Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry and Essays

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:17 am 
I've been working on a very fanfictiony story. It's about two sides far, far away from the central Erfworld conflict, in a land cursed by the titans to be cold as ice. The Mayfrag, who believe in strength above all else, face a schism with their longtime allies, the Chan, when it is discovered that the region is rich in hidden gems.

Exposition Time: The story, for the most part, follows the adventures of Juden, a Foolamancer popped by a previous king of Mayfrag. Juden isn't a high level, but he can cloak himself well enough to survive- which is useful, because the current Mayfrag leader believes that casters are pointless. Since Juden's upkeep is low, it's not worth disbanding him, but he is sentenced to an eternal "scouting mission", where he is at the mercy of wild wofls. Meanwhile, the Chan create a link between a shockamancer, a lookamancer, and a thinkamancer, to stun every unit in the Mayfrag city while they invade.

-Wofls, in this story, are basically Earth wolves. Mayfrag's city can pop wofls, but there are many that pop in the wild and attack small stacks of units.

-Do I have to explain the naming of Mayfrag's side?

-Yeah, so maybe there isn't snow in known Erfworld. There aren't yeti, either, but that doesn't stop them from being conquered by the Chan's Chief Warlord, Candlejagamesh.

So, I've finished writing out the story and started drawing it a few days ago. Drawing erf-y characters is harder than I thought [extra-special appreciation to Jamie goes here], and I'm really bad at it, so I haven't made it very far yet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:23 pm 
    It sounds interesting but remember to keep it goofy beacuse I mean its erfworld. Almost every side and unit has a modern reference of one kind or another.
    Also, is wofls pronounced waffles?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:34 am 
    -Yes, it's goofy. And it's a bit farther along now. The first three pages are overly dramatic, but it's a war between a clan of refrigerator repairmen and 4chan.

-Yes, Waffles.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry and Essays