Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 65
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:27 am 
Tachyon wrote:
'kay. So in short your answer is no. I guess there's no point in discussing an educated guess at length if you don't want to entertain it and serve it pie.

And yeah, can I get more tinfoil over here please? XD

Or in other words, you insult what you're incapable of understanding.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:10 am 
    I only asked if you had another theory. To the best of my estimations you were either unwilling or unprepared to offer one. I meant no insult.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:57 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Since old-Ansom would have considered new-Ansom an abomination, I wonder if Charlie assumed that Jillian would dust new-Ansom out of loyalty to the values of old-Ansom. Charlie hasn't had the same face-to-face contact with decrypted units that the units on the scene have had, so he may not realize how vividly alive they are.

effataigus wrote:
    2. Convince Jillian to turn back! It's not clear that Jillian would go back and deal with Wanda even if Ansom were dead... although it does seem marginally more likely that she would go back for better or ill. He may be thinking that Jillian could be bribed to head back into the fray if Ansom were removed from the picture... or would do it for Jetstone's sake.

Maybe he thought that Sammy would appear to be croaking rather than capturing Ansom on his own initiative, and that Jillian would be more favorably inclined toward Jetstone if Haggar were the ones who croaked Ansom.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:12 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
    Maybe he thought that Sammy would appear to be croaking rather than capturing Ansom on his own initiative, and that Jillian would be more favorably inclined toward Jetstone if Haggar were the ones who croaked Ansom.

As good of an explanation as any I had!

Tachyon wrote:
    Panel 5: http://www.erfworld.com/wp-content/uplo ... -09-15.jpg
    You'll recall that Charlie views all of the decrypted as "things", "puppets", whatever. He likely took an identical view of Ansom at the time, and assumed that Jillian did as well.

However he views them (which I don't think we can divine at this time due to Charlie's penchant for double-talk), it is fair to say that he wants at least one archon back alive more than he wants it dead. His words backed up with his money.

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 am 
    Tachyon wrote:
    I only asked if you had another theory. To the best of my estimations you were either unwilling or unprepared to offer one. I meant no insult.

Quote:
    And yeah, can I get more tinfoil over here please? XD

So that's not intended as an insult?

Then, please, expound on the meaning of "tinfoil" in this sentence and how it is not a suggestion your opponent is paranoid and delusional.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:16 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    That part, as used and explained earlier on this page, was addressed to Rob Balder. It is asking for a new update, which we have since received.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions