Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:23 pm 
Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
tigerusthegreat wrote:
Attack is only PVP, attacking creatures takes Energy.
Ok offhand that seems like a possible problem/balance issue, just to give my opinion since I assume you're looking for feedback. Should prolly keep an eye on it as we play and see if it works out being fair.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:52 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    0beron wrote:
    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    Attack is only PVP, attacking creatures takes Energy.
    Ok offhand that seems like a possible problem/balance issue, just to give my opinion since I assume you're looking for feedback. Should prolly keep an eye on it as we play and see if it works out being fair.

I'm considering changing to to attack is for PCs and NPCs and energy is for creatures.

Last Updated 07/14/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:57 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I feel like it should be Attack for everything, maybe with the option of subsituting Energy on creatures. If Attack is only good against "humanoids", then players who go for high Attack are essentially forced to be seeking out other players to get their resources, rather than being hunters for example when there aren't players nearby.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:07 pm 
    0beron wrote:
    I feel like it should be Attack for everything, maybe with the option of subsituting Energy on creatures. If Attack is only good against "humanoids", then players who go for high Attack are essentially forced to be seeking out other players to get their resources, rather than being hunters for example when there aren't players nearby.

Okay, I can get behind that.

Rules change: Attack can be used to attack anything; Energy can also be used to attack creatures.

Also, starting with turn 2, we will be moving to its own seperate thread, and rules discussion can continue here (I will make the thread when I post turn 2)

Feel free to redo turns with the above information.

Also, going to give info for creatures:

IN the visible mountain hexes, there are a couple goats in each.

In the visible hill hex, there are some sheep

In the E3 forest section, there are a couple deer, and a single wolf
    In the E4 forest section there are no animals

In the southern plains section there are a few small animals (foxes and rabbits)

In your current hex, there are 3 pigs.

Feel free to redo your turns. Animals change each turn.

Last Updated 07/14/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I will keep my turn the same, travel north 1 hex and spend 2 actions mining for ore, use my 1 attack on a sheep after mining.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:24 pm 
    Buck changes tact to take down one of the pigs instead then.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:03 pm 
    Turn orders the same, including my orders via PM, except going to E4 instead of E3 to begin.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:07 pm 
    Zhatan would like to harvest 2 pigs then move to G2

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:11 pm 
    What exactly is entailed in inventing a blueprint from scratch? Does it cost Energy, and is there a chance of wasting the materials?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:22 pm 
    Cross post from the giantitp forum (running two games with the same rules is difficult, I thought I posted this here)

Okay, notes then for everyone:

Harvesting materials in the appropriate biome will give bonuses/better materials. For example, getting wood from a forest is better than getting wood from the grassland. Mountains are the best places to find ore, etc.

Researching Blueprints will require twice the material an item takes to make, and the materials have to be appropriate. Problem is you don't know any blueprints besides your own, so you have to guess and gamble. Researching blueprints will not take any energy (I'm being nice here). To research one, simply say how much and what kind of materials you are using to research, and I will let you know the result. Research will be cumulative, so if you don't quite get there, the materials carry over to further research on that topic (say if you needed 16 wood, but only used 10, if you add 6 more wood to research, then you get the blueprint). It is an experimental process for a reason. It takes no energy

Crafting requires 1 energy per item made.

Resource Gathering requires 1 energy per type of action, and you can repeat the action again if you want (i.e. chopping wood twice takes 2 energy, as does chopping wood and mining for stone). The material rewards depend on your skill, luck, and what is available (i.e. if a hex doesn't have ore, you won't get ore....but only the DM knows that for sure).

Last Updated 07/14/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:39 am 
    When you mine can you dig tunnels and such?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:33 am 
    GWvsJohn wrote:

Yes, but I am not sure yet what that would do mechanically, as I do not have rules built for it. I imagine it would allow you access to better materials, but that's about it....

Then, of course, someone else could come to your deep hole you spent a long time "building", kill you, take your stuff, and dig in your deep hole

Last Updated 07/14/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:44 am 
    Also, this thread is now only for rules discussion, This thread is for gameplay

Last Updated 07/14/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:52 am 
    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    GWvsJohn wrote:

Yes, but I am not sure yet what that would do mechanically, as I do not have rules built for it. I imagine it would allow you access to better materials, but that's about it....

Then, of course, someone else could come to your deep hole you spent a long time "building", kill you, take your stuff, and dig in your deep hole

I was thinking more for defense. If I can excavate a cave/tunnel I only have to defend it from one direction.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:52 pm 
    GWvsJohn wrote:
    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    GWvsJohn wrote:

I was thinking more for defense. If I can excavate a cave/tunnel I only have to defend it from one direction.

Maybe a defensive bonus then? I'll have to look into how to fit that sort of thing into the mechanics.

Last Updated 07/14/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:41 am 
    Will be updating thread tomorrow night, been a busy weekend with homework and just finishing up a couple assignments tonight.

Last Updated 07/14/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 pm 
    I notice you're specifying our skill with Unarmed Attacks, which I assume means armed attacks will also have their own skill levels. Not sure if the only categories you're using are Armed/Unarmed, or if it's more diverse than that. I'd recommend the following if you want more specific skills, cus I think these groups cover everything:
    • Bladed
    • Bludgeoning
    • Polearm/Hafted
    • Projectile
    • Thrown
    • Unarmed

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:12 pm 
    Also, when you succeed on inventing a Blueprint...do you get a finished item? Or do you have to spend the materials all over again with an Action to actually get it?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:04 pm 
    0beron wrote:
    I notice you're specifying our skill with Unarmed Attacks, which I assume means armed attacks will also have their own skill levels. Not sure if the only categories you're using are Armed/Unarmed, or if it's more diverse than that. I'd recommend the following if you want more specific skills, cus I think these groups cover everything:
    • Bladed
    • Bludgeoning
    • Polearm/Hafted
    • Projectile
    • Thrown
    • Unarmed

This is what I was thinking.

You get a crafted item, but with slightly reduced stats over an item you would have made with the blueprint. So to make a "good" item, you'd have to make a second one (which would level up your blueprint and allow you to make a better one, etc)

Last Updated 07/14/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm 
    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    You get a crafted item, but with slightly reduced stats over an item you would have made with the blueprint. So to make a "good" item, you'd have to make a second one (which would level up your blueprint and allow you to make a better one, etc)
    Ok totes fine by me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games