Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Website Things » Bug Reports

Post subject: KNOWN ISSUES
 Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:37 pm 
Site Admin
The following issues are ones we are aware of and any soultions we can provide for the moment:

1) Hotmail email addresses do not seem registrable--Hotmail is filtering our emails so you won't be able to activate your account. Please use an alternate email address if possible.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: KNOWN ISSUES
     Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:16 pm 
    Thanks for registering me manually with my hotmail address.

If I now try to register for the toolbox with the same account, will I still encounter problems because of my hotmail address?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:25 pm 
    Site Admin
    unfortunately it's a server wide issue so none of our sites can reach hotmail. So it's best to use an alt email.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:00 pm 
    Hey, I'm having a similar problem, but I'm not using a hotmail account

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 am 
    Site Admin
    Hi Charles, it seems like you're on the forum site, what are you having issues with specifically? And what email address (domain name only)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:44 pm 
    Sorry, I forgot to explain my problem
    I became a tool before I joined the forum, but I can't receive my password for the account.
    My Email Service is @bellsouth.net

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:01 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    CharlesKaizer wrote:
    Sorry, I forgot to explain my problem
    I became a tool before I joined the forum, but I can't receive my password for the account.
    My Email Service is @bellsouth.net

I am having the same problem as CharlesKaizer: became a tool before creating a forum account, now WordPress tells me that there is no user registered with that e-mail address. The e-mail I used for registration was an aol.com address. Any tips on how to fix this?

What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:45 am 
    Site Admin
    It looks like your account is properly set up on the main site. Please try again now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:06 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hi,

I registered a couple of days ago, purchasing a year-long Tool membership, and created a forum account. I can log in to the forums just fine, but can't seem to access the Toolbox login. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Farrell
    rubicon209@comcast.net

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:52 pm 
    the tool accounts are activated by hand, so it makes sense that in light of the server move, updates, and book 2 they simply havent gotten around to turning them on yet :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:20 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    I've had this issue before and I've found that creating a SPF record for your domain and registering it with Hotmail tends to help your mail get delivered. It'll also help with quite a few other ISPs and mail services. Hotmail also offer a free notification service [1] to recieve notification if your mailserver's IP has been blocked and why.
    [1]http://postmaster.live.com/

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:50 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I had no choice but to register with a hotmail account, since that's what's linked to my paypal account and I just became a Tool. But everything worked correctly: I got the "confirm this is really you" email, clicked the confirmation link, and lo and behold, here I am.

So things are working better now. Might be a fluke, might be all the work Microsoft's been putting into Hotmail, or Live Mail, or whatever they're calling it this week, is finally paying off with reduced headaches for the rest of the world.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:33 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I had problems registering my @juno.com email. Simply would not receive a confirmation e-mail. Obviously used an alternate e-mail, but I would love to get my KS tag with I believe is linked to my juno address.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:53 pm 
    I'm having a similar problem. This is a backup account I made to test to see if it would verify when my first attempt didn't work, but I would very much rather have my first account verified. I got the email but after hitting the verification link whenever I try to login it just gives me a message that the account couldn't be found.

Edit Also, is there anywhere to open support tickets? I couldn't find anything so I made a post in bug reports but that didn't feel quite right, but maybe I'm just blind...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Website Things » Bug Reports