Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 243
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 am 
Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
But at least looks like Maggie will be safe now, yay! I mean, they have more important things to worry about now than her deferred sentencing or what have you.

Last edited by Raziel on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well, that happened. :shock:

Not what I had anticipated but it sure throws a monkey wrench into all the plots swirling around. I don't think that the great minds are done being a plot complication or possible antagonist. This has however set them back by a LONG way it would seem.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:32 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    crex90 wrote:
    Similar to Jack's Shakespeare craziness. Thinkamantic backlash, it seems. Poor Issac etc al. They were flawed, but they were still trying to oppose Charlie.

It's always fascinated me how tragedy makes villains into victims. Is it because the threat they pose has passed that we can see them as humans again? Or is there, perhaps, an element of shame in knowing somewhere deep down we wished such horrors upon our foes?

Perhaps even more interesting is the mechanics of the passive viewer projecting such things on fictional characters from a place of relative safety. Or perhaps that's simply an acknowledgement that villainy and tragedy are real... even if the subjects of one's enmity and empathy are mere characters in a play.

• Tipped by 29 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 am 
    Razastrophy wrote:
    Hmmm, this kind of reminds me from the "insanity" that Jack was suffering from when they pulled him from the link back in book 1. I wonder if the GM were in a link at the time this happened, and with the link broken without proper aid to disconnect everyone, the surviving GM's are left "insane", unbalanced like Jack used to be?

I think this follows on from 227. The Great Minds were in a Transfusion, and it broke from the backlash of casters dying to the collapse.

Quite literally, I think Bunny indirectly killed the Great Minds. Her timing of string-cutting and Baddie spell activation led to the GMs holding off their Transfusion disjunction, resulting in them being present when the Temple collapsed.

It's the little things that make a difference, really.. and it's honestly surprising that Isaac survived the backlash from a state 7 break.. unless the other Great Minds Decided that they couldn't move out of the way.. and suffered the backlash meant for Isaac. It looks like there's exactly one other survivor.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:34 am 
    Twitter: Razastrophy
    YouTube: Razastrophy
    greycat wrote:
    Franz Kafka: "Don't despair, not even over the fact that you don't despair. Just when everything seems over with, new forces come marching up, and precisely that means that you are alive. And if they don't, then everything is over with here, once and for all."

wow, that really gives some food for thought. Isaac clearly says "But not for us" when talking about the hope, and one can wonder if he knows/feels/thinks that there are no such new forces to come marching up and is convinced that everything is over for the MK.

And then, is this just the obvious trauma speaking with loss of hope, or does such a setback make him believe that there is no more hope?

Also, i'm wondering what that crackling sparkle on his voice is, along with the purple glow/hue on his speechbubble. left over from the GM connection?
    Isaac suffering from a broken mind? (heehee puns)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 am 
    I didn't realize the Thinkamancer campus was that isolated. Isaac seems out of it, understandably. We'll have to see how permanent that condition is. A lot of his look seems to be dust covered.

Didn't GK have temporary barracks set up there?

Lower right corner looks like roller hair girl. Tisha is smooshed, in the black dress. And Jintao. Not sure about the blue dress.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    They picked a bad day to turn on Wanda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 am 
    The GMTTA have been punished at last.

Their backstabbings and doubledealings are over. Their thinkamantic tiranny is at end. All because of their hubris. They sought to depose Charlie the challenger of the status quo, without trying to be better than him. All that secrecy and backstabbing got them in the end. GK was too busy and too weakened by their Kangaroo Court shennanigans to defend them from CC.

Now the maneuver that could counter Charlie's tool is gone. No more States 5-6-7.

I wonder if Isaac will try to turn to GK for safety.
    GK needs a second thinkie to continue doing Tricaster links.
    Even if Bunnie comes back, she'll go back to TV.

The destruction of the Temple became the only appropriate response after the croaking of Ivan and Claude, the TGTTA showed their hand prematurely and revealed themselves to be a much greater imediate threat to CC than Parson, because the first chance they got to Remote Sever Charlie's string, they would take it.

Last edited by kkdragonlord on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Shard wrote:
    It's the little things that make a difference, really.. and it's honestly surprising that Isaac survived the backlash from a state 7 break.. unless the other Great Minds Decided that they couldn't move out of the way.. and suffered the backlash meant for Isaac. It looks like there's exactly one other survivor.

