Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:28 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jack is friggin awesome. As usual.

[edit] Frist psot!111oneone(i^4)[/edit]

I can't help but think that pissing off Wanda for no good reason isn't the brightest of ideas when she could croak him at an inopportune moment. Now she's swinging her pliers at him.

But oh how awesome his snark is.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    This is a great update. I completely lost it when I got to the picture though. Antium and Lacrosse are priceless.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:06 am 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Is it just me or is it actually implied that Jack helped at croaking the Court of FAQ?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I think I coughed up some yogurt at Jack's first response.

:-) wrote:
    Is it just me or is it actually implied that Jack helped at croaking the Court of FAQ?

It is implied that he knows what happened there, and considers reminding Wanda a pointed remark... so I would say not so much, no.

We know he got picked up at one of FAQs other cities, anyway.

I also don't think Wanda can just attack him. She's asked and got 'no' for orders when it made more sense than now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:53 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Waiting for Godot, Erfworld style.

He doesn't show up. SPOILER ALERT.

In any case, Jack is great. This is one killing joker.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Not much insight in this update, but a great text very pleasant to read, and as usual a nice picture from Xin.

Interesting to see how Lacrosse and Antium are rationalizing their duty to Wanda in completely different ways :)

Also, it seems to confirm that Wanda is powerful in melee: first we had her blocking blows delivered by Ansom and Ossomer and now she amazes a seasoned warlord with the swiftness of her strikes.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:59 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Take that Fred and Ginger!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    :-) wrote:

Actually according to Stanley, Jack was not in the capital city of Faq at the time. (see http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/?px=%2F2010-07-16.png. )

I think part of what Jack and Wanda were verbally dancing around was Wanda's role in the fall of Faq which, I will bet, Jack is not supposed to know. Or at least, Wanda doesn't want him to know. Jack suspects, apparently - but, as a Foolamancer, the direct approach for him is rarely the preferred option. At the moment the only people who know about Wanda's betrayal are Wanda, Stanley and um.. that larder twoll named Zelda or Zena or something..

I predict a big attitude shift if Jillian ever learns that it was Wanda who betrayed Faq to Stanley. Not that Stanley will now be her love interest, but rather than the loathing will be shared between him and Wanda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:21 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    joosy wrote:
    I predict a big attitude shift if Jillian ever learns that it was Wanda who betrayed Faq to Stanley. Not that Stanley will now be her love interest

And why not? :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    AOL: sentientcheese
    Now admittedly im a UMBC alum.. but thank you for killing off duke lacrosse... could we kill duke basketball next? Ma and sis went to maryland.. and both o my schools have lacrosse teams that hate them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:32 am 
    BLANDCorporatio wrote:
    joosy wrote:
    I predict a big attitude shift if Jillian ever learns that it was Wanda who betrayed Faq to Stanley. Not that Stanley will now be her love interest

And why not? :P

I just threw up in my mouth a lot there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:36 am 
    The image of the portal juxtaposed with the image of the pliers really lends credence wo the "portal network is a TOOL" theory.
    I wonder how the portal network was set up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:41 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    This update confirms what I've been hoping: Jack will live, at least to the end of this book.

Why? Not because he's awesome, no, awesome characters die with distressing frequency in stories such as this. No, it's because he's too narratively valuable to die. Jack is the only character who views Wanda with neither fear nor worship, the only person who can speak freely to her and even twit her about a bit. If Jack dies, it'll be because Wanda is about to become the main villain of the series and can no longer have comic relief attending her.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 am 
    Thanks for the great update! I love it. I particularly liked she called him Lord Parson rather than Lord Hamster. I can hardly wait for the next update, this has been a long time coming!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:14 am 
    The guy on the other side of Lacrosse with the suspicious eyebrow thing going on is the kind of nice touch that I come here for.

excellent!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:21 am 
    For some reason, the manner in which Wanda treats her "loyal followers" reminds me of what Hercule Poirot said about the
    future murder victim in "Death on the Nile": "Mon dieu, she makes enemies of them all!"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I think it's funny that nobody mentioned that Jack did the Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka roll when his cane got knocked aside....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 am 
    Pfff. Jetstone seriously lacks strategy. What the hell were all those troops and warlords doing walking around the dungeon area? Tramennis should have seen to it that they would not lose any more warlords before their charge on GK's army... they would need them, badly.

Also, seeing as how Rulers and, i assume, chief warlords have some natural thinkamancy concerning the state of their troops, they should know that Wanda's not with the Dwagon group now... and could wipe them out, without fearing of getting their fallen decrypted.

Ah well. Down with the brainded monarchy!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Just like Antium, this update made me tingle.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions