Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post subject: Re: Erfworld Game
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 am 
AOL: maxusbrimstone
Depends, I'm progressing rather slowly I think compared to some of you guys, mostly because I'm NOT optimized at all. Most of my units are mote flavor than actual utility. Sure, they're effective, but they were designed to be cool. In any case it's going to take me a while before I can have siege to start hurting cities.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:52 pm 
    Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.
    Without being too specific, BLAND seems to be fairly well optimized for what I presume he wants to do.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 pm 
    I just have a few thoughts on some units that might be added to a later version to increase consistency with the comic.
    A) Have Siege Towers as an optional replacement for D-class units. (In the comic, it looked like only Hobbittm units were in the Towers)
    B) Have the option of having a very weak unit (1-1-1-12) instead of a D-class unit, with 10 points to use, which can be mass produced. (In the comic, Doombats)
    C) Have different Ship units, to represent the levels. (Text Update 18, Book Two)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:28 am 
    Doombats are VERY likely to be natural allies of Transilvito.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:17 am 
    Sir Shadow wrote:
    Doombats are VERY likely to be natural allies of Transilvito.
    Alright, but the other two still stand. (And I agree. I had forgotten the scene where Vinny tamed the wild bat.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:37 am 
    I haven't recieved an update in weeks, again...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:41 pm 
    I know :(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 pm 
    Hi, long time Erfworld lurker, reading about this game rather excited me! Has it fallen by the wayside?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:36 am 
    Unfourtanetly, yes. Kaed most likely became busy in real life. Unfourtanate.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:02 am 
    That is a shame really, I'd love to play or even GM one of these games :)

If we can get enough others I don't see why we can't get a game up and running. We'd have to get some things straight though:

1. A set amount of time per turn. (if everyone finishes his turn the GMs can of course decide to reduce this and with a good reason from a player increase it)
    2. A good system for GMs or players bailing out. (reserve GMs, players "autoplaying" for a set number of turns before their side is "vanquished")
    3. A direction for the game: Will it be a story telling game which allows people to jump in (start as a barbarian with a small purse and some units, allow them to either claim a capital site and become a side or just goof around and do mercenary work) or a closed game with a fixed number of turns or a fixed goal where no people can join. (I personally prefer the storytelling game, but hey, that's the roleplayer in me :P, I'd probably enjoy playing someones CWL or caster as well :D (hmm maybe an interesting idea for the game :P))
    4. A way for player-player comunication, GM-GM comunication and GM-player communication. (I'd go as far to suggest setting up a forum to run this game from)
    5. A GM to player ratio which doesn't cause the GM's to be burned out. (I'd suggest 1 GM to 2-3 players for this)
    6. Infrastructure! We need stuff like databases (these can be excel based for all I care), a rule book, excel calculators, a forum (?), a map, proper communications and whatnot to run this (I'll volunteer to make most of the infrastructure since I like working with spreadsheets, sifting data and making forums)

So what do you guys think? Interested?

Also: I'm setting up a poll in a different topic to measure if people are interested.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 am 
    thetobias wrote:
    That is a shame really, I'd love to play or even GM one of these games :)

If we can get enough others I don't see why we can't get a game up and running. We'd have to get some things straight though:

1. A set amount of time per turn. (if everyone finishes his turn the GMs can of course decide to reduce this and with a good reason from a player increase it)
    2. A good system for GMs or players bailing out. (reserve GMs, players "autoplaying" for a set number of turns before their side is "vanquished")
    3. A direction for the game: Will it be a story telling game which allows people to jump in (start as a barbarian with a small purse and some units, allow them to either claim a capital site and become a side or just goof around and do mercenary work) or a closed game with a fixed number of turns or a fixed goal where no people can join. (I personally prefer the storytelling game, but hey, that's the roleplayer in me :P, I'd probably enjoy playing someones CWL or caster as well :D (hmm maybe an interesting idea for the game :P))
    4. A way for player-player comunication, GM-GM comunication and GM-player communication. (I'd go as far to suggest setting up a forum to run this game from)
    5. A GM to player ratio which doesn't cause the GM's to be burned out. (I'd suggest 1 GM to 2-3 players for this)
    6. Infrastructure! We need stuff like databases (these can be excel based for all I care), a rule book, excel calculators, a forum (?), a map, proper communications and whatnot to run this (I'll volunteer to make most of the infrastructure since I like working with spreadsheets, sifting data and making forums)

So what do you guys think? Interested?

Also: I'm setting up a poll in a different topic to measure if people are interested.

1. Usually giving everyone a couple days to complete their turns helps. With the amount of stuff to track and change as the turns pass, in the end the GM will need almost as much time making the changes to his data as the players need placing their orders.
    2. Traditionally, if a GM bails, that kinda kills the game. If a player goes inactive for a week or more their turn is put on autopilot. They keep getting income, continue any standing orders (like a scout told to explore a forest will continue to do so), and upgrading the city when feasible. But no offensive moves (unless an attack order was given ebfore the player's absence), no making new cities, and no popping units (unless popping orders had been planned out a few turns in advance.)
    3. I really like the idea that a player can start as a barbarian side with mercenary units. Also possibly have a GM who handles NPC sides and Natural Allies.
    4. We mostly communicate with the site messaging system.
    5. I agree with the 1 GM per 2-3 players.
    6. I'd be willing to help make excel documents tracking the information on each side. Including cities (their names, level, location, etc), characters, unit list, assets, etc.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:23 am 
    Woo! Replies! :D
    This topic is continued at http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1837 tho :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games