What about the one sitting up?
    Edit 1: (From page 1)
    Ditto wrote:
    Looks like A.V. Club is the other survivor. But... whaaaaat is up with fearless leader?!

Last edited by artificeintel on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Holy hell.

So, When Jack got hit by link backlash, he only quoted the Fool from King Lear, and when Issac gets hit by it, he only quotes Franz Kafka? Interesting.

Also interesting is that so far the GMs that we know survived have at least in the past been somewhat Parson sympathetic, while Jintao is the one we see with X's, and he was anti-GK alliance.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 am 
    I think it may be that Isaac is still partially in a State 7. I suspect that in a link, when casters pool their mind together, while they may not be merging, they do have presences in one another minds - In a normal link breakup, they don't leave presences in one another's minds, but when broken like this, they do leave some string bits in others.

The temple bits are still glowing a little. Is that where they get their thought-bubble fragments from?..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I am willing to bet Isaac tried to protect the rest from the link-breakage backlash, and ended up breaking himself in the process. Futilely, as they still got smushed by the roof.

The other survivor looks like she's in better shape.

I'm also willing to bet that his speech bubbles are like that because he's speaking aloud, and broadcasting with thinkamancy. Talking to himself, in such a way that everyone hears it, whether he means for them to or not.

-Conan of Cimmeria (Queen of the Black Coast by R.E. Howard)

Last edited by Mad Raven on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 am 
    1.Plan to rescue Wanda.

2. Pliers in friendly(ish) hands.

3. Lots of dead thinkamancers.

4. PROFIT!!!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:41 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Gathrun wrote:
    Lower right corner looks like roller hair girl. Tisha is smooshed, in the black dress. And Jintao. Not sure about the blue dress.

From the jacket and jeans combo combined with the hair I was thinking that was "Alex". Or A.V. Club as the wiki calls her.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:42 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Wait. This means something is going to happen to Wanda or the Pliers this turn. Decrypting so many GMs would be insanely OP. That would be very sad for Bunny, if that was the case. I kinda wanted her to come back to be the Greatest Mind.

Of course, it could be possible they're just not reunited until after they leave the MK. Here's hoping!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:42 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Alright, I'm creeped out by this one. War got a little too real in Erfworld. Great, haunting art.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Noobamancer wrote:
    1.Plan to rescue Wanda.

4. PROFIT!!!

While on the one hand I like team GK and hope that Wanda is eventually able to learn from her mistakes and become somewhat more reasonable, it would be really interesting to see a Wanda vs Parson war. I mean, unlimited army and lots of thinkamancy vs lots of money and Parson. Gotta wonder what juggles would think of fighting decrypted juggles....

Last edited by artificeintel on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Noobamancer wrote:
    1.Plan to rescue Wanda.

4. PROFIT!!!

The pliers are in Spacerock. Janis already returned them to Sizemore, remember? "I thought you had a plan..."

-Conan of Cimmeria (Queen of the Black Coast by R.E. Howard)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:44 am 
    Mad Raven wrote:
    I am willing to bet Isaac tried to protect the rest from the link-breakage backlash, and ended up breaking himself in the process. Futilely, as they still got smushed by the roof.

The other survivor looks like she's in better shape.

I'm also willing to bet that his speech bubbles are like that because he's speaking aloud, and broadcasting with thinkamancy.

I think either:
    1) The other GMs took the backlash.
    2) Isaac broke early from the link just prior to collapse (disorderly disjunction). I don't think he did, judging from his sitting posture.
    3) Isaac just rolled well on string backlash. He is one of the brightest Great Minds.

Anyhow, there are 11 surviving Great Minds -

Roger mentions 26 Great Minds.

There are 17 participating GMs as of the last update -

Isaac and 1 other GM is shown here.

In theory, they could still conduct State 7 links. But without the Temple, and we know the Arkendish can disrupt Thinkamancy spells, though Charlie might not be able to do so while diminished so.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:47 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Shit, actually, this just makes the Great Minds more dangerous. Yes, they are fewer. But Isaac is insane, and Tisha is dead. The two most Parson favoring members are out of the picture, and Roger was not at the Temple when he was destroyed. He's gonna be the new defacto head honcho.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions