Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Digdoug - Episode 21
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:44 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
YRM_DM wrote:
It makes a lot of sense that Charlie actually takes steps to make sure sides see that Carneymancers can't be trusted... had Dove's plan worked out, she'd have been a good example of why you can trust/hire a Carney... but if Charlie offers good deals to them, and at the same time makes them less trustworthy to everyone else, then, a whole class of caster becomes dependent on Charlie to survive.

It's good business for him to make sure that things go wrong for you if you hire a Carney.

Where have I heard this before? Dunno. Oh well, I agree.
Lipkin wrote:
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Charlie was the one who implemented the secrecy policy about Carnymancy. By keeping everyone mum about what Carnymancy can do, he keeps it mum about what he can do. By keeping Carnymancy's reputation sullied, he keeps a powerful discipline of casters desperate for his employment. It greatly works in Charlie's favor to keep Carnies as low men on the totem pole. And now nobody trusts them, so even if they would play ball with Parson and switch alliances, Parson wouldn't trust them to do it, because everyone would tell him it's a mistake.

What I'm getting from the characterization of Carnies so far is that if Parson earned their respect and paid them fair, they'd be great allies. Unless their learned duplicity caused them to try and play both sides.

Bottom line, I'm wondering if all the negative traits of Carnies weren't started by Charlie in the first place. He's the oldest character that we have heard of, I believe, so it's conceivable that he's had a hand in shaping Carny culture.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:26 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Where's Episode 22, damnnit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:24 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    OneHugeTuck wrote:
    I think that Rob Balder has an ending planned and has been putting it off. The number of episodes has been expanding in his plans because he keeps deciding to add more build-up to whatever the climax will be, but now I think it's time to finally open the gate and let this story run. Our questions are going to be answered and the ultimate purpose of this story will be revealed. It's about time for Charlie to make an appearance, and that can only mean big things. I think it has all been building up to Episode 22. I think we should expect it will take longer than the average episode, and it will probably be a long episode. The longer we wait, the more sure I am that something very special is on its way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:16 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Lilwik wrote:
    OneHugeTuck wrote:
    I think that Rob Balder has an ending planned and has been putting it off. The number of episodes has been expanding in his plans because he keeps deciding to add more build-up to whatever the climax will be, but now I think it's time to finally open the gate and let this story run. Our questions are going to be answered and the ultimate purpose of this story will be revealed. It's about time for Charlie to make an appearance, and that can only mean big things. I think it has all been building up to Episode 22. I think we should expect it will take longer than the average episode, and it will probably be a long episode. The longer we wait, the more sure I am that something very special is on its way.

Did you really just post that? Now it's going to be a filler post for sure...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:54 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm tempted to turn Lilwik into a drinking game. Take a shot every time he calls Rob by his full name and showers compliments on him.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:09 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    No thank you. I already wake up enough mornings with my liver calling me an asshole and holding coffee. If I start on that game, there may come a morning when I do not wake up... and it could be SOON.

EDIT: For this thought: At least Rob is pretty deserving of the heaps of praise... I can't fault those opinions.

C: Starting a theory from the point of view that characters have given false information (knowingly or unknowingly) is not a valid way to build an argument.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:19 pm 
    Lipkin wrote:
    I'm tempted to turn Lilwik into a drinking game. Take a shot every time he calls Rob by his full name and showers compliments on him.

Thankfully, I'd only have to drink if it's quoted, now that Oberon pointed out the Foe system in this forum. The forum is a much nicer place now. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:42 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Guys, this conversation is a mite unseemly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:32 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Thanks to the foe system, the only post on this page I can read is from Drachefly. Which makes it a bit.... unseenly!

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:01 am 
    Is it fitting to remove evidence of an argument in which each person admited that there isn't enough evidence?

Yes. Yes it is.

If a post in a reaction thread irks you, consider PMs, or the use of a thread in another subforum and invite the poster there. This isn't reddit, but I want to hit the [-] button to skip past all the feels to find crunchy or baseless speculation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions