Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 241
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:17 pm 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
No one in particular wrote:
ManaCaster wrote:
JadedDragoon wrote:
And if were to ship anyone it would be Jack and Jill(ian)... because common... that's gotta be a sign(amancy).

That ship sailed and sank quite thoroughly in-comic. I suspect Jillian prefers fighters.

One might even say he's a... Jillted Lover?

Jack and Jill 2: Jillted Jack (The Jilltening).

That being said, Sky Appletini is clearly tsundere towards Parson. Or maybe kuudere. But she will never have a chance, because clearly Parson and Caesar were made for each other, so much that fate had to get Bunny out of the way.

Caesar learning this true reason for her death will provide the drama for book 4, when balder turns all this soap the forum has been making into an opera.

(I don't really ship Parson with anyone, but I like Lilith, so I wouldn't mind if it turned into a canon ship.)

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:36 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Lord Dominator wrote:
    No one in particular wrote:
    ManaCaster wrote:
    That ship sailed and sank quite thoroughly in-comic. I suspect Jillian prefers fighters.

One might even say he's a... Jillted Lover?

That being said, Sky Appletini is clearly tsundere towards Parson. Or maybe kuudere. But she will never have a chance, because clearly Parson and Caesar were made for each other, so much that fate had to get Bunny out of the way.

Caesar learning this true reason for her death will provide the drama for book 4, when balder turns all this soap the forum has been making into an opera.

(I don't really ship Parson with anyone, but I like Lilith, so I wouldn't mind if it turned into a canon ship.)

I'm pretty sure that Book 3, Of Jillians and Contracts, is just going to run forever.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lord Dominator wrote:

How can I save schmuckers for book 3 when you make things that require tipping?

Seriously, I almost spit my Dr. Pepper.

As an aside I just had an idea to write about the Healomancer Dr. Pepper and his 23 spells of healing.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:59 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Ruler of Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lord Dominator makes a good point. Who are we to say that LilithxParson has no chance when Parson himself put the moves on Sky Appletini?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:16 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Morsious wrote:
    Lord Dominator wrote:

How can I save schmuckers for book 3 when you make things that require tipping?

Seriously, I almost spit my Dr. Pepper.

As an aside I just had an idea to write about the Healomancer Dr. Pepper and his 23 spells of healing.

Here, have some. I've got more than I need.

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:38 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent
    Somehow find it odd that the action figure's headgear looks like he's robbing a store.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Uhhm, why?
    He's a reference to The Spy.
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Spy

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:31 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Why do they have to be careful not to wound it? Are the trying to kill it, or trap it completely unharmed?

Also, this is a useless question since not knowing the answer presupposes that I won't see the answer, but how do you find out if someone quoted you or just generally jump to specific posts on this forum? Seems like the only thing it lets you do is jump to threads starting on either page 1 or wherever the unread posts start. Which is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike a useful feature...

[edit] Exactly 100 replies in before I bother asking this. Shows how much I pay attention to stuff

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:41 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    My guess is that they're trying to trap it unharmed so as not to trigger any contract penalties.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:42 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    zbeeblebrox wrote:
    Why do they have to be careful not to wound it? Are the trying to kill it, or trap it completely unharmed?

Because of (please god no) the contract.

zbeeblebrox wrote:
    Also, this is a useless question since not knowing the answer presupposes that I won't see the answer, but how do you find out if someone quoted you or just generally jump to specific posts on this forum? Seems like the only thing it lets you do is jump to threads starting on either page 1 or wherever the unread posts start. Which is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike a useful feature...

[edit] Exactly 100 replies in before I bother asking this. Shows how much I pay attention to stuff

There's a tiny little violet page symbol next to the posted date for your individual comment. Right clicking that and choosing to copy the link will let you paste a link directly to that comment. Like so.

