Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Reactions: Books 1 and 2
 Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:28 pm 
Year of the Dwagon Supporter Has collected at least one unit
So I just got my copies of E:TBfGK and E:MtJ in the mail today -- they look AWESOME! Great job Rob, Jaime, Xin (and... uh who was it that was helping Xin out... President Allosaurus?). I had thought that the text updates and illustrations were not going to be in the book, but they are there in both books.

I am looking forward to the new material (they arrived right as I was leaving for work, so I'll read them tonight.) Not sure where on the forums that discussion of the books and any new tidbits of canon they contain, so I started this thread.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 am 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    lots of people are doing the same thing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:40 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Just got mine too. Beautiful! I didn't imagine the book would be so large, but I'm glad it is. Makes it easier to read!

I love the way the text updates were handled in the second book. Very attractive. I think this is the first half-comic-half-novel I've ever owned. :-)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:44 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    So they're in? Yay! I know of some others who should be really happy to hear that, too... *coughBlandcough*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:09 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Definitely. The text updates are awesome. The books would be so much sadder without them.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:41 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but my first reaction was, "$13.20 to send them via priority mail?!" I appreciate that Rob didn't want us to wait any longer, but I wouldn't have minded some economizing there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:20 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Yep, I heard about the text updates being in. YAY! Now if I would only put my money where my mouth is and buy the damn things. Thing is that postal tax, bummer. I'll look around the shop again the next days and if I can select three items (two of which are the published books) ...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:00 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Text updates in the books? Well there goes my one reason to not get them.

Anyone else in the UK interested in books/want to split the postage costs

Edit: the cost saving on postage are very limited on larger orders ($2.50 less per person to order both books together rather than as two separate) orders.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:25 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Has collected at least one unit
    I've noticed that not all of the Summer Update 2009 text updates are in Book 1. It has up to text update 21, but doesn't go beyond that. They aren't included in Book 2 Issue 1 either (though it has all its text updates from the start of Book 2 to the point where Issue 1 ends). A printing error, a retcon, or something to be included in with a later issue of Book 2?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions