Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:18 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
it rubs the lotion on its skin
it does this whenever it's told
it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I know that people have been able to nitpick about something in all of the previous updates. This or that detail left up in the air, or this or that bit of art not being backwards compatible, and I've been guilty of it myself. (And after other people were talking about Bunny in the last Epilogue, I also agree she was too Maggie for her personality, since Bunny is more of an empathy feeling character.)

This update is absolutely flawless. A horrifying little side story advancing Caesar's story and his internal turmoil while showing us WHY TV's Dollamancer is considered justly a pervert. The art is perfect as well, the minimalist structure perfectly blended into the horror format, and the texturizing of the walls and surfaces was just enough to be realism but not too busy. There was nothing detracting from the main points and enough extra to have a bit of a look into the double sided nature of TV's Dungeon space of the garrison. The shading of panel 1 is also exemplary. Bravo to the team.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm 
    That came terrifyingly out of left field. Not that there's a problem with that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:46 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So new side called Metroland? Also, why would a doll need to put lotion on its skin?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:52 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well hell, so Bill is slowly creating a super golem? How did they miss the upkeep cost for that? Do golem's not have one then? Well hell.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:20 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    It seems strongly implied that no magically-created units have upkeep. Stanley all but said Uncroaked don't, Haffaton's use of plant units adds to the case, and just the common sense of the fact that magical units don't need to eat, therefor no cost of popping rations.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well, when Caesar's revolution hits I kind of hope that this is one of the guys he cleans out. The position of Creative Dollamancer to Parson Gotti is taken. Jetpacks good, gross serial killer antics bad.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:43 am 
    Shai_hulud wrote:
    So new side called Metroland? Also, why would a doll need to put lotion on its skin?

It's a Silence of the Lambs reference (it's an infamous line of the character Buffalo Bill).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:51 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I know about Silence of the Lambs. I was saying... why would a doll have skin that needs lotion? As in... could he see its unit type was Doll when he looked in the hole, or is it actually...

-The Song of Maybe

Last edited by Shai hulud on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:58 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    *Reads comic* :shock:

What is it you young people habitually say?

"Lolwut?" , is that right?.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:59 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I assumed that it was lube. Or maybe he just likes the oily look.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:02 am 
    I've actually been waiting well over a year for a Buffalo Bill Dollamancer. Since Haffatons Barton was first mentioned in fact. It seems as far as resource exploits go, harvesting parts from a unit, including rations, that you know is gonna heal the next day is a pretty abusive one. In more than one way :? . What do you suppose the odds are we just found one of the sources for all that leather they've been making Molls and Dolls out of?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Shai_hulud wrote:
    I've actually been waiting well over a year for a Buffalo Bill Dollamancer. Since Haffatons Barton was first mentioned in fact. It seems as far as resource exploits go, harvesting parts from a unit, including rations, that you know is gonna heal the next day is a pretty abusive one. In more than one way :? . What do you suppose the odds are we just found one of the sources for all that leather they've been making Molls and Dolls out of?

AHHHHHHH!.

You scare me. I don't wanna play with you no more!. :shock:

:lol: Especially that game people make groups play, you know, when they tell you your group has to choose from a pile of things to take to a desert island . . .

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:09 am 
    Happy early Halloween.

Edit* Yeah, I also played a lot of Dungeon Keeper. A lot.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:34 am 
    Shai_hulud wrote:

Wait what? So... if unit is strong enough to survive.. lets say a missing arm, then next turn they get their arm magically regrown and they are full HP... so if that is true, a unit could like chop off an arm, and well... use it as rations and repeat next turn? Whoa man...

Also are there cannibal tribes in Erfworld then?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:47 am 
    arbo wrote:
    Darn, Rob can do horror.

I'm not gonna sleep well tonight.

Thank goodness I only just woke up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:19 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Intocabille_CZ wrote:
    Shai_hulud wrote:

Wait what? So... if unit is strong enough to survive.. lets say a missing arm, then next turn they get their arm magically regrown and they are full HP... so if that is true, a unit could like chop off an arm, and well... use it as rations and repeat next turn? Whoa man...

This update just confirmed that the TV vamps can health drain their captives in place of rations. And considering that they are vampires, I'd say yes.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:43 am 
    Lipkin wrote:
    Intocabille_CZ wrote:
    Shai_hulud wrote:

This update just confirmed that the TV vamps can health drain their captives in place of rations. And considering that they are vampires, I'd say yes.

But those are vampires, I would assume it could fall into some sort of natural ability of life drainage, transferring non-material hitpoints from other unit to themselves. What I meant, however horrific the implications, is literally chopping of an arm (and we saw units in comic missing an arm and still be more or less combat-worthy) and using that arm as rations every turn as the source unit would heal... ?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:59 am 
    Well that was pretty disturbing :shock:
    and while I get that people get the notion of a "lovecraftian" horror doll, given the description, I imagined it being more like Jon Beinart's toddlerpedes.

And yes you should definitively try and google that :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:58 am 
    No one in particular wrote:
    Jabberwocky wrote:
    Have you seen the movie "Human Centipede"?

Though I think that may take a Croakamancer/Dollamancer linkup to properly make.

I can thankfully say that I have not! And have no intention to, ever. I am, however, passingly familiar with it, which is why I mentioned the name of the doctor from it in an earlier post (Dr Heiter, IMDB tells me).

I think the Croak/Doll link-up would be a bad way to do it. Sure, it might be extra horrifying, but unless it's Wanda with the pliers, the... centipede... would rot over a series of turns (bonus to shockamancy, maybe?) until it turned to dust. A purely Dollamancer version would last longer.

... oh, man! You know what I'm thinking now? Sid, from Toy Story! Giant baby-heads on spider legs, how's THAT for freaky?

i wondered when someone'd get the Toy Story reference... freakishly it came to me before the silence of the lambs which only jogged my insight at the last line with the lotion reference. Completely missed the pit, goggles and leather apron visual clues so it would seem the words are more important to me than the visuals.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions