Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 am 
Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
Offline
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 201
SomeUnregisteredPunk wrote:
] It also means that Jetstone might be able retreat from this city and take their original capital site.


would it cost shmuckers? they couldn't afford it (without cash infusions)...

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:22 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm
    Posts: 1247
    Abnaxis wrote:
    Althernai wrote:
    I still say the hobgoblin mounts that fall before them will catch them. 0/3 chance of death versus 1/3 chance of death...


    The hobgoblin mounts fall slowly, ala Parson on Banana. So the hobgoblin mounts will reach the deck a little after the others.

    _________________
    Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:39 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Online
    Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:08 am
    Posts: 251
    Abnaxis wrote:
    I thought the portal room was in the tower?

    No, the tower was gone by that point: "Tower down! Tunnels down! Wreck everything but the dungeon! Do your worst."

    Quote:
    So the material doesn't actually say explicitly which zones need captured anywhere? Or is it just this inference?

    The material says "City falls when all units in the garrison are croaked or captured." Thus, it doesn't matter what zone they're in -- as long as the invaders don't control the entire garrison, the city doesn't fall.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:54 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 pm
    Posts: 18
    Infidel wrote:
    The hobgoblin mounts fall slowly, ala Parson on Banana. So the hobgoblin mounts will reach the deck a little after the others.


    You assume. For all we know, all falling units fall at the same speed (including flyers which lose thier flying ability). Erfworld physics can be goofy like that.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:20 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:37 am
    Posts: 36
    build6 wrote:
    SomeUnregisteredPunk wrote:
    ] It also means that Jetstone might be able retreat from this city and take their original capital site.


    would it cost shmuckers? they couldn't afford it (without cash infusions)...



    harvest or raze your capital city before it falls to the enemy....

    http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -06-24.jpg ... statley talks about razing a city and harvest garrison troops in outlying cities to pay for the upkeep costs. I just wonder if it possible to have a side with no capital for a while ... Stanley tried to do this in book1 except in that instance the capital were still there.
    Perhaps if the capital fell to Jetstone then Stanley would have become a barbarian and he could have created a new side. Or it is possible for the capital city to fall and the side to still exist. If that is true then the only reason rulers do not flee from capital cities is because of pride.
    I wonder what the bonus of a capital city is. If you could have two and if that could offset upkeep costs of your units.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:31 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 pm
    Posts: 52
    Abnaxis wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    The hobgoblin mounts fall slowly, ala Parson on Banana. So the hobgoblin mounts will reach the deck a little after the others.


    You assume. For all we know, all falling units fall at the same speed (including flyers which lose thier flying ability). Erfworld physics can be goofy like that.


    http://www.erfworld.com/summer-update-2009-archive/?px=%2FE032_EugeneConniff_Banana.jpg

    It is stated explicitly that Parson was falling unnaturally slowly.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:06 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:35 pm
    Posts: 413
    Location: SW Florida
    mmmm . . . Parson promoted the Hobbos to heavies before he invited Wanda out for lunch. We really have no way of knowing how much time had elapsed between the commands, though from the picture on the current page, it looks like they're all going down together. I wonder if the Hobbos can direct the Dwagons into steeper dives to keep up with the ones in ballistic descent. Though . . . the Yellows may have been at lower altitudes to start with, as they were directing their S-bombs onto specific targets. That might have some bearing on developments.

    _________________
    The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 pm
    Posts: 18
    Magothys wrote:
    Abnaxis wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    The hobgoblin mounts fall slowly, ala Parson on Banana. So the hobgoblin mounts will reach the deck a little after the others.


    You assume. For all we know, all falling units fall at the same speed (including flyers which lose thier flying ability). Erfworld physics can be goofy like that.


    http://www.erfworld.com/summer-update-2009-archive/?px=%2FE032_EugeneConniff_Banana.jpg

    It is stated explicitly that Parson was falling unnaturally slowly.


    Yes, he is falling unnaturally slowly, as compared to the real world, where flying dragons don't exist. We don't know how relatively fast he's falling, as compared to a unit falling who is not sitting on the dwagon.

    Funny you should link that particular blog, as it's part of the reason I question whether the hobs are going to fall any more slowly than the other units. The general consensus is that a heavy dragging down a dwagon is a "controlled decent" when in that post Parson got banged up and the dwagon crapped itself. I don't think Parson's method of decent had anything to do with surviving the fall, I think he just got lucky on that % die roll to avoid injury or death.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 pm 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:45 am
    Posts: 851
    Abnaxis wrote:
    Funny you should link that particular blog, as it's part of the reason I question whether the hobs are going to fall any more slowly than the other units. The general consensus is that a heavy dragging down a dwagon is a "controlled decent" when in that post Parson got banged up and the dwagon crapped itself. I don't think Parson's method of decent had anything to do with surviving the fall, I think he just got lucky on that % die roll to avoid injury or death.


    I think that is entirely possible. Also, note that the yellow dwagon attacks also seemed to fall unnaturally slowly, so it might just be a zone-crossing phenomenon.

    _________________
    Here's my "Charlie as Hitler" Downfall video for Erfworld: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-EA8xQOf_s

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    Abnaxis wrote:
    Yes, he is falling unnaturally slowly, as compared to the real world, where flying dragons don't exist. We don't know how relatively fast he's falling, as compared to a unit falling who is not sitting on the dwagon.


    Why are you trying to be *puts sun-glasses on* obnoxious?

    But seriously, we do know how fast things fall on Erfworld. We've seen at least three falls so far (Wanda and Ansom, twice), they didn't necessarily seem slow. No effort was spent to make those falls seem slow, in fact we even see Ansom's a blur as he hits the ground.

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:13 pm 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:45 am
    Posts: 851
    BLANDCorporatio wrote:
    But seriously, we do know how fast things fall on Erfworld. We've seen at least three falls so far (Wanda and Ansom, twice), they didn't necessarily seem slow. No effort was spent to make those falls seem slow, in fact we even see Ansom's a blur as he hits the ground.


    So do you have a theory as to why Banana-fall and the yellow dwagon attacks are falling unnaturally slowly?

    I'm not sure Wanda and Ansom are dispositive, in that although they might not have been demonstrated artistically as falling slowly for a portion of the fall, both of the more detailed examples we have in text updates (Banana-fall, yellow dwagon attacks) describe that period of slowness.

    _________________
    Here's my "Charlie as Hitler" Downfall video for Erfworld: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-EA8xQOf_s

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    Ansan Gotti wrote:
    So do you have a theory as to why Banana-fall and the yellow dwagon attacks are falling unnaturally slowly?


    Banana-fall is obvious. Unlike Wanda/Ansom, knocked off their mounts and with NO support, the Banana-falling is a mass that just can't generate enough lift anymore to stay airborne, but still generates some lift, and any lift generated would go against the force of weight, damping the fall somewhat.

    Yeah, that's Earth physics. So what? In some respects, Erf works similarly, and unless explicitly stated, there's no reason to invent differences before they are seen.

    I don't get why the claim that acidic battle crap fell slowly.

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:48 pm 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:45 am
    Posts: 851
    OK, sounds reasonable; I guess we'll see!

    _________________
    Here's my "Charlie as Hitler" Downfall video for Erfworld: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-EA8xQOf_s

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:20 pm 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:49 pm
    Posts: 993
    BLANDCorporatio wrote:

    I don't get why the claim that acidic battle crap fell slowly.


    "At the far end of the atrium: a light from the roof. Down through a sudden sunbeam, a shower of sparking glass was falling slowly, slowly. At its center, a brown lump snaked through the air."

    Admittedly this doesn't say the crap fell slowly (as opposed to the glass), but I'd say the implication is there... twice :D [/cheeky]

    _________________
    Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.


    Last edited by effataigus on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:39 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:30 am
    Posts: 664
    BLANDCorporation wrote:
    Why are you trying to be *puts sun-glasses on* obnoxious?

    oh-- 'hob'-noxious! Ha! I love homonyms! (the TSA doesnt - try explaining the obvious similarity betwen balm and bomb while being strip searched; not easy, let me tell you)

    BLANDCorporation wrote:
    I don't get why the claim that acidic battle crap fell slowly.

    I think its because it hit the rotating ceiling blades first. If folks make wild claims that those blades never existed, I will just retcon them in using the power of my imagination.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:58 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:57 am
    Posts: 223
    Abnaxis wrote:
    Yes, he is falling unnaturally slowly, as compared to the real world, where flying dragons don't exist. We don't know how relatively fast he's falling, as compared to a unit falling who is not sitting on the dwagon.


    Or perhaps he was falling slowly because he was trying to fly...if the hobgobwins are instead aiming to go down/fall as opposed to fly, then the dwagons may not spend so much effort trying to stay up.

    Quote:
    Funny you should link that particular blog, as it's part of the reason I question whether the hobs are going to fall any more slowly than the other units. The general consensus is that a heavy dragging down a dwagon is a "controlled decent" when in that post Parson got banged up and the dwagon crapped itself. I don't think Parson's method of decent had anything to do with surviving the fall, I think he just got lucky on that % die roll to avoid injury or death.


    Did he get banged up because the dwagon fell? Or because he fell off the dwagon?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:02 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:41 pm
    Posts: 526
    Yahoo Messenger: grixit
    Location: santa maria, ca
    joosy wrote:
    BLANDCorporation wrote:
    Why are you trying to be *puts sun-glasses on* obnoxious?

    oh-- 'hob'-noxious! Ha! I love homonyms! (the TSA doesnt - try explaining the obvious similarity betwen balm and bomb while being strip searched; not easy, let me tell you)


    Hey! Put some balm on the latex before you check for a bomb in there, buddy.

    _________________
    Read, like there won't be a movie
    Game, like the die rolls don't matter
    Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

    10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . . . Dr Pepper
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:10 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 pm
    Posts: 18
    Kyrt wrote:
    Did he get banged up because the dwagon fell? Or because he fell off the dwagon?


    I dunno. That's part of the fun :P

    Not trying to be obnoxious, it's just that...well, my impression is that Erfworld physics are quantized. Every unit falls into a certain category, with no gray area. I have no real evidence to back myself on this, but in my mind that means units can either be "flying" or "not flying," with no "not flying, but falling slowly" in between.

    I haven't seen anything to prove me incontrovertibly wrong yet, so it's my conviction and I'm sticking to it obnoxiously! There has to be some way he's mitigating that 33%...

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:37 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:35 pm
    Posts: 413
    Location: SW Florida
    Perhaps that it's overloaded Dwagons still fly, but only in a downwards direction. Sorta like a Cessna Skymaster. You lose one engine, and you're no longer flying an airplane. Just a noisy glider with a very long glide path . . .

    _________________
    The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:04 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:27 pm
    Posts: 8
    I think Parson will use the slow falling hobgowins as a shield for the already fallen decrypted knights/humans/warlords.
    That way he can:
    - Protect the decrypted units with living units.
    - Give time to Wanda, so she can decrypt more units and heal herself (and Jack).

    And if the hobgowins croack, Wanda can decrypt them too.

    Its cheating, its unfair, and most of them will croack anyway.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Althernai, Anomynous 167, Bing [Bot], Fovar, Metallicat, Nakedkali, Raven, SangoProductions and 12 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: