. Warlord Wanda indeed.

    At a guess I'd say it's because her side will fall. No matter how hard she fights, or how well she leads, she's going to do battle with Fate and it's going to teach her the agony of total defeat.

    _________________
    Magicae regnum delenda est.


    Last edited by Whispri on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:07 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:01 am
    Posts: 60
    Website: http://www.AmadoMusic.com/
    Twitter: AmadoOhland
    YouTube: AmadoSings
    badninja wrote:
    Now why do I feel her popping side will become Charlescomm in the future (just a gut feeling nothing to go on)?


    I had pretty much the same thought. Cold climate, I think that's what did it. Charles said "no-one south or west of me will take my call" (to the best of my recollection), so he's somewhat north-ish and east-ish of the action in books 1 and 2. And his dish is shown nestled in icy mountains. Could be coincidence, could be interesting plot connections. Time may tell.

    _________________
    My thing is improvised a cappella music. My latest album is on BandCamp—listen for free! Or if you're inclined to spread the crowdfunding love, https://www.patreon.com/amado ...donating 5¢/song amounts to just $1/month, so, I'm cheap and easy.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:32 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:44 pm
    Posts: 239
    Whispri wrote:
    teratorn wrote:
    I love Wanda, nuf said.

    Basically: That. She's quite spiffing.

    happyturtle wrote:
    Wanda's more 'love to hate' for me. I consider her as the primary antagonist of the comic. But this entry is definitely a "you go girl!" moment.

    Did Delphie "predict" that her pet Croakamancer wouldn't follow her orders? Or is she dissembling now?

    Antagonist? What does she do, make faces at Parson behind his back? Eh never mind, let us be united in 'her go-ness'.

    Maybe she predicted multiple outcomes? Was hoping for one, knew the risk of the other?


    I see Wanda as the antagonist, because her Fatalist goals, 'destroy everyone if that's what the Arkentools want' seem opposed to Parson's goal 'Find a way to end the fighting'. She may believe that Parson is Fate's Tool, but Parson doesn't believe that, and he doesn't act based on that. And Wanda also keeps things from Parson, like when she moved Ansom away from the main forces and refused to let him tell Stanley, and later when she gave Sylvia the order to bring down the tower. Intuitively, at least, and probably consciously, she knows that Parson wants things that she does not. See here, panel 10: http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -12-24.jpg

    And, the other reason I see her as the Antagonist, is that the other Sides so far are sympathetic: Jetstone, Faq, Don King (though not Caesar)... heck, even Charlie is someone I find interesting and want to learn more of. Wanda is cold, cruel, selfish, and completely enslaved by her religion. I find her interesting, but I don't find her sympathetic, and I don't want her worldview to be the correct one. I want Parson to find a way to win without her.

    That said, this is the Prequel, and she is not yet a Fatalist. She's not the same woman we see later. For now, she's the protagonist. :)

    _________________
    Pride and Predictamancy

    2nd level Dollamancer, currently using my Juice on a Bag of Holding

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:23 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:22 pm
    Posts: 3
    So I suppose the answer to Parson's question from way back when was yes, yes she was that scary as a child.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:35 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm
    Posts: 1042
    ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:
    Too bad all these kind folks will all come to a pointy end (likely at Ansom's hands)

    http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F122.jpg

    I can easily see Jetstone being involved, but it can't have been Ansom personally, as Wanda destroyed Faq before he was even popped. Judging by this, he can't be much older than five hundred turns. While the fall of Faq has been spoken of in terms of being closer to a thousand turns ago. And that's without thinking about the time she spent serving Faq and Goodminton. Makes you wonder why Wanda and Jillian are lower level than he, but there you go.

    _________________
    Magicae regnum delenda est.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:06 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:59 pm
    Posts: 1075
    Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
    badninja wrote:
    Now why do I feel her popping side will become Charlescomm in the future (just a gut feeling nothing to go on)?


    Charlie lives in a tower in the mountains, with no evidence of constant snowfall. He holds no cities, and the castle is one of the best defended in the world due to its natural terrain. Goodminton isn't even close to that. No, this isn't Charlie's past. We'll never know that. Based on Charlie's Angels, Charlie is a complete unknown, and our Charlie will keep to that.

    _________________
    http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

    http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:51 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm
    Posts: 1042
    Actually, those mountains look pretty snow covered to me.

    happyturtle wrote:
    I see Wanda as the antagonist, because her Fatalist goals, 'destroy everyone if that's what the Arkentools want' seem opposed to Parson's goal 'Find a way to end the fighting'. She may believe that Parson is Fate's Tool, but Parson doesn't believe that, and he doesn't act based on that. And Wanda also keeps things from Parson, like when she moved Ansom away from the main forces and refused to let him tell Stanley, and later when she gave Sylvia the order to bring down the tower. Intuitively, at least, and probably consciously, she knows that Parson wants things that she does not. See here, panel 10: http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -12-24.jpg

    And, the other reason I see her as the Antagonist, is that the other Sides so far are sympathetic: Jetstone, Faq, Don King (though not Caesar)... heck, even Charlie is someone I find interesting and want to learn more of. Wanda is cold, cruel, selfish, and completely enslaved by her religion. I find her interesting, but I don't find her sympathetic, and I don't want her worldview to be the correct one. I want Parson to find a way to win without her.

    That said, this is the Prequel, and she is not yet a Fatalist. She's not the same woman we see later. For now, she's the protagonist. :)

    Yeah, I really don't see what antagonistic about any of that. Even if, for example, leaving Ansom behind was a bad decision, something I'm not convinced of as Haggard and Faq have both been removed from the fighting as a result, that doesn't make her an antagonist, merely someone who's capable of making mistakes. A fool for love if you will. The Tower thing was Jack's idea and could well have worked out fine if not for Maggie. As far as her fatalism goes... what of it? What's so bad about wanting to minimise suffering?

    I'll be blunt: The sides you list as sympathetic are evil, bandit sides led by monsters. The Queen of Faq is a joyful mass murderess who actively hates the idea of living at peace. The Don King and Slately praised the actions of the Demoness Bea, who murdered her own daughter under a flag of truce and comitted genoicide against her own people, rather than accept the favourable peace terms she'd been offered. The Don King's a lunatic who's brought his side to the brink of ruin. Slately attacked Stanley for no reason other than that he's an Overlord. Charlie's a pimp. All of them want war and are neighbours with whom Gobwin knob can't know peace without first defeating. And Wanda's opposing them, that's a mark in her favour. Tell me, what practical difference is there between Wanda and a Paladin with a Holy Sword?

    And that's quite enough of that line/branch/whatever/blah of rant/argument/blah/whatever me'thinks.

    _________________
    Magicae regnum delenda est.


    Last edited by Whispri on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:53 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:37 am
    Posts: 27
    Quote:
    Makes you wonder why Wanda and Jillian are lower level than he, but there you go.


    I think Ansom did most of his leveling against Gobwin Knob. Probably gained a lot of levels against large numbers of poorly managed GK armies.

    http://www.erfworld.com/summer-update-2009-archive/?px=%2FE009_ParsonAndMaggie_600.jpg

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:52 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:46 am
    Posts: 374
    Location: Tatooine
    Kreistor wrote:
    Charlie lives in a tower in the mountains, with no evidence of constant snowfall. He holds no cities, and the castle is one of the best defended in the world due to its natural terrain. Goodminton isn't even close to that. No, this isn't Charlie's past. We'll never know that. Based on Charlie's Angels, Charlie is a complete unknown, and our Charlie will keep to that.


    I am making a guess based off possibility's, Charlie does not half to appear, but him controlling Wanda's original side would be a plot point that can be used. His trademarked unit is expensive and rare. We do not know what Goodminton can pop besides what has already been mentioned. If Charlie gets mentioned as a player I will be wrong but lets not discount a possibility before we have all the facts.

    _________________
    I came, I saw, I had fun!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:24 pm 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:37 am
    Posts: 47
    Whispri wrote:
    Antagonist? What does she do, make faces at Parson behind his back?

    [Tin foil hat on]
    Somewhere about the end of Book 1 I actually had an idea that Wanda may become the major antagonist in the future. She would somehow split off from Stanley and Gobwin Knob (her troops already wear her own livery) and Parson would be Duty-bound to fight her for Stanley. I mean, come on, if Gobwin Knob has got "all the classic evil creatures" on its side, then what would you say about a Necromancer witch with legions of living dead?
    [Tin foil hat off]
    Whispri wrote:
    I'll be blunt: The sides you list as sympathetic are evil, bandit sides led by monsters. <skipped> All of them want war and are neighbours with whom Gobwin knob can't know peace without first defeating. And Wanda's opposing them, that's a mark in her favour. Tell me, what practical difference is there between Wanda and a Paladin with a Holy Sword?

    I agree with you that most sides in this conflict are, in Parson's own words, "just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other". But this does not automatically make somebody fighting against them "good". Ansom and some others seem to have (and propagate) an idea of creating one side in Erfworld and thus stopping all wars. Wands seems to be merely following her Fate, wherever she thinks her Fate leads her. Wanda is as ruthless as (or probably even more ruthless than) pretty much anyone we have seen so far in this story.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Braugi, Eptagon, FlaminCows, Hedonismbot, Noksve, Rhymelark and 4 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: