Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Re: Bogroll
 Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:50 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
It was during RCC's turn that bogroll was killed because it was ansome who was attacking GK. And Bogroll was killed after killing ansom who was "accepting" parsons surrender :lol: So his body should still be there. Also i think for a storyline aspect bogroll might not be ressurected but another twoll might be popped for parson to use as a henchman and he will be alot different from bogroll. It would let them use that twoll as a thought starter for parson (reminisce and also get reality checks or something about his situation). Just a theory.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 pm 
    I hesitate to bring this up, being relatively new to ErfWorld. Does anyone remember the Troll special ability Regneration? Is it possible that while Bogroll was technically croaked that he may return on his own, having Regenerated?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:29 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Not sure if Erfworld is anything like other games, but Fire is one of the only things that can stop trolls from Regenerating.

Wonder if Twolls are the same?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:40 pm 
    If so, that's probably why he seemed to be burnt after being croaked.

If not, it's probably just a shout out.

Alas, I mere middle schooler am I, and the resources I lack to pay the fee.

Boop the economy, by the way.

A tool in spirit, I suppose.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 am 
    I doubt she can uncroak him. Bodies disappear at the beginning of the its side's turn unless moved. They took no actions to preserve the corpse before the city was destroyed therefore dead bodies are the ones of the royal crown coalition whose turn is next.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:06 pm 
    It's not "The start of that side's next turn" but the *next* turn. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

There may be a passive Croakamancy effect that preserves bodies that may be used as Croakamancy elements, or a rule to that effect.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:36 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    People got attached to the big lug, which was why his sacrifice was so additive to the plot. It actually meant something. To take that away now, I agree, would cheapen the plot.

Plus, Parson has a new henchman anyway.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:41 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Darkside007 wrote:
    It's not "The start of that side's next turn" but the *next* turn. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

If it's the next turn (of whatever side), that raises the question of why the bodies were there after Plaid's turn had started (when the new dwagon popped) before Wanda decrypted or even moved Ansom. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the volcano upheavals count as "moving" the bodies.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:10 am 
    Indeed, I don't anticipate Bogroll coming back personally. Though if he did, perhaps for some sort of brief cameo... it could be entertaining if done right.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:15 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Darkside007 wrote:

It could be interpreted both ways. I would say "the next turn" means the side's next turn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:46 pm 
    Then it would be "our next" and not "the next". I have never heard one mean the other.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:38 pm 
    Quote:
    Konmanrocks wrote: bogroll did pop, just not in the time of the pages of the comic that we have seen. where else would he come from if he didnt pop?

He came from Partiallyclips. http://www.partiallyclips.com/index.php?id=1009

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:07 pm 
    WLM: Shankatsublues@hotmail.com
    Yahoo Messenger: fritz_langue@yahoo.com
    AOL: Mal@dementiaradio.org
    EdgarVerona wrote:
    Indeed, I don't anticipate Bogroll coming back personally. Though if he did, perhaps for some sort of brief cameo... it could be entertaining if done right.

Suddenly, i'm seeing something like the end of Return of the Jedi, with the ghost guys, lol

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:29 pm 
    I loved Bogroll as well, but please don't resurect him. Knowing the meaning of his name....You should't re-use toilet paper. :shock:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Looks like we've got our answer on Bogroll guys. No decrypting for him. A moment of silence for Bogroll please...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:16 pm 
    I consider this thread a call for Bogroll fan-fiction!

The adventures of Bogroll and the other Garrison henchmen, before Hamster!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:08 am 
    SteveMB wrote:
    Darkside007 wrote:

If it's the next turn (of whatever side), that raises the question of why the bodies were there after Plaid's turn had started (when the new dwagon popped) before Wanda decrypted or even moved Ansom. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the volcano upheavals count as "moving" the bodies.

My guess it would be the start of the next turn for whoever's turn it was when he was croaked. If he had died during the Plaid's Turn, he would vanish at the start of their next turn. Since he was croaked during Jetstone's turn, his body stayed around until Jetstone's next turn started.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:27 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    As Sizemore said, the thing that made Bogroll special was that he had a good heart, which was a rare thing in a Twoll.

I really doubt that, if his corpse was re-animated into a mockery of life, with his memories intact but his outlook subtly changed and darkened (like Ansom), that he would still have that good heart. Bringing him back would have destroyed that innocence and eagerness-to-please that made him him.

A De-Crypted Bogroll would not have been a happy ending, it would have been tragic.

A bogroll who regenerated on his own, despite having his body burned, due to some funky loophole I can't think of right now, that would be awesome.

A new one-eyed Twoll, popped fresh and assigned to Parson as lackey; a blank slate with no memories and little personality, but some essential bogrolliness, for Parson to teach, nurture and grow into what Bogroll could have been...eh. I'd take it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:19 am 
    I think they already coved that he can't be decrypted... I do however believe that we will, in the next book find a whole bunch of new allies for Parson, hopefully one with the ability to revive him (white magic-type stuff) and not just make him extremely undead.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Bob_the_tool wrote:
    I think they already coved that he can't be decrypted... I do however believe that we will, in the next book find a whole bunch of new allies for Parson, hopefully one with the ability to revive him (white magic-type stuff) and not just make him extremely undead.

I doubt that -- sending Bogroll to his doom is part of Parson being confronted with the fact that This Boop Has Consequences. He's come quite a ways from when he thought it was kewl to be playing The Bad Guys, who can be identified by their color-coded "classic evil creatures".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld