Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Re: Erfworld Q&A
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:01 pm 
InInUrForumz wrote:
This is just speculation, but I strongly suspect the reason certain races are "natural allies" instead of having a side of their own is that they're unable to field a real leader. Just like losing your capital ends your side....if you don't have a strong enough leader, you can't make a side in the first place. It seems logical to me.

Or it has to do with attitudes. Stanley is fairly evil, and classically so are goblins. Elves are good guys, so they side with a good guy.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:23 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Kreistor wrote:
    Stanley is fairly evil

Propaganda!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:16 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    R3u wrote:
    My question is this... Do Erfworlders age? How old are all the units we've seen? What's the average age? Given that people can pop whole-cloth, how many of the named characters have ages of less than a few hundred days? Who's oldest, and who's youngest?

War doesn't take very long at all in a strategy game, and that makes me very curious about life expectancies and ages.

I wondered the same thing. Perhaps they last indefinitely, until they are croaked or disbanded.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Where does Wanda get all those sweet outfits anyway? How does she decide what clothes the uncroaked wear? Some special trait of hers? Is she also a master fasionmancer :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:54 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Well, I assume Jamie just draws her that way.

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:16 pm 
    InInUrForumz wrote:
    Justyn wrote:
    New questions:

Are Gems the only things that can be mined and converted into Schmuckers, or can other things (precious metals like gold or silver, or other materials like jade, ivory, or pearls) be used to fund a side's treasury?

Had the Gobwins successfully taken and held Gobwin Knob, would that have made them a capital side?

This is just speculation, but I strongly suspect the reason certain races are "natural allies" instead of having a side of their own is that they're unable to field a real leader. Just like losing your capital ends your side....if you don't have a strong enough leader, you can't make a side in the first place. It seems logical to me.

The elves are listed as "Natural Allies", and one of their 'brands', the Superfluous Elves, provided their own Warlord, who was important enough that he feasted with Ansom, Duke Nozzle, Scarlet and the Blue Warlord the night before the siege. The Woodsy Elves also fielded Tarfu who was a Warlord.

I don't think it's about providing a strong leader, but rather having a Capital or cities, but who knows? Natural Allies seem to have their own rules, because even without a side they don't revert to barbarians.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld