Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
SteveMB wrote:
If I understand the setup correctly, most of the actual page content is entered into the "Description" and "Text" template pages for each panel. I've done a batch of panels (up to Page 6).

Yeah. However, the categories and any additional misc information can be included in the page itself.

The paneler template includes the image, the next/prev links and then the text and description.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:53 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    raphfrk wrote:
    Yeah. However, the categories and any additional misc information can be included in the page itself.

The paneler template includes the image, the next/prev links and then the text and description.

That's what it looked like; thanks for confirming. Some of the pages had the text and description on the main frame page; I've been transferring them to the text/description template pages.

The "prev" link seems to break for the first frame of each page; other than that everything seems to work.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:28 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    SteveMB wrote:
    The "prev" link seems to break for the first frame of each page; other than that everything seems to work.

I think that is due to caching of the templates, and will fix itself. If you get to a page with a problem press edit and then modify

action=edit

to

action=purge

This should bring up the page again, but after recalculating the templates.

Also, some of the later pages don't have the right number of panels. If it says 3/(unknown), then the number of panels needs to be filled in. You can click on the unknown button to bring up the template.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:24 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    raphfrk wrote:
    SteveMB wrote:

I think that is due to caching of the templates, and will fix itself. If you get to a page with a problem press edit and then modify

action=edit

to

action=purge

This should bring up the page again, but after recalculating the templates.

Also, some of the later pages don't have the right number of panels. If it says 3/(unknown), then the number of panels needs to be filled in. You can click on the unknown button to bring up the template.

After looking at some of the page sources, it appears to be an issue with the pages that have templates that look like: {{paneler|2|1}} and graphics that have an individual JPG file for each frame.

Most of the later pages have templates that look like: {{paneler|9|1|TBFGK|8|26|697|257|8|10|9}} and pointers to a whole-page JPG file (the first four numbers after "TBFGK" give the coordinates of the upper left and lower right pixel of the desired frame for that page). Those pages don't have any problems with the "previous" link.

EDIT: I redid the frames of Page 9 from the {{paneler|2|1}} version to the {{paneler|9|1|TBFGK|8|26|697|257|8|10|9}} version; that resolves the link-back-to-previous-page problem.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:50 pm 
    The problem was that the later versions include the book name (TBFGK), while the earlier ones assume that it will default.

I have fixed it.

The later ones have the disadvantage of slower load times for the first panel on each page (as it has to load the entire page), but then faster loads for the rest of the panels (as it uses the same image from cache).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:07 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    quite amazing, makes reading it somewhat more interesting

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:24 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Its a great opprutunity to point out little things that are thematic or to point out chekov's guns and such. I'm glad you guys are on this.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:33 pm 
    I have added the templates to produce page by page access for this, and links to connect up the various pages. I have only created entries for page 1 and 2. There is still a need for info to be entered manually for all of the pages though. The template needs the number of panels per page and ideally next/previous pages.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1

I have created a template which contains and array (which will? :) ) contain all the needed info per page at:

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php? ... ction=edit

This has turn number and active side for each page. In principle, with that info, it should be possible to create an index page automatically.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:46 pm 
    I've been noodling on the basic text transcription and panel descriptions (along with some other folks). At the moment, it's up to page 38, and the earliest page to be done is

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_38a:1

It's an oddly addictive combination of mechanical typing (transcribing panel text) and actual writing (generating panel descriptions).

EDIT: Is this the current Wiki talk page for Annotation Project meeble? I wanted to make sure I was pointing out an issue (the new full-page templates give panel descriptions in standard text and italicize all the dialogue; I would argue for doing it the other way around because italicizing the dialog loses all information about which dialog actually is in italics in the original) in the correct place.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:26 am 
    Added book-level template. It extracts the turn info from the _page_info page here.

It takes a while to process though. However, once the page is created, it uses the cache from then on, so shouldn't be a massive load on the server.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld