Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 pm 
Offline
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:39 am
Posts: 24
GobwinPie wrote:
KiltedNinja wrote:
wow... nuts, (un)expected turn of events here.. Poor Jack :/

..And did anyone notice the dying decrypted archon (with the PCP) is the same chick with the grey hair who's face we didn't see last time? AND NOW WE'LL NEVER SEE HER FACE!!!!


Of course not. Facelessness and wearing red shirts are the leading causes of nameless character death.

(name here) wrote:
So, Wanda, what have you learned about not listening to parson?


Or assuming that you HAVE listened to Parson, not double-checking, AND not listening to Ansom either. After all, Ansom was right about this plan, wasn't he?




I like what you did here

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:01 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:58 pm
    Posts: 1
    Regarding the identity of the unknown Jetstone warlord: Tennis terms + gray hair + that particular nose makes me think John McEnroe.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:09 pm 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:36 pm
    Posts: 3
    teratorn wrote:
    ZePlasma wrote:
    Its possible hes useing foolamancy and there really is no arrow in him
    The displacement drops when he is hit. He's injured.


    My point was that he could be using foolamancy so good that he wasnt actually hit... and they are still veiled but he created yet more illusions to make it seem that they were hit, I doubt this is actually the case but its possible

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:40 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:38 pm
    Posts: 1
    Haha I love how decrypted Archons die by turning into "Angel Dust". Haha PCP! Classic.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:13 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:22 pm
    Posts: 187
    karma0745 wrote:
    Haha I love how decrypted Archons die by turning into "Angel Dust". Haha PCP! Classic.


    Now I get it!

    _________________
    If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:33 am 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 am
    Posts: 376
    While Jack is one of my favorite charecters a part of me hopes he gets captured here so we can find out the answer to one of the bigger questions of the series, Why are Faq's Casters so Loyal to Stanley?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:32 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:04 am
    Posts: 49
    ZePlasma wrote:

    My point was that he could be using foolamancy so good that he wasnt actually hit... and they are still veiled but he created yet more illusions to make it seem that they were hit, I doubt this is actually the case but its possible


    To repeat-

    It. Is. Not. A. Veil.

    It follows different rules, and anythign we know about veils is irrelevant to this spell.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:43 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:53 am
    Posts: 49
    mmg wrote:
    Regarding the identity of the unknown Jetstone warlord: Tennis terms + gray hair + that particular nose makes me think John McEnroe.


    You might very well be right :) Well spotted if it is so.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:51 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:02 pm
    Posts: 208
    This battle is far from over. Wanda may yet get away with one of the princes, although at some cost and great risk. Great update. I like how leaders' stats oblige them to take the front line in battle.

    I must be juvenile, because I still snicker at Ossimer's battle-diaper. It looks like he's more comfortable crouching because the iron crotch is so over-built.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:38 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:31 pm
    Posts: 13
    Infidel wrote:
    Thufir Hawat there seems rather quick on the uptake. Seeing one archon down already doesn't make things look good for the team. I would have expected them to still be expending their actions against the false images rather than turning around so quickly.


    Are we sure that the archon is actually killed? Isn't that her to the right in the last frame (hair looks exactly the same)?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:30 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 pm
    Posts: 986
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    Looks like one archon bought it at least. Hope team Wanda picks it up next comic.

    _________________
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:59 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 pm
    Posts: 565
    The Minx wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Thufir Hawat there seems rather quick on the uptake. Seeing one archon down already doesn't make things look good for the team. I would have expected them to still be expending their actions against the false images rather than turning around so quickly.


    Are we sure that the archon is actually killed? Isn't that her to the right in the last frame (hair looks exactly the same)?

    Its not...the archon on the left seems to have blond hair, and i think that might be the net she's holding, not hair.... next to her the archon has red hair, and the final archon is wearing a different outfit

    _________________
    My Deviantart

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:01 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    the_tick_rules wrote:
    Looks like one archon bought it at least. Hope team Wanda picks it up next comic.


    I just hope next comic will still be about this particular battle. Remember, there's Stanley's war room, then Jillian, also the Caesar side-story ... so many places to switch perspective to for a "meanwhile" thing.

    Of course, a perspective switch is unlikely, but I fear them and wear a tinfoil hat.

    EDIT: oh wow. Apparently there was some truth in my tinfoil hat.

    EDIT 2: Actually, this maneuver of doing text updates from a different perspective than the current run of comic pages makes an insane amount of sense.

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:31 pm 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:03 am
    Posts: 307
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Location: Salisbury, Maryland
    crazyguy_co wrote:
    ZePlasma wrote:

    My point was that he could be using foolamancy so good that he wasnt actually hit... and they are still veiled but he created yet more illusions to make it seem that they were hit, I doubt this is actually the case but its possible


    To repeat-

    It. Is. Not. A. Veil.

    It follows different rules, and anythign we know about veils is irrelevant to this spell.


    Technically he could possibly be casting a veil of the displacement going down, he is considered incredibly talented. I don't think he is, but it's possible.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:09 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:01 am
    Posts: 23
    Updog wrote:
    GobwinPie wrote:
    KiltedNinja wrote:
    wow... nuts, (un)expected turn of events here.. Poor Jack :/

    ..And did anyone notice the dying decrypted archon (with the PCP) is the same chick with the grey hair who's face we didn't see last time? AND NOW WE'LL NEVER SEE HER FACE!!!!


    I know this is very late, but i had problems logging in for the first time.

    Did anyone notice the Archon killed is one of the two net carrier Archons and that one of them is now left holding the net... You can see it as she is one of the two grey haired archons but she has a hat, the other does not.

    Of course one of the other Archons can probably assist in capture, but this might take too much time, flying there grabbing hold of the net so that a second volley of Arrows could be fired.

    I therefore see this as a sign that no capturing will be done. My prediction.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:46 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:07 pm
    Posts: 201
    I gotta say, I'm liking Tramennis more and more. The way he first made his entrance, he seemed a bit like the stereotypical "spoiled fop" ... but it turns out that whatever his mannerisms are, he knows what he's doing

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 8
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:47 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 pm
    Posts: 1185
    build6 wrote:
    I gotta say, I'm liking Tramennis more and more. The way he first made his entrance, he seemed a bit like the stereotypical "spoiled fop" ... but it turns out that whatever his mannerisms are, he knows what he's doing

    It's lateral thinking that's going to allow anyone to try to make a stand against GK and Parson.

    _________________
    They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ftl, Google Adsense [Bot], greyknight, Heffenfeffer, Madhattan, PsychoMentats, qualiyah, roadnottaken, Xiahou Mao, Zippy the Squirrel and 16 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: