Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:42 am 
i believe the pun was both intended and not intended if you follow me. :lol:
but anywho in response to jioan i think that was the intention all along. we just want to create this very easy to use and balance system for anyone who picks up the system to make their own races (up to DMs to allow the players to use their own races and such just like D&D and all the other RPGs out there) then we'd use the same system to make the base/example races. this then allows easy creation and manipulating of the races and a balanced and dynamic game system.

M

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:04 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Erg. Sorry guys.

Been really busy IRL, not to mention in a slump over some stuff. Haven't updated in a bit. Dreamed on what I needed to write today. Then forgot some of it. Sonova-

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:45 am 
    Unclever title wrote:
    jioan wrote:
    For instance, getting from human to dragon is complicated but getting from dragonborn to dragon is fairy simple.
    Pun intended? :D Even if not it's still funny. Of course I guess that would be hard to get from misspelling...

It was not intended, but I do agree it is funny. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:47 pm 
    Mm. I was questioned about the additional dice progression for battle power, in my game. I'm considering something a bit different: first of all, slowing down the rate at which dice are acquired considerably... to about 8 Battle Power per dice, and it'd become a flat rate instead of a curved progression. Second, have abilities that modify that base 8. For instance: Quick style might decrease the Battle power required per dice.. while tough might lower the cost to purchase battle power, but increase the battle power required for each dice. Adjustments would be retroactive.

Examples.

a 20 BP skilled character might have 2 dice. at 24, he'd get his 3rd.
    a 20 BP quick may have 2 dice, and get his 3rd at 21.. (assuming he's decreased the rate to 7 from 8..) or he'd had 3, if he decreased it to 6.
    A tough character may have more more battle power altogether, and probably a similar amount of dice as the skilled.

I need to keep writing. I need to make things concrete and clarify things. :/

But yeah.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:15 pm 
    im kinda understanding both ways and i think i do prefer this way as well :lol:
    but dude! we need to talk about it more. shame we aren't clashing on msn so much xD

M

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:45 pm 
    To be interesting and unique, I would make humans physically superior to most other races (at least, in terms of strength). Or make it so that all of the other races have shorter lifespans, making humans the "elder race", filling the role that far too many settings default to elves.

I suppose it depends on how much you want to buck tradition.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:45 pm 
    Prometheus wrote:
    To be interesting and unique, I would make humans physically superior to most other races (at least, in terms of strength). Or make it so that all of the other races have shorter lifespans, making humans the "elder race", filling the role that far too many settings default to elves.

I suppose it depends on how much you want to buck tradition.

Heh. I'm shrugging my shoulders on the whole thing of bucking tradition. The high points of my game will be the ability to write spells,(Thats what I'm working on right now.) not nessesarily it's crazy unique setting.. although I might like to have both. <:3

Current points of interest:
    Determining factors on physical and mental strain regen rates, and pool sizes.
    Physical is pretty straight forward, but mental is not so much.

Will HP is going to be a lot like a Will save, except coupled with a barrier of mental hit points to resist charm and fear effects and whatnot. I'm also unsure how I'm going to determine this one. Mm..

Wait. I think I have something.

-- MuthSera

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games