Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 269
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 pm 
Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
Belrodes wrote:
I can't imagine Big Think will be unable to judge Roger's intentions with the state of mind he is in, and since this is very clearly Bad behavior on Roger's part it might be decided immediately to nullify him.

I can't help but think how the units around him now would react to that. They'd probably think it was CC, and that would (a) scare the CRAP out of them, and (b) strongly underscore to Caesar that it was right for him to have picked GK.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    paddywagon man wrote:
    I'm happy to see that Claud still hasn't been subsumed into the Isaac Overmind or whatever we're calling it these days.

Spawn more overlords!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    dichologos wrote:
    (though you can apparently follow strings across hexes, as was done to croak the Archons in the tunnels)

Wait, isn't the MK a single, huge hex?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:29 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    A trust fund between sides... could this be the first international trust?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:29 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Claud looks Chibi.
    Isaac looks dead.
    Ben looks happy. Well, why the hell shouldn't he? Dude is rolling in money now, a nice change from previous conditions. Probably feels like being able to breath again.

I do wonder why specifically PGLH wants RVC to contact Ivan, and not Wanda. But I suppose to ask the question is to answer it. He wants results, not arguments, and Wanda isn't exactly pliable. Hell, does he even know Wanda has been repatriated? No, I guess he doesn't. I checked, and RVC only said the prisoners got a reprieve.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:35 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Corrupt User wrote:
    And the threads start coming together...

Right before they start to fall apart.
    http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/264

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 pm 
    Sylvan wrote:
    Corrupt User wrote:
    And the threads start coming together...

Right before they start to fall apart.

Bets on threads falling apart due to getting cut? We know Big Think has the scissors.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Sixty wrote:
    Did Roger know about Ivan and Claude being decrypted? Just hearing "our new dirtamancer Ivan Poe" might make Roger assume the worst and "confirm" for him that GK destroyed the temple.

Roger actually doesn't even know that the Great Minds croaked Ivan and Claud. He was not part of the 17-link that did it. He was talking to Those who Matter at the time on behalf of the Minds. In fact, he was certain the GMs would never do such a thing as it was so morally reprehensible. So this will certainly raise questions for him (but maybe not before he has to deal with Deisaac).

Loved this update. Out of the all the possibilities for Roger's subplot, I didn't expect this one at all. Also "Trust Fund" is perfect!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 pm 
    dichologos wrote:
    I doubt Roger would be croaked, in any case. I mean, there's nothing to indicate that you can croak across hexes yet - for the first part (though you can apparently follow strings across hexes, as was done to croak the Archons in the tunnels). Also, Roger could probably be convinced normally or simply mind-controlled with better effect than actually killing him, especially when he could be a valuable asset. I don't see Isaac wanting to kill Roger off unless he actually discovered his secrets...something which is actually quite possible in his new state, if they were to be in a call together. Hmmn.

That's the issue, though. Roger's secrets were so dire he actually hid them away from himself and now they're open to be seen. If he connects his mind to Isaac's, there's a pretty good chance Roger's deception is laid bare and that's enough reason for severe punishment. The Minds were never above croaking casters, and a betrayal so deep could merit an execution.

As far as croaking across hexes, you're right that we don't know. The only evidence we have that it could be done is Bunny's fear that the Arkendish could attack people through a call. If Isaac's new powers are comparable to the Dish, and I think they are, directly connecting to him through a thinkagram could open one's mind to an assault.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    dichologos wrote:
    Belrodes wrote:
    So...do you think Isaac still trusts Parson and wants to work with him, despite the destruction of the temple? If so, it's quite possible that Roger doesn't survive this call. I can't imagine Big Think will be unable to judge Roger's intentions with the state of mind he is in, and since this is very clearly Bad behavior on Roger's part it might be decided immediately to nullify him.

Of course, Big Think might not be concerned with anything but reaching its new source of juice and destroying Charlescomm now. Roger's intentions could be so low of a priority that he isn't even worth croaking yet.

I believe that Isaac would trust Parson just as much as before, as I doubt he believes that the temple being destroyed was his fault, rather than Charlie's fault.

But Parson said he was sorry for what happened at the temple. Who else but the person culpable would ever claim that they were sorry?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:53 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary This user posted the comment of the month
    Corrupt User wrote:
    hyzmarca wrote:
    At her core, Wanda wants to save everyone.

I... don't get that impression from Wanda. Her idea of "saving" everyone is to finish Fate's plan, even if that means she can finally croak. Roger's updates indicated that being so intent on her own destruction grants her a special power.

Roger hasn't seen her stone garden. Wanda thinks that fighting fate is futile. That doesn't mean that she's on Fate's side, just that she wants to minimize the damage and feels that going with the flow is the best way to do that. But who she is in the dark is best exemplified by the stone garden. She's someone who deeply mourns everyone she has lost and is defined by that mourning, and that desire to undo Death. I believe that if Wanda were to meet the Reaper, she'd try to kick its ass.

Last edited by hyzmarca on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 13 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Has anyone seen the Wonky Wrench yet? I'm hoping we get some exposition on its location after Ivan's disposition of it, especially that the doll doesn't get back hold of it and cause any shenanigans.

A Chekhov's magic item nearly as powerful as an Arkentool isn't something to leave lying about!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:56 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I like that Caesar, having experienced Parson's unusual and unprecedented habit of apologizing for things he wasn't responsible for, is now hastily explaining that behavior to others who would be just as surprised by it as he first was, while Parson isn't taking that oddity into consideration.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:01 am 
    Trust exercise. Convert GK gold to gems, give to TV. Incur penalties at 500K per pop instead, get back, convert to gold, pay lower penalty?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:07 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Ceasar just reffered to himself as Regent, with capital 'R'. So that settles that discussion, and affirms that he intend to 'pop the royal heir' (Would have been a real waste to cancel the heir so close to completion anyway).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:14 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    OH FUG.

I'm sure this has already been speculated on, but I myself have a sneaking suspicion that Roger is going to regret leaving that door unlocked. Probably immediately after 'gramming the state 8.1.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:15 am 
    I just want someone to look at me the way Wanda looks at corpses.

Also, Big Think and Dirty Moon for best couple 2k17.

I'll call them The Big Dirty.

• Tipped by 12 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Knott wrote:
    Ceasar just reffered to himself as Regent, with capital 'R'. So that settles that discussion, and affirms that he intend to 'pop the royal heir' (Would have been a real waste to cancel the heir so close to completion anyway).

That was confirmed ages ago: "On the heir, he said 'Course I'm gonna pop it (b/c TV has no heir) but flip that witch if she's gonna say her loyalty depends on if I do or not.'" What's interesting to me here is that apparently he does care enough if Roger's loyalty depends on it to call himself Regent. I mean, it certainly makes sense under the circumstances but it's interesting to see where Caesar draws the line on formalities. He openly says it's Parson telling him to trust Roger but it seems unlikely that using the title would have been Parson's idea.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 am 
    Roger saying he's completing a call, doesn't mean he'll complete the call. Fake relaying it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:30 am 
    Knott wrote:

Yeah, that was established back on Page 226. He's popping the heir, but Vanna can flip herself if she thinks her opinion had anything to do with his decision.

Bobfromjanitorial wrote:
    I just want someone to look at me the way Wanda looks at corpses.

Indeed. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions