Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:20 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
DentedHead wrote:
I think "claiming" is pretty straight forward. To claim anything, realworld, you pretty much just say "thats mine".

I doubt it is that open. It likely means that you have to do something with the bodies.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:32 pm 
    Ah, the Croaking article. That information should go to the Uncroaked article as well. I had assumed the wiki had no information on the subject when I couldn't find it there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 pm 
    raphfrk wrote:
    DentedHead wrote:
    I think "claiming" is pretty straight forward. To claim anything, realworld, you pretty much just say "thats mine".

I doubt it is that open. It likely means that you have to do something with the bodies.

Why? The distinction "unless claimed or moved" is already made, so clearly you can claim, rather than move (or vice-versa), and claiming is really nothing more than asserting ownership. Seems to me calling "dibs" would be sufficient for "erfworld", and the corpses wouldn't up-pop.

Dent.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:41 am 
    That's the only solution, Dented. If it required physical contact to claim, all of RCC would have de-popped at start of Turn, that is Dawn, on the Turn after the Volcano exploded. With no conflict, all Sides are beginning Turn at Dawn, and so de-popping should have occurred already. There was no possibility of the three Casters moving all of those corpses in that short time frame, so they could only have been claimed. It is the only answer left.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 pm 
    Potentially you must control the hex in order to claim them. Since only Knob forces were in the hex when turn started, Knob forces were able to claim the croaked troops without having to physically move them. If the hex were in someone else's hands, they probably wouldn't be able to claim the corpses there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld