Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other People's Things » Movies and Television

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 am 
Who has gone to see this in theatres? (It doesn't count if you watched it on TV, DVD, etc :P )

I lost my Rocky Horror Picture Show "virginity" last month. I happened to have the saturday off where they are showing it in my city. My wife had been wanting to take me to see it for some time. Also I was interested since I found out on the forums here that two of the characters in Book 2 currently are dressed as characters from this movie(Wanda and Jillian). A couple of my friends came as well.

The audience participation and the bizaare movie plot made things a sort of confusing at first, but the audience participation is what makes the experience. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the movie. I definately wanna go back again and bring some "virgins" to the show when I get the chance :twisted: .

I thought I didn't quite catch the whole movie so I looked up the plot when I got home. The movie's wierd plot was exactly what I thought it was :lol:

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you go! You can find out where it is playing near you here:
http://www.rockyhorror.com/

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 pm 
    I'm hoping I'll one day get the chance to participate in the madness. I have a few friends that would jump at the opportunity as well so that makes it even better. And it's good that you had fun.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    Personally prefer stage show. All the audience participation as everyone already knows the line - but you get the characters interacting with the audience - the Narrator and Frankie hurling abuse back at the audience quite regularly.
    I saw it in the 1990's UK revival with Patricia Quinn in the cast as Magenta. She sang the opening number "Science Fiction Double Feature" and the moment she stepped through the curtain there was a shiver and a gasp that went through the whole audience of "Oh My God, It's Really HER!" I've never experienced anything else like that moment in the theatre.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:18 pm 
    really cool to see in the theater, people acting out the parts with the movie in the background. I lost my cherry back in 93 and am not virginal at all anymore. Cant find a theater around this area that does it though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:14 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I went to a (relatively small) theater showing on campus back when I was in college. My favorite interactive line was probably one of the more obscure (and clean) ones:

[Riff Raff answers the front door, then pauses for a few seconds.]
    Audience: Hey Riff! What do you call Satanic Jell-O?
    Riff Raff: [slowly] ... Hello.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Other People's Things » Movies and Television