As for knowing some one quoted you. I'm not sure you can. I just keep an eye on the thread for a bit after I post something to see if any one had anything to contribute. Sometimes I don't pay attention cause I'm pretty sure I don't want to see the response.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 am 
    zbeeblebrox wrote:

Simple: If you see that in a post there is a box that says "zbeeblebrox wrote", that means someone is quoting you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:35 am 

It would be a pain to code that because it means keeping track of where a user last was in every thread they view.

Jumping to quote origins is possible, using that purple page thing, set the quote= part to be a URL with the OP's name..

Edited to show how to do it.

Express your opinion on balance in Erfworld

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:29 am 
    The fact that someone is using a quote box with your name on it (or even a link to one of your posts) doesn't mean that they are quoting you. It just means that the post contains BBcode that creates a quote box and a label, which happens to be your name.
    Most browsers have a page search that lets you jump to all instances of a given word/phrase that occurs on a page, you can just go to your last post and search any additional pages for mentions of your user name.

P.S. Your profile has links to your latest posts and a link to a list of all your posts, starting with the most recent.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:04 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    All this has me wanting Sizemore to show up in a Neo outfit just in time to stop the bullets in mid air. They are after all just dirtamancy.

Ohh then we can get Wanda in a Trinity outfit..

"but I have to wonder how much anyone here really knows about their own world. What he told me sounds like a lot of crap about the four basic elements that people believed for centuries just because Aristotle said it." - Parson

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:57 am 
    "Sizemore, I'm not afraid anymore. Marie told me that I would fall in love and that that man... the man that I loved would be The One. So you see, you can't be dead. You can't be... because I love you. You hear me? I love you."
    Big kiss.

P.S. "Oh, I have the 'pliers, too. So get up!"

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:16 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    zbeeblebrox wrote:

You can jump to the first post, the last post, or the first post you haven't read by clicking the subject line, the arrow icon by the name of the last poster in the final column, or the arrow icon at the beginning of the subject field, respectively. Edit: No longer on mobile, so a screenshot. I think from your text you already know this, but if not...

You can get the address of a specific post for linking or bookmarking by clicking the "page" icon in the post header:

The forum actually can let you know when you've been quoted or mentioned, but the custom skin on these boards may not bring out that notification anywhere. You can check manually in your User Control Panel, on this page:
    ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_list

All of these options work best if you tell the site to remember you when logging in. Otherwise, it seems your last read position frequently is lost.

Also in the user control panel, under Posting Defaults, there is an option to notify you if replies. Mine was turned off, which must be the default. I toggled the setting, and I'll let you know what I find. Posting defaults is here: ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=post

There is an option to receive an email when you are quoted. If they really don't have a notification indicator on this skin, that may be the best way to get the info you're looking for:
    ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

Last edited by atteSmythe on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:39 am 
    David Hunt wrote:
    Slayorious wrote:
    Can trapping the action figure even hold it if it has the wrench? Just doesn't seem like a good plan.

I think it's safe to assume that the wrench belonged to Ivan for a long time prior to his capture. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of knowing what it can do and how to contain someone who's holding it.

Nonsense, the forums are the only true arbiters of knowledge and good planning.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:23 am 
    Even if Ivan can't contain the spy doll, at least they can observe how it escapes. They can confirm whether it can use the wrench, and whatever else it can do that it shouldn't be able to.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    greyknight wrote:
    David Hunt wrote:
    Slayorious wrote:
    Can trapping the action figure even hold it if it has the wrench? Just doesn't seem like a good plan.

I think it's safe to assume that the wrench belonged to Ivan for a long time prior to his capture. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of knowing what it can do and how to contain someone who's holding it.

Nonsense, the forums are the only true arbiters of knowledge and good planning.

Of course, the forums always come to a consensus on every topic, after all. We're veritable Great Minds That Think Alike, aren't we.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:29 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Morgaln wrote:
    Of course, the forums always come to a consensus on every topic, after all. We're veritable Great Minds That Think Alike, aren't we.

We're more like The Hatters that Send their Disparate Opinions that occasionally Ditto.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions