Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry and Essays

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Sorry for the delay in updates. I didn't have internet access for a while there. I'll try and get something up within the next day or two.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:26 pm 
    Yippee! I has excitedness.

<INSERT_WITTY_COMMENT_HERE>

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:28 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    You have probably guessed this already, but I am not going to be making an image for all of these as originally planned. Not enough time in the day, etc. Hope nobody it too upset by this. I still may make some graphics on occasion, but they will be few and far between.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 pm 
    I liked the graphics, but I'm not going to complain. Awesome update, btw. Now we only need to see Phineas swing on a trapeze...

<INSERT_WITTY_COMMENT_HERE>

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm 
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    You have probably guessed this already, but I am not going to be making an image for all of these as originally planned. Not enough time in the day, etc. Hope nobody it too upset by this. I still may make some graphics on occasion, but they will be few and far between.

[sarcasm] I do not appreciate that you are not devoting more of your spare time to making my reading a little more enjoyable, though you receive nothing in return [/sarcasm]

Keep up the good work, I'm quite enjoying what I'm seeing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:06 am 
    There will be more soon. Hang in there. Sorry my updating has slowed down.

Also, thanks for reading! Remember comments, questions, and criticism are all welcomed, wether good or bad. Just keep in mind that some questions may be left unanswered for plot reasons. ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:17 pm 
    So apparently I lied about the 'soon' part in the post above. Sorry. I know what I want to write, but I don't have enough time to sit down and write it all at once. And unfortunately I probably won't have time for about ten more days. :( Hopefully it won't be ten days, but prepare for the worst.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 am 
    I like your story. Especially the choice of main characters.

Keep up the good work!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:15 pm 
    Thank you. I sincerely appreciate the compliment. But I am mostly just happy to find out that people are actually still reading what I write. :P It makes it all worthwhile.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:52 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Just wanted to pop in and say "A Tale From Traz" is good stuff. I check it for updates right after the Erfworld comic itself. It's well written and I like the caster's perspective. Keep up the good work!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 pm 
    Thanks! That means a lot to me. I have been busy with other things, but I will try to get another update up soon.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:12 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    Thanks! That means a lot to me. I have been busy with other things, but I will try to get another update up soon.

Ooh, goody; don't keep us waiting too long. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:20 pm 
    This is an excelent story. You know, I'm currious, are thier any feral Doll or Floral units that can be tamed? What sort of units can't carnymancers (at least in your story) tame? I'm interested in your opinions as I want to explore writing my own fan story, though not with a similar lead charecter. I think you'd be surprised by what I plan to do, but some info would be nice.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:05 am 
    kriss wrote:
    This is an excelent story. You know, I'm currious, are thier any feral Doll or Floral units that can be tamed? What sort of units can't carnymancers (at least in your story) tame? I'm interested in your opinions as I want to explore writing my own fan story, though not with a similar lead charecter. I think you'd be surprised by what I plan to do, but some info would be nice.

Hmm, you raise some good questions there. I don't have the actual answers, of course, but I will give you my answers.

1. Are thier any feral Doll or Floral units that can be tamed?
    Doll units? Probably not, since those units seem to be so synthetic. Floral units? Again, probably not, but this seems more likely than Doll units. I could see a Florist taming a wild gump or something.

Of course we know next to nothing about Florists from canon information from the comic. Well, other than they grow tasty mushrooms and in the presence of a lot of Flower Power you perception of time starts to crumble. So I'm thinking Seymour from my story isn't really your typical Florist as far as personalities go. He isn't a very hippie-ish Hippiemancer.

2. What sort of units can't carnymancers (at least in your story) tame?
    In my story, Carnymancers can only tame non-humanoid units that don't belong to a side. I got the idea from when Vinny tamed a wild bat during one of the summer updates and decided to run with it.

So I guess to answer your question, they can't tame units that belong to a side (including natural allies), barbarian units, caster-created units, or speaking units. Probably some other exceptions as well.

Hope that helped.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:26 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Loving the story! Especially your units. Rock Lobsters and Mothmas are my fave, also having Hermits as natual allies seems perfect.

Im very impressed. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:25 am 
    The Princess was thought to be in one castle, but is really in another...
    Am I picking up Mario references?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:33 am 
    ... maaaaaybe?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 am 
    Oh I can already see how THIS is going to play out.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:13 pm 
    I know it has been a while since the last update, but I still plan on eventually completing this project. With that said, look for a new update some time within the next 24 hours.

EDIT: Posted!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:30 am 
    I just wanted to say that it made me laugh when I saw an ad for Red Baron Pizza on this site and it reminded me of the Red Baron from my story. It made my day. :D

Also, be on the lookout for a new update in the next day or two.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry and Essays