Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:43 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
Can you constrain the meaning of 'Fight with Charlie' a bit? Do you mean that Charlie is openly fighting for his own sake?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:53 pm 
    I mean an open siege of charlies strong hold, perhaps with a few archon fights before they reach the city.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:12 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Pool: "how many dead thinkamancers are going to end up on the other side of the portal with Parson?"

I guess I'm already exposed on this issue, what with Parson's level, but I'll put 20 quatloos on zero.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I will put 10 on "not more than 2"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:55 am 
    That's not how pools work. Is that 3 each on 0, 1, and 2? 10 on 1?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 pm 
    10 on parson to beat the spread.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:59 pm 
    I, uh, haven't set a spread. You need a bookie to do that. So, let's just say you're offering an independent bet that 2 or fewer dead thinkamancers will be dragged into SR when parson transits. You haven't specified odds, so I'm going to suppose you mean 1:1.

I, on the other hand, will offer an uneven odds bet. If 3 or more thinkamancers end up on the other side of the portal with Parson, dead (in either order - transit and kill or kill and transit), you pay 20. Otherwise, I pay 4. That's 5:1 odds, you get to take the house side.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 am 
    Fair enough.

Personally, with the numbers given and home field advantage on their side vs the protagonist I would put the spread at around .5-1.5.... which is why I put no more than 2 with parson beating the spread.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:44 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    I want to bet some quatloos that Parson will at some point destroy his bracer to keep Charlie from being able to use one or more of his calculations, but I'm less confident about it happening in this book though I still think it has a decent shot of happening.

10 Quatloos on Parson destroying on purpose or hiding from himself (possibly via some thinkamancy help) his bracer by the end of the Book.

Deep down I suspect Parson will lose all 3 of the items he got when he arrived in Erfworld as he eventually stops needing them as a crutch, but I think I'll keep it at that one bet for now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 am 
    I'll take that one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:00 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    10 on Parson sparing non-combatants in the upcoming Jetstone battle, and (or?) ordering his subordinates (including Wanda) to spare non-combatants.

10 more on Slately disbanding the saved units right in front of Parson, with some rationalization or another as to why. (Such as "I can't afford to pay their upkeep.")

Probably moot if Slately flies the coop before GK can really engage. Would that count as a loss or a draw? Is this even a valid bet? :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:02 pm 
    Beeskee wrote:
    10 on Parson sparing non-combatants in the upcoming Jetstone battle, and (or?) ordering his subordinates (including Wanda) to spare non-combatants.
    10 more on Slately disbanding the saved units right in front of Parson, with some rationalization or another as to why. (Such as "I can't afford to pay their upkeep.")
    Probably moot if Slately flies the coop before GK can really engage. Would that count as a loss or a draw? Is this even a valid bet? :D

You first need to define 'noncombatant', because conventional wisdom is that there are no such units.
    You may want to rephrase this as "10 on Parson sparing all captured units instead of croaking and decrypting them".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:25 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    There are units such as courtiers. Also Slately refers (mentally) to one of his subjects as a "peasant girl" - I'm guessing they're in the same category. That's what I meant by non-combatant. A unit which has a 0 attack and 0 defense stat. Or, if that's not possible, a 1 attack and 1 defense stat.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Courtier

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:57 pm 
    Time for me to put up: 100 Quatloos on Charlie being revealed as being behind the unusual Dwagon spawns on the way to FAQ that Stanley capitalized on, as well as the gobwin uprising that killed Saline IV, before the end of Book III.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:53 am 
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Time for me to put up: 100 Quatloos on Charlie being revealed as being behind the unusual Dwagon spawns on the way to FAQ that Stanley capitalized on, as well as the gobwin uprising that killed Saline IV, before the end of Book III.

That bet is a little too rich for my blood, but I'd be willing to accept a lower one.

That said, I'm putting up 10 Quatloos on Queen Bea as the villain behind Saline's croaking and another 10 on the Dwagon encounters being a unintended effect caused by the dwagons instinctively scavenging meat.

Another 20 says Banhammer was already uncroaked by the time Stanley arrived in Faq and that Wanda was trying to stage an elaborate play to fool Jillian.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:29 pm 
    Swodaems wrote:
    [That said, I'm putting up 10 Quatloos on Queen Bea as the villain behind Saline's croaking and another 10 on the Dwagon encounters being a unintended effect caused by the dwagons instinctively scavenging meat.

Another 20 says Banhammer was already uncroaked by the time Stanley arrived in Faq and that Wanda was trying to stage an elaborate play to fool Jillian.

We'll need a time-frame on these revelations. End of book 4, say?

If so, I'll take the Dwagon and Banhammer bets.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:17 pm 
    drachefly wrote:
    Swodaems wrote:
    [That said, I'm putting up 10 Quatloos on Queen Bea as the villain behind Saline's croaking and another 10 on the Dwagon encounters being a unintended effect caused by the dwagons instinctively scavenging meat.

We'll need a time-frame on these revelations. End of book 4, say?

If so, I'll take the Dwagon and Banhammer bets.

Agreed, end of book 4 it is.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:22 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    I'll take the Queen Bea one you mentioned (end of Book 4 as well?).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:28 am 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I bet 10qs Jacks survives till the end.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:36 am 
    Swodaems wrote:
    MarbitChow wrote:

That bet is a little too rich for my blood, but I'd be willing to accept a lower one.

Bet whatever you want against it. :) If others want to bet against it as well, they can take up the remaining amount, up to the original 100.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld