Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:57 pm 
Nice bookend. He broke the rules. Go Parson!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:01 pm 
    Oh yeah! I've been waiting for Parson to do something like this. Screw the rules, I'm a Player!
    He threw his 3 in 1 sword away though.

Tell me your greatest strength, so I will know how to undermine you; tell me your greatest fear, so I will know what to make you face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, that I might deny you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:06 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    blackcitadel9 wrote:

Yeah, even if he doesn't want ruthlessness, he has lost its leadership and combat bonuses.

So, I guess we find out Stanley's reaction to GK being destroyed in the Autumn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    blackcitadel9 wrote:
    Oh yeah! I've been waiting for Parson to do something like this. Screw the rules, I'm a Player!

It wasn't glowing any more though, I suspect that whatever effect it has was a permanent boost.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:11 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Even without the sword, he should still be an amazing warlord. Besides, Stanly never knew that Parson had that sword. He was gone before it was completed.

I'm more impressed with the f- you! he managed to get out. I'm kinda wondering if that means the spell that makes him forced to follow the Tool's orders is obsolete. He broke one set of rules by throwing away the sword. Maybe others as well.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:32 pm 
    I'm looking forward to the Summer updates, but actually waiting until Fall for a new Erfworld is going to be hard. I'm a fairly recent newcomer to the Erfworld comic, but I've come to very much enjoy it.

Great way to end Book One though!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:45 pm 
    EPIC. Very poignant.

Can't wait for book 2!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:54 pm 
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    awesome finish to an excellent story, and jamie's art continues to impress. loved the melting sword.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:58 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Beautiful. BEAUTIFUL.

I'd have liked to see the Tool's reaction when he came back, but ah well. Not vital. This finish was awesome. *Go*, Parson.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:08 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    First time on the forums but been been a dedicated reader since page 11. Figured it was a fitting time just to let you guys know how much I've enjoyed Erfworld over the course of this book and how much I look forward to the next one. Keep up the brilliant work -- though don't be afraid to catch your breath this summer; can't say I wouldn't love some insight into the magic system but I'd like a happy Rob and Jamie even more.

It's been quite the ride.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:15 pm 
    (Cross-posting from the GITP forum.) *Great* ending. I really love this story. I cannot express how satisfying it is to have completion to a story arc I've been following for a couple years, and have it be actually really good. Rare, precious stuff. THANKS and CONGRATULATIONS to the authors. Looking forward to buying the book with my tool credits.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    BOOPIN'. BRILLIANT.

That is all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:37 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Some of the implications of the ending are sinking in.

That's a lot of anger Parson is letting out there. More, what he just did was to declare that he would no longer simply react to what Erfworld was throwing at him. Parson effectively just said that he would be taking charge and start bringing the war instead of merely surviving it. This battle? It was only the beginning. Parson just might be about to show Erf what the concept of total war means.

And as we here on Earth know... it ain't pretty. :shock:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:39 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Outstanding! I remember reading this comic from Page 1, and being uncertain how much I liked it. Now I'm obsessed.

Parson has always tried to bend the rules, like finding ways to get around the censor. As Janis believed, from here on Parson is going to outright break them. The question I have now is did Parson break the bonds the summon spell placed on him or did he just defy the laws of Erfworld? We've seen somewhat colored language from Jillian and Wanda before.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:47 pm 
    I can't stop thinking about how Parson dropped an f-bomb.

Too bad he couldn't do that sooner, I've heard f-bombs do 215d100 damage. The battle'd have been so much easier.

Alas, I mere middle schooler am I, and the resources I lack to pay the fee.

Boop the economy, by the way.

A tool in spirit, I suppose.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:51 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The Dark Fiddler wrote:
    I can't stop thinking about how Parson dropped an f-bomb.

Also, notice the pause. It is like he expected to be censored. "Fuck" <oh that worked> "... you".

Maybe the "I am a player" comment disables the language filter.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:05 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Great page :)

I wanted to see the Stanley question answered, but this is better. It's also good to see Rob and Jamie don't suffer the compulsion to tie too many loose ends. This was about as perfect an end as we can expect.

Woe, Agony, Dispair, for the wait ahead of now. I suppose by the time the next update comes along I'll be able to give up my habit of checking the page at least 5 times a day for an update...

Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:13 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Awesome ending to Book 1! I can't help but wonder how long the authors had that scene and quote in mind. From the very beginning, I would imagine. It's hard to write a story if you don't know how it will end.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:15 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Looks like Parson finally got what he wanted for christmas (last panel).

I can't wait for the summer updates!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:19 pm 
    I just have to join in with a huge me too on the awesomeness of this page. We've been waiting on the uncensored cuss word since the first boop I think. And it's an F bomb. Better yet is the way that it's not at all about an emotional outburst in the middle of the story, but a well placed, intentional challenge to the world. I wonder if he'll be able to continue to use said words or not, but that's really rather minor compared to the fact that he's broken free of the rules, at least a little bit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions