Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Website Things » Suggestions/Requests

Post subject: Wiki Spamming
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:41 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
The erf wiki is being overwhelmed with spammers.
Suggest disabling new signups until a better long term solution can be found.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6748 ... awiki-spam ?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Wiki Spamming
     Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:46 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    This suggestion, just like all other great suggestions before it, will likely be ignored by Rob and company. In a sense I understand why, because I assume they don't want to spend effort fixing something that is simply going to be replaced by the new website. On the other hand however, given it's development history (or rather lack thereof) so far, I seriously don't hope to ever even see this new website before I'm in an old folks home lol -_-

On the flip side, the wiki is fairly lackluster anyway and receives very little input. I tell myself that is just because the spambots and such have discouraged people from investing effort in it, so it's probably just a vicious cycle of apathy. So in my old age when we have that new website and I have nothing better to do than gnaw on prunes, I'll come back and write the entire wiki from scratch as I do a page-by=age re-read of the full 20 Books of Erfworld lol.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Wiki Spamming
     Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:00 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I did some adjustments in February which seem to be working stably so far, and have also purged the bulk of the spam. Apologies this took so long to get to.

Old page content will be migrated when we do move to the new website, so don't worry about losing stuff added in the meantime.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Website Things » Suggestions/Requests