Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Holy hell. That came out of no where.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:21 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    O...kay?

What did I just read?

So what's the rest of Bill's name, then? He's got Sam Fisher goggles and a build like Pyramid Head. (Actually I know it's not Pyramid Head but that would fit so well, considering what he does to the mannequins in Silent Hill 2!)

-Az

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    This one made me smile. Not because it's hilariously funny or anything, but mostly because it made me imagine Benjamin and Bill having an earnest conversation about eyegear. Bifocals and night vision goggles, you know?

It's a nice dark comic for a rather dark point in Caesar's life, and you can't go wrong with a Buffalo Bill reference if you want dark and creepy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    A Lovecraftian horror! I wonder how it will fit into the story.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Looks like it's The Silence of the Juvenile Horned Sheep.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:27 pm 
    Ya this one kinda came out of nowhere. The info that Ceaser and the like can sustain themselves off of captured units is interesting though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:30 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I do now remember Vinny calling TV's Dollmancer a pervert. I can see why.

Yeeeeeeeesh.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:37 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Hmmm was wondering when/if we'd meet this guy, I can see now how he managed to stay off-screen for so long. Also fascinating to see how much a caster's personality influences their side strategy. Jetstone is fielding their golems all the time, whereas Transylvito has this creeper shut-in, and you only seem to see their golems in cities.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:45 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    AOL: wolfclawxx
    Yay, a Caesar update. :>

And hmm, I betcha we'll get to see a lot more to do with Transylvito next chapter, so this recent stuff is helping set things up, getting the 'introductions' and groundwork all there. On the Transylvito note, I'll be very interested to see what Vinny thinks of these developments- he's presumably been hunkered back at FAQ this entire book, and Jillian's about to come back and face the music (also, with Ansom). Oughta be interesting. :3

Sixty wrote:
    Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wow.. that was rather creepy.
    Seeing Buffalo Bill as an erf unit made a certain amount of sense. He does like his crafting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Bill Buffalo, Dollamancer to Transylvito

Love this. I'm glad Transylvito still has its secrets and surprises, and manages to keep its creepy, monstrous brand. Interesting that we nerds of the 21st century see Lovecraft before we see Shelley's Frankenstein.

Why is Caesar drunk?

What happens when a Transylvito special unit drains life from a Decrypted unit?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:50 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    That was an appropriate update for this time of year, despite the disconnectedness of it from anything else going on. :)

I almost missed confirmation of a life-draining mechanic, heh.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:51 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    I would love to know why two of TV's casters don't seem to have been popped there, being apparently unrelated to the dominant tribe of vampires. Benjamin also has been at odds with his Ruler; maybe he's a turned unit? I can see some reasons why you wouldn't want a turned caster in the field, leaving them safely occupied in the Dungeon spending all their juice every turn on golems.

Assuming they wouldn't actually attack their ruler no matter how low their loyalty, leaving them at home gives them fewer opportunities to defect, be captured, or fail to otherwise give 100% for the side. It backfired with Wanda, yeah, but for reasons unrelated to these strategic ones.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:00 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ho ho. "Transylvito gets its shmucker's worth out of prisoners... one way or another."

I'm actually REALLY curious to learn more about Billy-boy, now. He's a lurker, sure, but he's soft-spoken, respectful and isn't actually hurting anyone (unlike, say, Wanda). His... pet project... is a bit more life-like than Sizemore's crap-golems, but it's just Stuff and Juice. He's not Dr Frankenstein, Herbert West or Dr Heiter, chopping up other Units for his experiment. As creepy as it is, it could be a legitimate attempt by a Dollamancer to push the limits of his craft.

Can Bill create a Doll with two faces, doubling its chances of spotting veiled units? Or avoiding surprise attacks?
    Can he create Dolls with 6 arms, with all the extra attack power that would mean?
    Could Bill create a Doll that's a viable field-unit, but is also so FREAKISH to behold that looking at it counts as a Shockamancy attack?
    Would any other side allow their caster to try and innovate like this?

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:06 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Urf wrote:
    Why is Caesar drunk?
    Because he's had a very bad argument with his boss and the closest thing to a father-figure he knows (even if he wasn't popped as a royal heir), and just watched what was supposed to be an easy win for their allies turn into a total shitstorm. Times are really depressing right now.

Alternately, he's drunk because he spent 3 hours drinking a barrel of wine.

Urf wrote:
    What happens when a Transylvito special unit drains life from a Decrypted unit?
    I imagine something similar to you trying to drink a gallon of spoiled milk. Either VERRRRRY little health gain, or poisoning. Or both!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:55 pm 
    I haven't posted in 4 years, and logged back on just to say that was... weird. Really curious to see what role Bill and his hobby will play in the future. Alright, see you in a couple of years

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:41 pm 
    No one in particular wrote:
    Could Bill create a Doll that's a viable field-unit, but is also so FREAKISH to behold that looking at it counts as a Shockamancy attack?

Have you seen the movie "Human Centipede"?

Though I think that may take a Croakamancer/Dollamancer linkup to properly make.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 pm 
    Jabberwocky wrote:
    Have you seen the movie "Human Centipede"?

Though I think that may take a Croakamancer/Dollamancer linkup to properly make.

I can thankfully say that I have not! And have no intention to, ever. I am, however, passingly familiar with it, which is why I mentioned the name of the doctor from it in an earlier post (Dr Heiter, IMDB tells me).

I think the Croak/Doll link-up would be a bad way to do it. Sure, it might be extra horrifying, but unless it's Wanda with the pliers, the... centipede... would rot over a series of turns (bonus to shockamancy, maybe?) until it turned to dust. A purely Dollamancer version would last longer.

... oh, man! You know what I'm thinking now? Sid, from Toy Story! Giant baby-heads on spider legs, how's THAT for freaky?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Darn, Rob can do horror.

I'm not gonna sleep well tonight.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions