Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Links : Parson himself
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:14 pm 
Okay, newly registered user here, so please be forgiving if my ideas are not new. After reading through some of the threads about magic-user linkups here, I wondered :

Hey, Parson's a caster of some sort, right? So what would happen if he was in a linkup?

First, I think it would have the advantage of clarifying which type of caster he is. The thinkamancer could probably help him sort out through what he can and can't do. While it is not that important immediately, it would probably be very useful in the long run.

Second, it would bring Parson's mind into the link, and Parson's mind is one of the most creative minds of Erfworld. I think in a three-man linkup, Parson could develop magic in ways unthought of.

For example, with dirtamancy, he could build micro-golems (for scouting, or in ant-like swarms, for example), or sandstorm-golems, that kind of things. With dollamancy, he could probably bring the ideas of the industrial age and build not magic items, but magic items that mass-produce magic items by themselves.

As for what Parson could do in a link with a carnymancer, I shudder even to think of it...

What do you think? What else would happen, or what could Parson do, in a linkup?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:35 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    He's not yet in a state to be involved in a link. Note how people get brought into a link, being told to remember the first spell they cast. Parson has a while to go. Maybe he could be brought into an involuntary link, though I'm biased on that topic.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:15 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Wellllllll, that's a tricky thing. We have been told Thinkamancy is more complex than the casters like to admit. Casters joining a link are told to remember the feeling of casting in their school...because that is their core unit type and what defines them. However, being a caster is not what defines Parson. So it may be possible to bring him into a link by having him focus on something else, something central to who he is. If this is possible, then he need not have cast a spell before joining. (And also means that perhaps Warlords can be linked as well, which is an idea that has been proposed before, use the 'Dish to link all the 'Tool wielders, including Stanley.)

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:15 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    There's bound to be more than one way to skin this metaphorical cat, no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if the person to first link with Parson was either a Master-class Thinkamancer, or if it is what pushes Maggie into Master-class. But as it stands right now nothing in the comic has been shown that would allow Parson to link. That is, however, bound to change.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:11 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It would be pretty funny if Parson actually already had cast a spell. The words of the spell?

"FUCK... YOU!"

He altered his signamancy from that a of a game piece, to that of a player. Or maybe the spell was "I'm a player!" and he altered the signamancy of profanity.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:23 am 
    ...that's actually a really interesting concept I would be interested to keep an eye on. Not something I'd bet for, but definitely interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:55 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    0beron wrote:
    Casters joining a link are told to remember the feeling of casting in their school...because that is their core unit type and what defines them.
    As far as I can tell, we don't actually know why. Feel free to guess, of course.

0beron wrote:
    However, being a caster is not what defines Parson. So it may be possible to bring him into a link by having him focus on something else, something central to who he is.
    It may also be possible to bring him into a link by countless other means based on all the vast complexities of Thinkamancy that we've only seen hints of. A bigger question is: would he actually be able to accomplish anything in the link when he has no knowledge of magic to contribute? Perhaps he could use a link as a tool to come up with brilliant new strategies, just as long as he writes them down while linked so he can remember them afterward.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:46 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lilwik wrote:
    0beron wrote:
    Casters joining a link are told to remember the feeling of casting in their school...because that is their core unit type and what defines them.
    As far as I can tell, we don't actually know why. Feel free to guess, of course.
    It's called a logical conclusion mister contrary. Sizemore popped as a Dirtamancer unit, and in the link he needed to do Dirtamancy. It's a pretty basic connection. Or perhaps if you'd like to approach it from a slightly different connection, the unit has to focus on what they will be needed to offer the link in terms of skills and abilities. Either way you wanna phrase it, it still points to non-casters theoretically being able to participate in links.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:20 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Two person links lead to greater understanding of the discipline of the non-Thinker caster. I suspect Parson and Maggie might link on their own just to find out what Parson is. With plenty "does this remind you of something" subtext mixed in.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:37 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Linking parson will have one result, and one only.
    http://youtu.be/7p69InNS-j0?t=4m25s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyDaI0qzywQ

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:08 pm 
    I do not understand the message you are trying to convey.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:14 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lipkin wrote:
    Phylan wrote:
    what could Parson do, in a linkup?
    Hamsters. Giant hamsters everywhere. With rocket launchers. The hamsters are actually fur suits.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:31 am 
    Shai_hulud wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    Phylan wrote:
    what could Parson do, in a linkup?
    Hamsters. Giant hamsters everywhere. With rocket launchers. The hamsters are actually fur suits.

Huh. I guess I was just so shocked by the imagery I failed to see the obvious. Anime is weird, man.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:28 pm 
    Yeah, I was mostly laughing at the idea of military grade battle bears, in the form of fur-suit power armor. You know, because fur-suits, but Ace hates pervert stuff and fluffy stuffed animals. I wasn't being exactly serious.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:54 pm 
    http://cdn.walltowatch.com/files/0/0/0/6/00061845.jpg

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld